Just Jimmies: Ice Cream Flavor Name Changed Due to ‘Racism’ Accusations

Where is it going to end ? All my life I have been a racist and didn't even know it.

A New England ice cream producer has changed the name of one of its most popular flavors after some claimed that its name, “Just Jimmies,” has a racist origin.  The name is not racist nor is there any proof that the name has any times to racism, but the ice cream company is apparently terrified of being “canceled,” according to Fox Business.

Lynne Bohan, a spokesperson for HP Hood, the parent company of Brigham’s Ice Cream, explained the decision to the Lynnfield Patch, saying:

“While the origins of the word ‘jimmies’ is unclear, Brigham’s made the decision to change the name to ensure the brand reflects our values and meets our consumers’ expectations. ‘Just Sprinkles’ remains the same flavor/recipe that Brigham’s fans know and love.”

Now, here’s the bizarre part:  Even left-wing Snopes, a fact-checking website, says “No valid reason exists to suppose that ‘jimmies’ carries a racist meaning or had a racially-charged origin. However, it’s difficult to definitively disprove the claim because the term’s entry into the English language is downright murky.”

https://trendingpolitics.com/liberal-lunacy-ice-cream-flavor-name-changed-due-to-racism-accusations/?utm_source=economics

Sprinkles Hate Club (@sprinkleshate) | Twitter

Just Jimmies is not a name that would inspire me to try an ice cream flavor.

I don't see how this name could be racist.

I can see why changing it to something more related to the taste of this flavor, though/

5 hours ago, king of the county said:

For no reason?  Odd 

It's safe to say without fear of contradiction ultraliberals are delusional, detached and in denial.

4 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

I don't see how this name could be racist.

Maybe you're not as far gone as I thought.

1 minute ago, Imgreatagain said:

Those are gross. But WTF are you supposed to call them now? Sprinkles ? That sounds gay too 

Sprinkles suggest that perhaps a toddler tinkled in it.

Perhaps gay people like sprinkles in their ice cream. But I think Sprinkles is a poor name.

I would suggest calling it 'Sweet Confetti Vanilla"

Just now, XavierOnassis said:

Sprinkles suggest that perhaps a toddler tinkled in it.

Perhaps gay people like sprinkles in their ice cream. But I think Sprinkles is a poor name.

I would suggest calling it 'Sweet Confetti Vanilla"

I’ve never called them jimmies . I don’t eat them. They are messy and taste terrible . 
I don’t give a fuck what they call them 

4 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

I’ve never called them jimmies . I don’t eat them. They are messy and taste terrible . 
I don’t give a fuck what they call them 

They are just colored sugar and certainly not going to add much to the flavor.

I have never heard them called "Jimmies". I don't like them much, either.

2 hours ago, Imgreatagain said:

I think this is purely a media stunt . Carry on 

I just read it the other day but is ultraliberal rehash...I did a search and this has been going on for a while now.

ultraliberals are not happy unless they are obsessing about something....anything; anything will do. 

CNN:  Trump gets 2 scoops of ice cream, everyone else gets 1

https://www.cnn.com/2017/05/11/politics/trump-time-magazine-ice-cream/index.html

3 hours ago, Old Mack said:

It's safe to say without fear of contradiction ultraliberals are delusional, detached and in denial.

Maybe you're not as far gone as I thought.

That’s all?   I think they know exactly what they’re doing