A Review of what our Founding Fathers Wanted

3 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

Communist Democrats led by corrupt people like Biden and Harris blatantly ignore their sworn oath to uphold the Constitution.  Here's a reminder to them and to some of you as to exactly the intent of the Second Amendment by our Founding Fathers. 

“I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
—George Mason, Address to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 4, 1788

“Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops.”
—Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, October 10, 1787

“The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country.”
—James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434, June 8, 1789

“A militia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves … and include, according to the past and general usuage of the states, all men capable of bearing arms.”
—Richard Henry Lee, Federal Farmer No. 18, January 25, 1788

“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined. ... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun.”
—Patrick Henry, Speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 5, 1788

“The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
—Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788

“As civil rulers, not having their duty to the people before them, may attempt to tyrannize, and as the military forces which must be occasionally raised to defend our country, might pervert their power to the injury of their fellow citizens, the people are confirmed by the article in their right to keep and bear their private arms.”
—Tench Coxe, Philadelphia Federal Gazette, June 18, 1789

You're going to upset the children.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

Glad you finally admit you're a child.

Us adults have known it for a long time.

This is pretty silly too!  HAHAHA! 

32 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

What is silly about this? 

Firstly, the opening phrase "Communist Democrats".  Immediately THAT proclaims you are not well read or educated.

Second, you don't really know anything about the Constitution so have no basis for judging me.

Thirdly, what is NOT silly about your post?   You think cherry picking quotes demonstrates anything of value?

Why did the Founders have gun control laws of their own if they didn't mean for the public to be protected from them?

1 minute ago, Scout said:

Firstly, the opening phrase "Communist Democrats".  Immediately THAT proclaims you are not well read or educated.

Second, you don't really know anything about the Constitution so have no basis for judging me.

Thirdly, what is NOT silly about your post?   You think cherry picking quotes demonstrates anything of value?

Why did the Founders have gun control laws of their own if they didn't mean for the public to be protected from them?

Pulling their quotes is valid. 
dems are communist 

take your well traveled ass to another thread. You’re out of your league here 

you comment the most about firearms. Yet know nothing about them. 
ban them to hell. That’s your motto 

6 minutes ago, Scout said:

Thomas Jefferson and James Madison Didn’t Want Guns on Their College Campus (thetrace.org)

Thomas Jefferson and James Madison Didn’t Want Guns on Their College Campus

This 1824 document banned firearms for the future students of the University of Virginia.

Ok. No guns at schools 

what’s your point? 

1 minute ago, Imgreatagain said:

I vote for duels to make a comeback. 

That is truly stupid.

People can hold duels now. If it an offense so serious it is a life or death matter, why fear the fuzz?

Duels were over "honor". One asshole calls another a name, and somehow a duel is going to turn the public view of one asshole to be one of honor again?

It is lame, it was lame three centuries ago.

Just now, XavierOnassis said:

That is truly stupid.

People can hold duels now. If it an offense so serious it is a life or death matter, why fear the fuzz?

Duels were over "honor". One asshole calls another a name, and somehow a duel is going to turn the public view of one asshole to be one of honor again?

It is lame, it was lame three centuries ago.

I was joking. It would be a more efficient way of solving things. 
public hangings too. 

Slaves. Over half of them wanted slaves,

They wanted extra power in Congress for slaveholders.

They wanted each slave to count as 3/5ths of a free person in determining the number of Representatives.

The economy of all Southern states was dominated by slave plantation owners.

When Andrew Jackson was elected president in 1829, they wanted to have MORE slave plantations, and supported Jackson driving the Creeks, Cherokees, Choctaws, Seminoles and Chickasaws off their farms and all the way to Oklahoma. Then Jackson sold their land, much of it cleared for farming by the members if the Five civilized Tribes, for $1.25 an acre.

In those days,  $9 plus food and a place to sleep were an adult man's wages.

20 minutes ago, Scout said:

Thomas Jefferson and James Madison Didn’t Want Guns on Their College Campus (thetrace.org)

Thomas Jefferson and James Madison Didn’t Want Guns on Their College Campus

This 1824 document banned firearms for the future students of the University of Virginia.

Virginia Tech, 2007.

32 people shot to death by Seung-Hui Cho.

Picture this--

All coaches and counselors, voluntarily, go through an "Armed Security Guard" training course.

They are then licensed Security Guards in addition to their other jobs.  If we can guard our money

at the banks w/ guards, why not our children on campus ?      They then keep their Glock-19's in

a 'finger-print' safe.       Only their finger-prints could open that safe. 

Could you live w/ that ?

3 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Virginia Tech, 2007.

Picture this--

All coaches and counselors, voluntarily, go through an "Armed Security Guard" training course.

They are then licensed Security Guards in addition to their other jobs.  If we can guard our money

at the banks w/ guards, why not our children on campus ?      They then keep their Glock-19's in

Could you live w/ that ?

I will take it a step farther.

Bring our soldiers back from overseas providing support to countries who dont want us there, and station a trained soldier at every school in this country.

If you have a century patrolling the campus, it will make little goth boy who wants to be famous, Muslim idiot who wants his 1000 virgins, or any other whacked out freak think twice before thinking a school is an easy target. One well trained soldier with an AR can do a lot of damage.

3 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Virginia Tech, 2007.

Picture this--

Could you live w/ that ?

I do not think all coaches actually want to be police. I doubt that most counselors want to be armed and dangerous.

At my university, they had a couple of armed security guards on campus.

In 32 years, there were 4 shootings, one of them fatal, and in all cases, the security guard was too far from the scene to do anything.

Bank robbers assault banks because they want money.

Few criminals in this country want to kidnap students.

My university was far too cheap to train people for this.They certainly would not pay more to the coach and/or counselor for packing heat.

A gun in a safe keeps no one safe.

29 minutes ago, whiteboy said:

I will take it a step farther.

Bring our soldiers back from overseas providing support to countries who dont want us there, and station a trained soldier at every school in this country.

If you have a century patrolling the campus, it will make little goth boy who wants to be famous, Muslim idiot who wants his 1000 virgins, or any other whacked out freak think twice before thinking a school is an easy target. One well trained soldier with an AR can do a lot of damage.

+100.

Yes, Sir !!

I have heard of this concept before.

During the Parkland school shooting down in Miami.

I am 1000% behind this program !!

36 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

I do not think all coaches actually want to be police. I doubt that most counselors want to be armed and dangerous.

At my university, they had a couple of armed security guards on campus.

In 32 years, there were 4 shootings, one of them fatal, and in all cases, the security guard was too far from the scene to do anything.

Bank robbers assault banks because they want money.

Few criminals in this country want to kidnap students.

My university was far too cheap to train people for this.They certainly would not pay more to the coach and/or counselor for packing heat.

A gun in a safe keeps no one safe.

1.   'Voluntary' was the key word.

2.  'Finger-print' was the key word.

Texas will put the firearms on their campuses.

The others can go naked if they choose.

Libertarian choice.                                                                                        🥃