If the election wasn't fraudulent and stolen why are so many states currently changing their election laws to make it harder to cheat and why are we talking about anything else than the fact that currently living under a dictatorship

8 hours ago, Toldya said:
20 hours ago, superds77 said:

No.

Are you FOR limiting participation to those who are legally qualified to vote?

I think voting should be extremely easy and convenient for everyone who is legally able to vote.

...and that is the crux of the debate. Determining WHO is LEGALLY able to vote. \

As far as convenience...I think in a state like Georgia, having 17 DAYS of early voting including 2 saturdays and optional sundays IN ADDITION TO NO REASON ABSENTEE voting makes voting EXTREMELY EASY.

Do you agree?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because republicans are butt hurt losers. It's as plain as the cock in your mouth 

Not to mention fighting tooth and nail not to hand over ballots and machines.    Georgia election officials see now refuse to hand over ballots. In AZ they’ve been stalling for months.   

felon

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, superds77 said:

...and that is the crux of the debate. Determining WHO is LEGALLY able to vote. \

As far as convenience...I think in a state like Georgia, having 17 DAYS of early voting including 2 saturdays and optional sundays IN ADDITION TO NO REASON ABSENTEE voting makes voting EXTREMELY EASY.

Do you agree?

No, I do not. There was NO REASON to change the voting laws whatever. The goal of the GOP legislature was very clearly to PREVENT Democrats from voting.

5 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:
22 minutes ago, superds77 said:

Do you agree?

No, I do not. There was NO REASON to change the voting laws whatever. The goal of the GOP legislature was very clearly to PREVENT Democrats from voting.

No? how is having 17 DAYS of early voting including 2 saturdays and optional sundays IN ADDITION TO NO REASON ABSENTEE voting NOT EXTREMELY EASY.

You are in a rhetorical corner professor. Just admit that the above prevents NO LEGALLY ABLE VOTER from voting. Come on man! Be intellectually honest.

2 minutes ago, superds77 said:

No? how is having 17 DAYS of early voting including 2 saturdays and optional sundays IN ADDITION TO NO REASON ABSENTEE voting NOT EXTREMELY EASY.

You are in a rhetorical corner professor. Just admit that the above prevents NO LEGALLY ABLE VOTER from voting. Come on man! Be intellectually honest.

If something is not broken, and GA's election rules in 2020 were not broken, there is NO REASON to change them. Obviously, the GOP took all they data they had and changed the rules to  favor them. WHY NOT leave the election in the hands of an elected Sec of State?

if I lived in GA< I would NEVER VOTE for any schmuck that proposed or voted for this new attempt at Jim Crow again.

Just as there is NO WAY I will vote for DeSantis/.

31 minutes ago, superds77 said:

Do you agree?

On the surface it would seem so, but it still ultimately limits the time available if you factor in work hours and leaves a lot of room for 'errors' in verification and 'accidental' purges, whether they're intentional or not.

I expect a lot of people (Democrats primarily) will repeatedly attempt to cast votes only to hear 'oh sorry, you're not on the list... if you think this is a mistake, we can sort that out, but it might take a few days'... or 'sorry, we don't accept any of those IDs... but if you apply for a special voting ID, we can get one to you in 4-6 weeks'. I also expect long lines, delays, confusion and basically a lot of people being forced to endure boatloads of frustration and disorganization and discomfort that will encourage them to give up and go home to look after their kids or eat dinner.

Is very clear he can vote and you cannot spelled out explicitly by law what's the confusion??? I will answer my own question the confusion is how do we change the law and word it so that anyone can vote and since how are far many more poor people who are inclined to vote Democrat you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out what's going on with the Democratic party and voting regularities etc etc same old stuff i....t's a privilege not a right.

45 minutes ago, Stevendecaturxc said:

Is very clear he can vote and you cannot spelled out explicitly by law what's the confusion??? I will answer my own question the confusion is how do we change the law and word it so that anyone can vote and since how are far many more poor people who are inclined to vote Democrat you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out what's going on with the Democratic party and voting regularities etc etc same old stuff i....t's a privilege not a right.

WRONG!   Voting is a RIGHT, not a privilege.

You need to read your post before posting it, this is very, very poorly written.

5 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:
5 hours ago, superds77 said:

If something is not broken, and GA's election rules in 2020 were not broken, there is NO REASON to change them. Obviously, the GOP took all they data they had and changed the rules to  favor them. WHY NOT leave the election in the hands of an elected Sec of State?

if I lived in GA< I would NEVER VOTE for any schmuck that proposed or voted for this new attempt at Jim Crow again.

I am sorry professor but you are insufferable. How is EXPANDING early voting to 17 DAYS including saturdays and sundays "Jim Crow"? Putting NO REASON ABSENTEE voting into law is "Jim Crow"? Come on man!

It seems you are incapable of being intellectually honest. At least Toldya can acknowledge that these adjustments to the law are not making voting more difficult. The opposite in fact.

The SOS is required to FOLLOW existing law that has been debated and voted on by the elected representative and the governor, NOT make his own law (which he most certainly did in 2020). Why not leave the lawmaking to the ELECTED representatives of the PEOPLE?

Dare I ask, which provision of this new law most resembles "Jim Crow"? If you are brave enough to answer.

5 hours ago, Toldya said:

On the surface it would seem so, but it still ultimately limits the time available if you factor in work hours and leaves a lot of room for 'errors' in verification and 'accidental' purges, whether they're intentional or not.

17 days early and saturdays and sundays (optional) is not enough for a single person to make time? I disagree, if a person cannot make time to vote under those parameters it would seem they do not care about it that much.

I expect a lot of people (Democrats primarily) will repeatedly attempt to cast votes only to hear 'oh sorry, you're not on the list...

Where are you getting this from and what does it have to do with the laws that have passed? Why would this primarily affect democrats?

I also expect long lines, delays, confusion and basically a lot of people being forced to endure boatloads of frustration and disorganization and discomfort that will encourage them to give up and go home to look after their kids or eat dinner.

Which is why there is 17 days including some weekends AND NO REASON absentee voting. How much easier could it get?

8 minutes ago, superds77 said:

Where are you getting this from and what does it have to do with the laws that have passed? Why would this primarily affect democrats?

Because it has already happened.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/19/georgia-governor-race-voter-suppression-brian-kemp

Georgia removed more than 534,000 voters that way in 2016 and 2017. Using databases employed by commercial mailing firms, analysts commissioned by Palast’s group found that 334,134 of those citizens actually still live at the address they registered.

Lawsuits have also charged that Kemp blocked the registrations of 50,000 would-be voters, 80% of them black, Latino or Asian, because of minor discrepancies in the spelling or spacing of their name. Another suit targeted the state’s most diverse county after it rejected an unusually large number of absentee ballots.

This seems like something that could easily take voters by surprise when they show up to the polls, and also take weeks to resolve... which would deny them their vote in the sort of banal, unexciting way that wouldn't arouse much interest in the story.

The Republicans know where most Dem voters live... it isn't hard to target them.

8 minutes ago, superds77 said:

Which is why there is 17 days including some weekends AND NO REASON absentee voting. How much easier could it get?

If they have been purged from the rolls, then it won't matter.

2 minutes ago, Toldya said:

This seems like something that could easily take voters by surprise when they show up to the polls, and also take weeks to resolve... which would deny them their vote in the sort of banal, unexciting way that wouldn't arouse much interest in the story.

also from the guardian article you cited...

"Under Georgia procedures, registered voters who have not cast ballots for three years are sent a notice asking them to confirm they still live at their address. If they don’t return it, they are marked inactive. If they don’t vote for two more general elections after that, they are removed from the rolls."

The fact that people still lived at the address is not proof that they should not be purged under Georgia law apparently.

Perhaps these laws can or should be adjusted, but should there not be a process for purging voter rolls to keep them as up to date as possible?

Lastly, the voter roll purging aside, are we agreeing that the laws passed regarding early and absentee voting do NOT make voting more difficult?

I appreciate the civil back and forth.

20 minutes ago, superds77 said:

I am sorry professor but you are insufferable. How is EXPANDING early voting to 17 DAYS including saturdays and sundays "Jim Crow"? Putting NO REASON ABSENTEE voting into law is "Jim Crow"? Come on man!

It seems you are incapable of being intellectually honest. At least Toldya can acknowledge that these adjustments to the law are not making voting more difficult. The opposite in fact.

The SOS is required to FOLLOW existing law that has been debated and voted on by the elected representative and the governor, NOT make his own law (which he most certainly did in 2020). Why not leave the lawmaking to the ELECTED representatives of the PEOPLE?

Dare I ask, which provision of this new law most resembles "Jim Crow"? If you are brave enough to answer.

Any and all provisions, and there are several, designed to make it more difficult to vote in 2022 than it was in 2020, are Jim Crow. removing the Secretary of State as the official overseer and replacing him with an assortment of GOP hacks is pretty awful, and permitting voting on Saturdays OR Sundays, rather than on Saturdays AND Sundays is another.

The intent of these GOP legislators is to prevent the people of Atlanta, Macon, Sac=vannah and Augusta from having a major role in determining who runs Georgia:  the educated, the minorities and the progressives as opposed to the less educated, the GoodoleBoys and the rustic bumpkins. Julian Bond vs Junior Samples.

I am delighted that you find me insufferable. But to debate me, suffer you must. My daughter lives in Atlanta. One of my uncles used to pretty much own Valdosta.

2 minutes ago, superds77 said:

The fact that people still lived at the address is not proof that they should not be purged under Georgia law apparently.

Why would they even be purged at all? Exactly what good does it do to remove potential voters from the rolls and force them AND the government to go through a registration process all over again if they decide to vote? The only reason that law even exists is to benefit the GOP and discourage voting, as well as clogging up the system to prevent the process from going smoothly or happening on time.

And blocking 50,000 minority registrations over inadequate spacing on the forms or minor changes in spellings in their names is ridiculous. This is obviously a deliberate effort to prevent minorities from voting.

ALL eligible voters should be automatically registered when they turn 18, and this should happen nationwide. There is no rational argument against doing this.

13 minutes ago, superds77 said:

Lastly, the voter roll purging aside, are we agreeing that the laws passed regarding early and absentee voting do NOT make voting more difficult?

They don't seem to.

20 minutes ago, superds77 said:

also from the guardian article you cited...

"Under Georgia procedures, registered voters who have not cast ballots for three years are sent a notice asking them to confirm they still live at their address. If they don’t return it, they are marked inactive. If they don’t vote for two more general elections after that, they are removed from the rolls."

Perhaps these laws can or should be adjusted, but should there not be a process for purging voter rolls to keep them as up to date as possible?

I am reminded of the question, "other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?"

I appreciate the civil back and forth.