Military to Allow Transgender Troops to Serve Openly

US Defense Secretary open to trans people in the military | GLAAD

"Biden first announced in January his intention to overturn the ban Trump imposed in 2017 – without prior notice to or consultation with the Pentagon – and reinstate many of the privileges the Obama administration began enacting in 2016."

I just don't understand why the taxpayer should have to subsidize gender-transition. This could also hurt morale.

Military to Allow Transgender Troops to Serve Openly: Sources (msn.com)

(Full article at above link)

The Pentagon announced that transgender troops may serve openly in the military and receive medical benefits for gender transitions, following through on President Joe Biden's pledge from earlier this year.

The new policies will allow transgender people to enlist in the military and serve openly as their self-identified gender, and that they will have access to medical treatments for transition-related care authorized by law.  

The move delivers relief to what advocates considered unnecessary punitive measures from the Trump administration that they believe harms military readiness.

"President Biden believes that gender identity should not be a bar to military service, and that America's strength is found in its diversity," the White House said.

Wednesday marks International Transgender Day of Visibility, which Biden said in a White House proclamation "recognizes the generations of struggle, activism, and courage that have brought our country closer to full equality for transgender and gender non-binary people in the United States and around the world."

"Transgender Americans make our nation more prosperous, vibrant, and strong. I urge my fellow Americans to join us in uplifting the worth and dignity of every transgender person," Biden said in the proclamation.

1 hour ago, Imgreatagain said:

If they want to fight and protect - have at it. 

I agree, but why must we foot the bill for their transition? 

1 hour ago, Imgreatagain said:

If they want to fight and protect - have at it. 

Have you ever been in the service ?

I'm guessing you don't know what it is like.

2 hours ago, Imgreatagain said:

I tried. But, no 

Try imagining this...your in a foxhole or fighting position; do you really want to share it with a man wearing a dress with makeup on ?

The military is not a social experiment...it is a killing machine that all parts have to move all together.

You know how many troops this will drive out of the service ?

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Old Mack said:

Try imagining this...your in a foxhole or fighting position; do you really want to share it with a man wearing a dress with makeup on ?

The military is not a social experiment...it is a killing machine that all parts have move all together.

You know how many troops this will drive out of the service ?

Mirabeau suspects incidents of fragging will rise dramatically.

1 minute ago, Mirabeau said:

Mirabeau suspects incidents of fragging will rise dramatically.

I had a SGT that was so gay other homo's made fun of him.

One time he gave me a hard time and I laughed in his face.

He said I don't see anything funny here and I said I do.

4 hours ago, drvoke said:

"Biden first announced in January his intention to overturn the ban Trump imposed in 2017 – without prior notice to or consultation with the Pentagon – and reinstate many of the privileges the Obama administration began enacting in 2016."

I just don't understand why the taxpayer should have to subsidize gender-transition. This could also hurt morale.

The Pentagon announced that transgender troops may serve openly in the military and receive medical benefits for gender transitions, following through on President Joe Biden's pledge from earlier this year.

The new policies will allow transgender people to enlist in the military and serve openly as their self-identified gender, and that they will have access to medical treatments for transition-related care authorized by law.  

The move delivers relief to what advocates considered unnecessary punitive measures from the Trump administration that they believe harms military readiness.

"President Biden believes that gender identity should not be a bar to military service, and that America's strength is found in its diversity," the White House said.

Wednesday marks International Transgender Day of Visibility, which Biden said in a White House proclamation "recognizes the generations of struggle, activism, and courage that have brought our country closer to full equality for transgender and gender non-binary people in the United States and around the world."

"Transgender Americans make our nation more prosperous, vibrant, and strong. I urge my fellow Americans to join us in uplifting the worth and dignity of every transgender person," Biden said in the proclamation.

other than stirring up controversy, I don't see why transexuals want to join the army- boys who want to girls and also want to be soldiers does not make sense.

and yes all the surgeries etc will be very expensive.

18 minutes ago, jerra- said:

other than stirring up controversy, I don't see why transexuals want to join the army- boys who want to girls and also want to be soldiers does not make sense.

and yes all the surgeries etc will be very expensive.

the same reason someone would drive 1200 miles for a gay wedding cake. 

5 hours ago, drvoke said:

Could hurt morale? Now every fruitcake will be joining up to get hundreds of thousands of free medical care to perpetuating delusions. 

Babylon Bee Logo

Instead Of Traditional Warfare, Chinese Military Will Now Be Trained To Shout Wrong Pronouns At American Troops
March 19th, 2021 - BabylonBee.com
article-8232-2.jpg
  • Haha 2