Republicans trying to save us from hinduism. Ban yoga in public schools.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/alabama-yoga-ban-school-hinduism-b1825334.html

ban on yoga in Alabama public schools is expected to stay a little longer as conservative groups raised objections to a bill that would have reversed the current restrictions. 

At a public hearing on Wednesday, representatives from two conservative groups said they were worried it could lead to the promotion of Hinduism or guided meditation practices. The bill did not advance in the Alabama Senate Judiciary Committee. 

Democratic representative Jeremy Gray of Opelika, who has been trying since 2019 to get the ban revoked, sponsored the bill. “This whole notion that if you do yoga, you’ll become Hindu — I’ve been doing yoga for 10 years and I go to church and I’m very much a Christian,” he said.

• Dontlooknow changed the title to Republicans trying to save us from hinduism. Ban yoga in public schools.
3 minutes ago, Chiseler said:

how about christianity in schools, you gonna defend that too?

I just think it's silly to think somebody doing yoga is going to turn into a hindu. 

1 minute ago, ProudButtPirate said:

I just think it's silly to think somebody doing yoga is going to turn into a hindu. 

ya because hinduism = yoga

just reading it now ya seems pretty dumb if i'm to believe the article

Phys Ed is poorly taught in most US high schools. Yoga would be an improvement. The worst parts were dodgeball and rope climbing. The Coach liked to hand the class over to a couple of football jocks and go outside for a smoke.

59 minutes ago, ProudButtPirate said:

Come on all you cancel culture warriors. 

One story about stupid parents means all of the daily social justice warrior garbage is ok. LOL Nice childish argument there sport.