The U.S. Added 916,000 Jobs In March As Labor Market Comes Roaring Back

7 hours ago, Toldya said:
16 hours ago, superds77 said:

Crap like "pay their fair share" and "it (higher corporate taxes) is the right thing to do" etc. Typical class warfare.

If it DOES work, then yes, it is the right thing to do. Society will collapse if the wealth gap continues to grow... because wealth is power, and when too many people feel powerless, they start to fight back.

If what works? What is "it" in this case?

To me it is inarguable that (the federal government for the purposes of this conversation) is spending far too much on far too many things right now.

The first question would be " Is the proposed NEW spending constitutional?" Not whether or not the intention of the proposal is morally "right" or not. Can we agree to this?

I believe dubious the idea is that somehow raising these corporate taxes will cover the increased spending (over and above the current budget deficits).

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LMAO I knew that was coming.   You were the ones who established the rule that any economic improvement that occurs is always because of the person who is president at the time. You gave Tru

We have the  vaccine  because of  Trump.

Toldshit quotes a biased article which claims that because Cheerios cost the same in every state, General Mills does not raise national pricing when Oregon raises corp taxes   It would be fu

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Toldya said:
16 hours ago, superds77 said:

Primary reason? Maybe, maybe not, but it is A reason.. Certainly not the ONLY reason but A significant reason. How could it not be?

The question is whether or not it's enough to keep businesses away or force them to relocate. The massive and largely wealthy American consumer market is a pretty big draw.

Well higher taxation certainly does not help when a company is weighing the myriad variables, it only makes it less likely. An increase of 33% (21% to 28% as proposed) is fairly significant.

45 minutes ago, superds77 said:

Well higher taxation certainly does not help when a company is weighing the myriad variables, it only makes it less likely. An increase of 33% (21% to 28% as proposed) is fairly significant.

Estimated 1 million job loss in the first two years. 

2 hours ago, superds77 said:

If what works? What is "it" in this case?

The whole deal-- the taxes and the plan. The spending is intended to create millions of jobs and both rejuvenate and modernize the economy. It is an absolutely massive amount of money and I'm not saying it isn't making me nervous, but at the same time Trump wasn't exactly shy about running up the debt and ballooning the deficit... and it had no effect on the dollar or the markets. Biden's plan definitely beats having to bail out farmers because the trade war killed their livelihoods.

I'm also not convinced it will be doomsday for corporations either-- the last time corporate tax was as low as 21% was during the 1930s.

The first question would be " Is the proposed NEW spending constitutional?" Not whether or not the intention of the proposal is morally "right" or not. Can we agree to this?

I guess.

I believe dubious the idea is that somehow raising these corporate taxes will cover the increased spending (over and above the current budget deficits).

They will cover it because the spending is a one-time shot while the taxes would need to remain in place for several years. And everyone will benefit from infrastructure and investments in new technology... including the corporations.

5 minutes ago, Toldya said:

The whole deal-- the taxes and the plan. The spending is intended to create millions of jobs and both rejuvenate and modernize the economy. It is an absolutely massive amount of money and I'm not saying it isn't making me nervous, but at the same time Trump wasn't exactly shy about running up the debt and ballooning the deficit... and it had no effect on the dollar or the markets. Biden's plan definitely beats having to bail out farmers because the trade war killed their livelihoods.

I'm also not convinced it will be doomsday for corporations either-- the last time corporate tax was as low as 21% was during the 1930s.

I guess.

They will cover it because the spending is a one-time shot while the taxes would need to remain in place for several years. And everyone will benefit from infrastructure and investments in new technology... including the corporations.

@kfools you bust other chops... what about this post?

7 minutes ago, kfools said:

What's wrong with it?

It's long like the other one you cried about

6 minutes ago, kfools said:

Thats not the concern. Read rule 1.d

So toldya can ramble on... but someone can't post a long one just like it... got it

4 minutes ago, Duck615 said:

So toldya can ramble on... but someone can't post a long one just like it... got it

Read the rule you fucking idiot.

6 minutes ago, kfools said:

Read the rule you fucking idiot.

You contradict  yourself.