Here's where New Yorks bailout money is going

31 minutes ago, crazyhole said:

derp.  

WTF?

now joe's 'infrastructure' plan to grift $3,000,000,000,000 from our future will do the same as reported that only 660bn is actually needed...

the time is nigh for public executions...

16 minutes ago, ROG62 said:

WTF?

now joe's 'infrastructure' plan to grift $3,000,000,000,000 from our future will do the same as reported that only 660bn is actually needed...

the time is nigh for public executions...

I dont even agree that we need 660 billion, but they are already tanking the dollar so may as well just blow the whole thing up sooner rather than later.  Hopefully that leads to some legitimate economic minds being put in charge of resetting the system.   

To play devil's advocate.. maybe they are worried about these illegals moving away and leaving a lot of these less than glamorous buildings empty. Also, possibly worried about a labor shortage at the unskilled level; landscape, hotels, low end restaurants, janitorial, etc. I have never been to New York and so am just guessing. 

1 minute ago, crazyhole said:

Well, FOX and NYPost aren't real news, but the rationale seems to be that because they pay taxes and contribute to society, they should get unemployment just like other workers do, except less than those workers.

So that's the explanation.

• MORON! 1
Just now, Toldya said:

Well, FOX and NYPost aren't real news, but the rationale seems to be that because they pay taxes and contribute to society, they should get unemployment just like other workers do, except less than those workers.

So that's the explanation.

Lol, so the quotes they provide from state assemblymen are just made up.   You guys go to pretty extreme lengths to put blinders on sometimes.   

• Thumb up 1
1 minute ago, crazyhole said:

Yeah, I know.

I read it and told you want they said.

You asked for an explanation, I gave you the official one... and then you started getting upset about unrelated things.

See:

54 minutes ago, crazyhole said:

Can any of the leftists on this board explain why doing this makes sense?   

4 minutes ago, Toldya said:

Yeah, I know.

I read it and told you want they said.

You asked for an explanation, I gave you the official one... and then you started getting upset about unrelated things.

See:

Hope you didn't break your ankle with that pivot.  

The fact of the matter is that giving unemployment or stimulus benefits to undocumented workers is inherently flawed and ripe for fraud.  How can someone prove they made wages in the state previously if they are "undocumented"?    Couldn't anyone just go to the state and say that they've been working there illegally and get a check?   How do they prove they were making income?    It's utterly ridiculous that anyone thinks this is a good use of taxpayer money.   

3 minutes ago, crazyhole said:

Hope you didn't break your ankle with that pivot.  

The fact of the matter is that giving unemployment or stimulus benefits to undocumented workers is inherently flawed and ripe for fraud.  How can someone prove they made wages in the state previously if they are "undocumented"?    Couldn't anyone just go to the state and say that they've been working there illegally and get a check?   How do they prove they were making income?    It's utterly ridiculous that anyone thinks this is a good use of taxpayer money.   

You ever heard of an ITIN?

4 minutes ago, crazyhole said:

How about instead of just leaping to random conclusions because you like the way it feels, you actually look into how it's being done?

I doubt that many people on this board know how this shit works because nobody on this board is an illegal immigrant... but the NYT article brought up employers filing unemployment insurance and paying taxes on their behalf, so it's probably going to go through them. I really doubt that they haven't taken into account how the system could potentially be exploited. This isn't the first time they've handed out money. 

I'm not pivoting at all. I don't trust RWNJ news AT ALL... even when it's factual, there is still an absurd amount of bias, even if it's only selection bias.