Texas got off the nation’s electrical grid

1 hour ago, Pastafarian said:

Class action lawsuits forthcoming?

For what? 
Class action lawsuits are bullshit...lawyers make hundreds of millions while the individual gets anywhere from a few cents to a few dollars...fkg jk...

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bcuz of regulations.    lol, Texans are morons. 

I love watching these monkeys propagate their MSM deflections.    So easy to manipulate!!!!! 

well  they can't admit to the obvious

On 2/23/2021 at 7:41 AM, Pastafarian said:

Carbon as a greenhouse gas is spot on though. 

Has been for a hundred and fifty years. 

Carbon is not a gas.

and greenhouse gases have existed for quite a bit longer than 150 years. 

On 2/23/2021 at 7:42 AM, superds77 said:

You don't know much about electricity do you?

He doesn’t have a working knowledge of chemistry or physics 

• IDIOT! 1
16 hours ago, Pastafarian said:
18 hours ago, superds77 said:

The point is, and continues to be, we do not have actual recorded data from much past 150-200 years ago.

If we divide 200/5000000000 (commonly believed age of the earth) we get .00000004 which equals .000004%. A tiny slice of data from which to extrapolate trends.

Add to that, the METHODS of obtaining and documenting data in the past were quite different than now (thermometer/pencil/paper vs. satellites/high tech sensors/computers). Do you think the rate of error (tolerance) is the same?

Expand  

Silly rabbit, ice cores and deep ocean dives produce readings a lot longer than 200 years. 

You idiots say you know a lot but you don’t know shit. 

OK, let's go with that.

Proxy data such as ice cores does indeed go back much longer than 200 years, I agree. Some say as much as 300,000 years.

For discussion sake, I will stipulate that proxy data can go back 300,000 years. That is still 300,000/5,000,000,000 = .0006 which equates to .006%.

That percentage (.006%) is still EXTREMELY small data set with which to extrapolate what is supposedly "normal". Can we agree on this?

20 hours ago, superds77 said:

LOL! "Regulations" huh?

Like what, dare I ask?

The only regulations that Texas has avoided by not being on one of the national grids are interstate wholesale prices and interstate transmission systems.   They still follow all of the environmental regulations as everyone else.   Anything beyond that like winterization are only recommendations, not mandates.   Yes, being on one of the national grids would have saved a lot of headaches because they would have had backup power, but their own plants still would have gone down.   

• Thumb up 1
18 hours ago, superds77 said:

OK, let's go with that.

Proxy data such as ice cores does indeed go back much longer than 200 years, I agree. Some say as much as 300,000 years.

For discussion sake, I will stipulate that proxy data can go back 300,000 years. That is still 300,000/5,000,000,000 = .0006 which equates to .006%.

That percentage (.006%) is still EXTREMELY small data set with which to extrapolate what is supposedly "normal". Can we agree on this?

Wrong again. 

“When scientists focus on climate from before the past 100-150 years, they use records from physical, chemical and biological materials preserved within the geologic record. Organisms (such as diatoms, forams and coral) can serve as useful climate proxies. Other proxies include ice cores, tree rings, and sediment cores. Chemical proxy records include isotope ratios, elemental analyses, biomarkers and biogenic silica. Taken together, these proxies extend our knowledge of past climate back hundreds of millions of years into the past.”

https://climate.nasa.gov/faq/34/what-kinds-of-data-do-scientists-use-to-study-climate/

20 hours ago, EltonJohnson said:

Carbon is not a gas.

and greenhouse gases have existed for quite a bit longer than 150 years. 

He doesn’t have a working knowledge of chemistry or physics 

Co2 is a gas. 

20 hours ago, ROG62 said:

For what? 
Class action lawsuits are bullshit...lawyers make hundreds of millions while the individual gets anywhere from a few cents to a few dollars...fkg jk...

Do you own stock in Texas’ energy sector?

I bet you do. 

21 hours ago, Str8tEdge said:

Cuomo murdered tens of thousands. 

Texas was a historical natural disaster you dumb fuck. 

Ya and Texas didn’t plan for it. 

Like I said before. You can plan for a natural disaster a lot more than you can plan for a novel virus. 

Just now, Pastafarian said:

Ya and Texas didn’t plan for it. 

Like I said before. You can plan for a natural disaster a lot more than you can plan for a novel virus. 

Didn’t plan for a historic natural disaster? 😆 Wow.... This is so much more important than a governor who negligently and intentionally sent tens of thousands  of elderly to their deaths and spread the virus across the entire country as healthcare workers and family members became infected.  No wonder NY was the worlds hotspot for covid..... 

Now we find out he’s a sexual predator too???

Yes. A historical natural disaster is a way bigger story than Cuomo. 

My power was out in Illinois for over a week in the middle of summer due to a freak thunderstorm that affected the entire St. Louis metro area. Did you hear about it, dumb fuck? 

How about the week long power outages every fucking year due to ice storms????

Jesus fucking Christ you simple brains are so easy to manipulate by your media. 

21 minutes ago, Str8tEdge said:

Didn’t plan for a historic natural disaster? 😆 Wow.... This is so much more important than a governor who negligently and intentionally sent tens of thousands  of elderly to their deaths and spread the virus across the entire country as healthcare workers and family members became infected.  No wonder NY was the worlds hotspot for covid..... 

Yes. A historical natural disaster is a way bigger story than Cuomo. 

My power was out in Illinois for over a week in the middle of summer due to a freak thunderstorm that affected the entire St. Louis metro area. Did you hear about it, dumb fuck? 

How about the week long power outages every fucking year due to ice storms????

Jesus fucking Christ you simple brains are so easy to manipulate by your media. 

It’s not a bigger story but What happened in Texas could have been easily avoided. 

Your the one that still believes the election was stolen. 

6 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

Youre dumb.  It was, because you can’t provide any proof it wasn’t stolen.   The entire world knows what happened,  but you are as stupid as ever.  

• Thumb up 1
32 minutes ago, Str8tEdge said:

One of the least surprising revelations in history.     I would have been more  surprised to find out he was a nice guy.   

58 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

When scientists focus on climate from before the past 100-150 years, they use records from physical, chemical and biological materials preserved within the geologic record

While I understand fully what they are doing, in no way shape or form do these techniques do any more than estimate what the temp was compared to a direct reading from a thermometer.

also, we are dealing with with fluctuations of tenths of a degree in the last 100 years , and you want to destroy economies over bullshit thst you don’t  even comprehend  with estimates vs actual measurements 

you can’t  even tell the forum what the temp is supposed to be.

So...

What is the temp supposed to be?

1 hour ago, Pastafarian said:

It’s not a bigger story but What happened in Texas could have been easily avoided. 

Ya? So could power outages across the country during ice storms, but the ONLY reason this is a “big deal” is because your media is desperately trying to bury the Cuomo story. 

• Thumb up 1
2 hours ago, EltonJohnson said:

While I understand fully what they are doing, in no way shape or form do these techniques do any more than estimate what the temp was compared to a direct reading from a thermometer.

also, we are dealing with with fluctuations of tenths of a degree in the last 100 years , and you want to destroy economies over bullshit thst you don’t  even comprehend  with estimates vs actual measurements 

you can’t  even tell the forum what the temp is supposed to be.

So...

What is the temp supposed to be?

You say we don’t comprehend but you’re wrong again. You’re projecting your ignorance onto people who make this their life’s work. 

Saving the oceans is far more important than economic success. 

Without one there is no other. 

2 hours ago, EltonJohnson said:

Youre dumb.  It was, because you can’t provide any proof it wasn’t stolen.   The entire world knows what happened,  but you are as stupid as ever.  

Lol. 

Ypu can’t provide proof it was. 

9 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

I forgot to add dioxide. 

You’re just playing dumb. 

Forgot?   Hell no

10 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

You’re projecting your ignorance onto people who make this their life’s work. 

Wrong, their  life's work is staying employed.

11 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

Saving the oceans is far more important than economic success. 

you don't even  have a clue about the  oceans,  they are fine.

2 hours ago, Pastafarian said:

Cuomo could have been avoided.   His horrific actions were covered up by Democrats and the press  so he could attack Trump with lies.  

@Str8tEdge

• Thumb up 1
1 hour ago, EltonJohnson said:

yeah   just bury  every  line across the  country,  that would be simple for  everyone 

But in areas that don’t typically get ice storms it wouldn’t be cost effective. 

No one plans on exceptions. 

• Thumb up 1
51 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

Cuomo could have been avoided.   His horrific actions were covered up by Democrats and the press  so he could attack Trump with lies.  

@Str8tEdge

Yep. Now we find out the guy is a sexual predator and all around creep. Ah least it’s not children he preys on. Just abuses his power to exploit women.