Plastic Is Falling From the Sky.

Yellowstone National Park Day Trip Bus Tour from Jackson 2021 - Jackson Hole

Beautiful, isn't it?

Don't be fooled!

It's a toxic hell.

At any given time, 1,100 tons of microplastic are floating over the western US.  

Plastic Is Falling From the Sky. But Where’s It Coming From? | WIRED

(Full article at above link)

IF YOU FIND yourself in some secluded spot in the American West—maybe Yellowstone, or the deserts of Utah, or the forests of Oregon—take a deep breath and get some fresh air along with some microplastic.  The stuff is falling out of the sky, tainting the most remote corners of North America—and the world. Plastic rain is the new acid rain.

But where is it all coming from?   84 percent of airborne microplastics in the American West actually comes from the roads outside of major cities. Another 11 percent is blowing all the way in from the ocean.  Plastics disintegrate but don’t ever really disappear, the amount in the ocean has been skyrocketing.

“The amount of plastics that are in our ocean is just overwhelming.”

These microplastics aren’t just washing ashore and accumulating on beaches. When waves crash and winds scour the ocean, they launch seawater droplets into the air. These obviously contain salt, but also organic matter and microplastics. “Then the water evaporates, and you're left just with the aerosols,” or tiny floating bits of particulate matter.

Mature European Man In White Tshirt Shouting And Suffocate Because Painful  Strangle. Health Problem. Stock Image - Image of hold, male: 123418759

"I can't breathe!"

Now you know how it feels, cracker.

• Thanks 2

This is kind of reminiscent of when I was a kid in the early 80s.    I remember wondering whether my umbrella would be enough to keep me safe from acid rain.    I also thought that quicksand was something I would have to deal with regularly as an adult.    That was the mindset of a 5 year old.

Amazingly, 30 and 40 year olds today have that same mindset.  

3 hours ago, crazyhole said:

Doesn't seem like a big deal.    Just wear a mask.  

lol. That's probably true. But the microplastic is everywhere all of the time. That can't be healthy.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, drvoke said:

lol. That's probably true. But the microplastic is everywhere all of the time. That can't be healthy.

I'm more worried about the macro plastic.  Giant ziploc bags terrorizing major American cities is the kind of thing nobody wants to think about.   That would be a fucking nightmare.  It's why I own an AR-15.   

3 hours ago, drvoke said:

Why did you tell me that...I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight.

Got any stats on crackheads with cheap hand guns ?

10 hours ago, drvoke said:

Beautiful, isn't it?

Don't be fooled!

It's a toxic hell.

IF YOU FIND yourself in some secluded spot in the American West—maybe Yellowstone, or the deserts of Utah, or the forests of Oregon—take a deep breath and get some fresh air along with some microplastic.  The stuff is falling out of the sky, tainting the most remote corners of North America—and the world. Plastic rain is the new acid rain.

But where is it all coming from?   84 percent of airborne microplastics in the American West actually comes from the roads outside of major cities. Another 11 percent is blowing all the way in from the ocean.  Plastics disintegrate but don’t ever really disappear, the amount in the ocean has been skyrocketing.

These microplastics aren’t just washing ashore and accumulating on beaches. When waves crash and winds scour the ocean, they launch seawater droplets into the air. These obviously contain salt, but also organic matter and microplastics. “Then the water evaporates, and you're left just with the aerosols,” or tiny floating bits of particulate matter.

Mature European Man In White Tshirt Shouting And Suffocate Because Painful  Strangle. Health Problem. Stock Image - Image of hold, male: 123418759

"I can't breathe!"

It’s in our fish and seafood as well. 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28440941/

10 hours ago, drvoke said:

Why?  Lots of stuff is everywhere all the time, even these critters.....

8053868934_cbe8108894_b.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

14 hours ago, drvoke said:

Beautiful, isn't it?

Don't be fooled!

It's a toxic hell.

"I can't breathe!"

vx2.jpg

9 hours ago, Skans said:

Why?  Lots of stuff is everywhere all the time, even these critters.....

8053868934_cbe8108894_b.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

100% Natural. Biodegradable and a good source of protein.

19 hours ago, Old Mack said:

Why did you tell me that...I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight.

My OPs should be considered stimulants.

19 hours ago, Old Mack said:

Got any stats on crackheads with cheap hand guns ?

I do, some false, some true.

20 hours ago, crazyhole said:

I'm more worried about the macro plastic.  Giant ziploc bags terrorizing major American cities is the kind of thing nobody wants to think about.   That would be a fucking nightmare.  It's why I own an AR-15.   

When I walked today, the entire time I was looking at trash strewn everywhere. This country is turning into a cesspool.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, drvoke said:

I do, some false, some true.

So I'm guessing you already know there are a lot bullets falling from the sky in all our Democrat controlled cities.

1 minute ago, drvoke said:

When I walked today, the entire time I was looking at trash strewn everywhere. This country is turning into a cesspool.

Did you pick any of that trash up and dispose of it appropriately?

7 minutes ago, Old Mack said:

So I'm guessing you already know there are a lot bullets falling from the sky in all our Democrat controlled cities.

A storm's a comin'.

(Coincidentally, I just finished reading this book not too long ago. But this storm was on whitey.)

Penguin Classics Deluxe Edition: Storm of Steel : (penguin Classics Deluxe  Edition) (Paperback) - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

6 minutes ago, crazyhole said:

Did you pick any of that trash up and dispose of it appropriately?

I would have, but I not a fucking garbage collector, so no.

• Thumb up 1

20 hours ago, crazyhole said:

We should arm ourselves against the giant chicken fat monster! Its out to get us!

Heard that on QAnon! LMAO!

17 minutes ago, drvoke said:

It was TWUMP's leftover cheeseburger wrappers! LOL!

1 minute ago, nuckin futz said:

We should arm ourselves against the giant chicken fat monster! Its out to get us!

Heard that on QAnon! LMAO!

I wouldn't sweat the giant chicken fat monster.   He can't protect himself from the microplastics because his beak keeps poking holes in his n-95.   

• Haha 2