Should The US Government Force People To Be Vaccinated???

10 minutes ago, JimmyJacksAlot said:

No. 

So, if a virus, much deadlier than Covid were to strike the US, and we had the ability to vaccinate people with a moderately successful vaccine, you would be against mandatory inoculations - no matter what the disease.

6 minutes ago, CrimeaRiver said:

okay,

I had a huge crush on a small breasted 18 year old girl when I was in my early 20's.  I never did hook up with her - we liked each other, but the timing was never right.  We kissed once when she was 16, and that crush lasted a long time.

8 minutes ago, Skans said:

So, if a virus, much deadlier than Covid were to strike the US, and we had the ability to vaccinate people with a moderately successful vaccine, you would be against mandatory inoculations - no matter what the disease.

Pragmatically speaking, I could probably imagine a scenario where I could support it, but we're talking zombie level type of stuff.   100 years ago I probably could have been talked into a mandatory smallpox vaccine.   

Just now, crazyhole said:

Pragmatically speaking, I could probably imagine a scenario where I could support it, but we're talking zombie level type of stuff.   100 years ago I probably could have been talked into a mandatory smallpox vaccine.   

I'm a bit on the fence about this myself.  I too could see myself 100 years ago volunteering to hog-tie vaccine resistors and jab their arms with a long needle full of cow pox (small pox vaccine).  It was a horrific disease and it wasn't like you were just "shamed" for not wearing your mask.  If you had to watch a small child suffer with the small pox, I think that adult would be there right along side with me jabbing people's arms, whether they like it or not.

32 minutes ago, Skans said:

For:

1.  Smalpox

2.  Rubella

3.  Polio

4.  Chicken pox

5.  Flu

6.  Covid-19

7.  AIDS - if a vaccine is ever developed

Or, what about for an extremely virulent, air-borne, rapid spreading Ebola Virus?

No, I do not think vaxxing should be forced on people assuming they are immune once they get the virus.

I got the vax because I wanted to do all I could to keep from suffering long term effects as 20% of the population did (including deaths).  And I want to help all the merchants and employed of the nation get back to work like NORMAL.  I do not believe the vax has harmful effects for the average recipient of it.

3 minutes ago, Scout said:

I surely do feel sorry for children whose parents block them receiving the vax, however.  

May be a special place in hell for those people if their kids suffer as a result of their vax paranoia.

Yeah, I'm not one of those.  My kid gets every vaccine available.  Plus, a flu vaccine every year.  The kid (17 years old) will be getting the Covid vaccine one week from now - I forgot how we got qualified, but screw it - poke, and in goes the juice.

1 minute ago, Scout said:

Any one where there is a likelihood of a disease appearing.  Small pox -- not much chance.

"Likelihood" is pretty subjective.    Something like mumps or whooping cough are extremely rare and likely to not have serious symptoms.  So is polio, but I think somebody would have to be insane to deny their kids the vaccination for it.   

Full disclosure:   I almost died from the pertussis vaccine as a baby so I'm probably a little bit biased against some vaccines, even measles.   I also have reservations about gardisil for pre-teen girls.    

35 minutes ago, Skans said:

I don't think the government should force anybody to take any shot. I think marketing is the key. 

• Thumb up 1
2 minutes ago, JimmyJacksAlot said:

I don't think the government should force anybody to take any shot. I think marketing is the key. 

What if there was a scenario where there was a "captain tripps" kind of virus in a foreign nation?    If we had an existing vaccine for that, you'd be ok with not making it mandatory just in case it showed up here?

4 minutes ago, crazyhole said:

What if there was a scenario where there was a "captain tripps" kind of virus in a foreign nation?    If we had an existing vaccine for that, you'd be ok with not making it mandatory just in case it showed up here?

I think you need to convince people of the need to vaccinate. I'm not into forcing people to ingest anything against their will. 

2 minutes ago, JimmyJacksAlot said:

I think you need to convince people of the need to vaccinate. I'm not into forcing people to ingenious anything against their will. 

You do know that there will be large numbers of people who are too ignorant to understand vaccines, people who are superstitious, and people who are simply hard-headed.  If their failure to get a vaccine during a pandemic that is far more debilitating, disfiguring and deadly than covid causes small children who cannot get vaccinated to suffer and die, are you ok with that?

12 minutes ago, JimmyJacksAlot said:

Agreed, only I think incentives like "No mask required with vaccine." should be used.