Jump to content

Record fires, floods, destructive weather patterns, some claim the result of Global Warming-Green House effect?????


Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, TruePatriot said:

 

You are so retarded and brainwashed, crazywhore, you don't even understand the difference between the rapidly melting Antarctic ice cap, which is adding a lot of water to sea level rise, and the tiny (by volume) fringe of sea ice floating on the ocean around Antarctica and not adding to sea level rise. Sea ice is a small, small fraction of one percent of the volume of ice resting ON Antarctica, and has no significance to the very real and pressing issue of sea level rise accelerating and threatening coastal areas around the world.

 

Antarctic ice, which has accumulated over millions of years, is up to 3 miles deep and covers about 5.3 million square miles, or about 97.6 percent of the continent. This volume of ice amounts to about 6 million cubic miles - if it were returned to the oceans, it would raise global sea level about 200 feet. These two ice sheets cover all but 2.4 percent of Antarctica's 14 million square kilometers. This ice is 90 percent of all the world's ice and 70 percent of all the world's fresh water.

- National Science Foundation

 

Sounds like a natural earth cycle to me...you know, ice ages and Jurassic era...IE total climate opposites...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, crazyhole said:

I'll just go floaty pants and have a cooler full of beer, and enjoy my time in the water.    

The industry for life preservers club will probably deem those floaty pants unsafe and not coast guard approved....tsk tsk...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ROG62 said:

The industry for life preservers club will probably deem those floaty pants unsafe and not coast guard approved....tsk tsk...

Fine.   I'll jump in a cattle tank, put a trolling motor on it,and bring 3 coolers full of beer.  Floaty pants be damned!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazyhole said:

You should really call NASA and NOAA and explain what's going on, because so far they can't explain why it's not consistent with their earlier models.   

 

Also, tell them we have passed the point of no return so it isnt really worth worrying about anymore.   

 

You should really call your mother and ask her how come you turned out so fucking retarded, crazywhore. Was she doing a lot of bad drugs when you were conceived?.........or did she just fuck an armadillo?

 

Meanwhile, NASA doing just fine, their climate models are entirely consistent with the actual reality that is unfolding as the Earth continues to heat up, the glaciers and ice caps continue to melt at accelerating rates, the climate patterns continue to change and be disrupted, and the oceans continue to heat up and turn more acidic.

 

You have been lied to about all of this by your fossil fuel industry puppetmasters, including your bullshit fraudulent beliefs about NASA 's supposed mistakes.

 

The idea that the world has already passed some "point of no return" is just another fraudulent denier cult excuse for doing nothing to deal with the Global Warming/Climate Disruption crisis.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CrimeaRiver said:

 

The earth's climate is actually in a cooling period

 

Your brain is actually in a DEAD period, CryingRetard.

 

In the real world.......

2020 Tied for Warmest Year on Record, NASA Analysis Shows

NASA - updated on March 17, 2021

 

Earth’s global average surface temperature in 2020 tied with 2016 as the warmest year on record, according to an analysis by NASA. Continuing the planet’s long-term warming trend, the year’s globally averaged temperature was 1.84 degrees Fahrenheit (1.02 degrees Celsius) warmer than the baseline 1951-1980 mean, according to scientists at NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) in New York. 2020 edged out 2016 by a very small amount, within the margin of error of the analysis, making the years effectively tied for the warmest year on record. “The last seven years have been the warmest seven years on record, typifying the ongoing and dramatic warming trend,” said GISS Director Gavin Schmidt. “Whether one year is a record or not is not really that important – the important things are long-term trends. With these trends, and as the human impact on the climate increases, we have to expect that records will continue to be broken.” Earth's average temperature has risen more than 2 degrees Fahrenheit (1.2 degrees Celsius) since the late 19th century. Rising temperatures are causing phenomena such as loss of sea ice and ice sheet mass, sea level rise, longer and more intense heat waves, and shifts in plant and animal habitats. In the long term, parts of the globe are also warming faster than others. Earth’s warming trends are most pronounced in the Arctic, which the GISTEMP analysis shows is warming more than three times as fast as the rest of the globe over the past 30 years, according to Schmidt. The loss of Arctic sea ice – whose annual minimum area is declining by about 13 percent per decade – makes the region less reflective, meaning more sunlight is absorbed by the oceans and temperatures rise further still. This phenomenon, known as Arctic amplification, is driving further sea ice loss, ice sheet melt and sea level risemore intense Arctic fire seasons, and permafrost melt.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TruePatriot said:

 

Your brain is actually in a DEAD period, CryingRetard.

 

In the real world.......

2020 Tied for Warmest Year on Record, NASA Analysis Shows

NASA - updated on March 17, 2021

 

Earth’s global average surface temperature in 2020 tied with 2016 as the warmest year on record, according to an analysis by NASA. Continuing the planet’s long-term warming trend, the year’s globally averaged temperature was 1.84 degrees Fahrenheit (1.02 degrees Celsius) warmer than the baseline 1951-1980 mean, according to scientists at NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) in New York. 2020 edged out 2016 by a very small amount, within the margin of error of the analysis, making the years effectively tied for the warmest year on record. “The last seven years have been the warmest seven years on record, typifying the ongoing and dramatic warming trend,” said GISS Director Gavin Schmidt. “Whether one year is a record or not is not really that important – the important things are long-term trends. With these trends, and as the human impact on the climate increases, we have to expect that records will continue to be broken.” Earth's average temperature has risen more than 2 degrees Fahrenheit (1.2 degrees Celsius) since the late 19th century. Rising temperatures are causing phenomena such as loss of sea ice and ice sheet mass, sea level rise, longer and more intense heat waves, and shifts in plant and animal habitats. In the long term, parts of the globe are also warming faster than others. Earth’s warming trends are most pronounced in the Arctic, which the GISTEMP analysis shows is warming more than three times as fast as the rest of the globe over the past 30 years, according to Schmidt. The loss of Arctic sea ice – whose annual minimum area is declining by about 13 percent per decade – makes the region less reflective, meaning more sunlight is absorbed by the oceans and temperatures rise further still. This phenomenon, known as Arctic amplification, is driving further sea ice loss, ice sheet melt and sea level risemore intense Arctic fire seasons, and permafrost melt.

 

 

 

 

 

FIVE

 

ICE

 

AGES

 

chill dumb bitches

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TruePatriot said:

 

Your brain is actually in a DEAD period, CryingRetard.

 

In the real world.......

2020 Tied for Warmest Year on Record, NASA Analysis Shows

NASA - updated on March 17, 2021

 

Earth’s global average surface temperature in 2020 tied with 2016 as the warmest year on record, according to an analysis by NASA. Continuing the planet’s long-term warming trend, the year’s globally averaged temperature was 1.84 degrees Fahrenheit (1.02 degrees Celsius) warmer than the baseline 1951-1980 mean, according to scientists at NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) in New York. 2020 edged out 2016 by a very small amount, within the margin of error of the analysis, making the years effectively tied for the warmest year on record. “The last seven years have been the warmest seven years on record, typifying the ongoing and dramatic warming trend,” said GISS Director Gavin Schmidt. “Whether one year is a record or not is not really that important – the important things are long-term trends. With these trends, and as the human impact on the climate increases, we have to expect that records will continue to be broken.” Earth's average temperature has risen more than 2 degrees Fahrenheit (1.2 degrees Celsius) since the late 19th century. Rising temperatures are causing phenomena such as loss of sea ice and ice sheet mass, sea level rise, longer and more intense heat waves, and shifts in plant and animal habitats. In the long term, parts of the globe are also warming faster than others. Earth’s warming trends are most pronounced in the Arctic, which the GISTEMP analysis shows is warming more than three times as fast as the rest of the globe over the past 30 years, according to Schmidt. The loss of Arctic sea ice – whose annual minimum area is declining by about 13 percent per decade – makes the region less reflective, meaning more sunlight is absorbed by the oceans and temperatures rise further still. This phenomenon, known as Arctic amplification, is driving further sea ice loss, ice sheet melt and sea level risemore intense Arctic fire seasons, and permafrost melt.

 

 

They don't know what earths "average" temperature was in the late 19th century to within 2 deg F.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CrimeaRiver said:

 

 

 

FIVE

 

ICE

 

AGES

 

chill dumb bitches

 

Yeah....so what, CrazyRetard? What does the existence of some previous "ice ages", that have well known, scientifically understood reasons for their beginnings and endings, have to do with the current abrupt global warming, that has nothing to do with the causal factors and timing of those "ice ages", but is definitely (according to the laws of physics and the clear scientific consensus) being caused by the human produced 50% increase in atmospheric carbon dioxide levels over the pre-industrial levels??? In scientific fact, current un-natural global warming has nothing to do with the natural ice ages. 

 

Too bad you're too dim, ignorant and gullible to be able to understand that reality.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Michaelf said:

They don't know what earths "average" temperature was in the late 19th century to within 2 deg F.

 

If by "they", you mean the world scientific community......then you have made it quite obvious that you have no fucking idea what they know or don't know, you pathetically ignorant, anti-science retard.

 

According to an ongoing temperature analysis conducted by scientists at NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS), the average global temperature on Earth has increased by a little more than 2° Fahrenheit since 1880.
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, crazyhole said:

You should really call NASA and NOAA and explain what's going on, because so far they can't explain why it's not consistent with their earlier models.   

 

Also, tell them we have passed the point of no return so it isnt really worth worrying about anymore.   

 

Maybe you should realize that the RWNJ media will only ever focus exclusively on the minority of models that didn't pan out, or just simply distort the facts on them the same way they distort the facts on every other issue.

 

https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2943/study-confirms-climate-models-are-getting-future-warming-projections-right/

 

Quote

Now a new evaluation of global climate models used to project Earth’s future global average surface temperatures over the past half-century answers that question: most of the models have been quite accurate.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, entitled said:

What caused all the flooding, increase in temperature, wildfires (besides the refusal to allow natural burns) things that liberals and democrats promoted more than any other group for their own purposes and agenda?  Easy to see and understand if one has an ounce of real intelligence

 

Thousands, more like millions of square miles of once fertile land, grasslands, forest, etc., have been paved over.  Sunlight once absorbed and cooled is now reflected back into the atmosphere and heating up the earth. 

 

Thousands , more like millions, one estimate nearly 90% of our wetlands, swamps, shallow waters have been destroyed, drained much of it for development.

 

You are seriously one pompous, pretentious dumbass.

 

Has any non-RWNJ ever actually come out and said that deforestation IS NOT contributing to climate change? Can you find an example?? Spoiler: NO.

 

You sound like someone who did zero research, came up with this shit after about ten minutes of thought, decided you were an expert based on nothing but your own delusional self-importance, then spewed it all out in the most obnoxious, pseudo-intellectual way possible. 

 

Reading that was worse than watching an art film directed by a socially retarded college student who thinks he should be teaching every class he attends. I hope you break your back while trying to suck your own dick.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, TruePatriot said:

 

If by "they", you mean the world scientific community......then you have made it quite obvious that you have no fucking idea what they know or don't know, you pathetically ignorant, anti-science retard.

 

According to an ongoing temperature analysis conducted by scientists at NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS), the average global temperature on Earth has increased by a little more than 2° Fahrenheit since 1880.

Fuck you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2021 at 1:32 AM, Michaelf said:

Fuck you.

 

Brilliant comeback to getting your ass kicked to the curb.

 

Hey.....I'm sorry you are sooooooo retarded, Michump.......but that's not my fault......blame your parents!.......two people who are that severely retarded should not have children!

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TruePatriot said:

 

Brilliant comeback to getting your ass kicked to the curb.

 

Hey.....I'm sorry you are sooooooo retarded, Michump.......but that's not my fault......blame your parents!.......two people who are that severely retarded should not have children!

I repeat, they don't know what the average global temperature was in 1880 and they sure don't know what it was thousands of years ago. So go ahead and show us how little you know about measurement systems.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...