Texas weather MUST be Climate Change right? 1929 they had 26 inches of snow in 24 hours....What caused that?

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I blame Trump

yep! REALITY! ALL REMAINING IMPACTED AREAS ARE DOWN BECAUSE ICE MADE THE POWER LINES BREAK!   CALVIN YOU PATHETIC LYING SACK OF SHIT TROLL! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO SAY    "well they

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Toldya said:

I didn't say it was possible right now, dumbass.

I didn't even say that it WOULD be possible someday.

LOL...   you  brought it up.    why?  

Not only  that, you think removing CO2, a gas   necessary for life,  should be  removed.   How does  air work?

32 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/videos/category/science/what-really-killed-off-the-woolly-mammoth/

Their vegetation died out bcuz of warmer temps. 

Your study makes the claim that North American woolly mammoths died in that cold snap and you yourself said that there were millions of woolly mammoths on the Siberian plains. 

26 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

Their vegetation died out bcuz of warmer temps. 

Your study makes the claim that North American woolly mammoths died in that cold snap and you yourself said that there were millions of woolly mammoths on the Siberian plains. 

my article is  6 days old.

yours is  2004 level research, at the  height   Algore

• MORON! 1
On 2/20/2021 at 12:34 PM, Z09 said:

Texas weather MUST be Climate Change right?....What caused that?

The recent unusual cold temperatures afflicting Texas were indeed caused by human caused global warming and its consequent climate changes. In this case, by the unnatural warming of the Arctic which caused the Polar Vortex to split and push frigid Arctic air down into North America.

The scientific basis for this was explained in post #6 on this thread. And ignored by the braindead science deniers who have filled this thread with so much utter bullshit.

Once again for the retards.              

Attribution of current severe weather events, like the Arctic air incursion into Texas and several other states, as being largely caused by the effects of AGW, is based on scientific study and knowledge of what is happening NOW in the atmosphere all around the planet. Scientists can predict when these extreme cold events will likely happen soon.

A sudden stratospheric warming event has pushed the polar vortex off the North Pole, sending Arctic air on the move.          

The Washington Post
Jan. 5, 2021 

A dramatic spike in temperatures is occurring at high altitudes above the North Pole, where the air is thin and typically frigid. Known as a sudden stratospheric warming event, experts say it’s likely to have potentially significant repercussions for winter weather across the Northern Hemisphere for weeks to possibly months. This unusually strong event may have profound influences on the weather in the United States and Europe, possibly increasing the potential for paralyzing snowstorms and punishing blasts of Arctic air. If the polar vortex is strong and stable, as it was last winter, that cold air will stay bottled up over the Arctic, and snow chances may be few and far between for regions such as the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. But when the polar vortex weakens and wobbles off the pole, pieces of it can split off and swirl southward, affecting the United States, Europe and Asia. And that’s exactly what’s begun to happen, due in large part to this stratospheric temperature spike.

• Thumb up 1
36 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

my article is  6 days old.

yours is  2004 level research, at the  height   Algore

And I stated what your article claims. That only the woolly mammoths of North America were frozen. 

You didn’t even read your own article and you totally ignore what you said about woolly mammoths on the Siberian plain. 

Stop lying. 

12 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

I stated what your article claims. That only the woolly mammoths of North America were frozen. 

You didn’t even read your own article and you totally ignore what you said about woolly mammoths on the Siberian plain. 

https://answersingenesis.org/extinct-animals/ice-age/frozen-mammoth-carcasses-in-siberia/

They were frozen too

16 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

19 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

Answers in Genesis is not a credible source. 

You are so full of shit, son. 

You bitched about me linking an article from 2004, it was 2014, and then you post this tripe from 2004. 

2 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

outliers are not representative of the data set. The problem is that we do not have a complete data set on this topic. 

Well considering  we only have accurate records  of maybe  150 years and the  Earth is 6,000 years old,  we are  far from  complete

7 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

Well considering  we only have accurate records  of maybe  150 years and the  Earth is 6,000 years old,  we are  far from  complete

First, we only have records for 150 years in some places and not all. Second, we only have air quality data back to the early 70's. I did an analysis on air quality data in grad school and even then it is spotty and does not cover all geographies in the US let alone the world. 

Dirty little secret but even if the data set was complete across all variables and geographies... would need a serious upgrade in computing ability. 

1 hour ago, EltonJohnson said:

Bull..   Those mammoths were frozen

http://www.ifiseeu.com/Chronology/mammoths-frozen.htm

You are so full of shit. 

First you say Siberia was teeming with woolly mammoths then you backtrack. 

Your first article claimed it was woolly mammoths in North America and Europe were affected not the mammoths on the Siberian plain. Your second article is from answersingenesis.com and they’re not credible cuz they believe in young earth creationism. 

37 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

Both things occurred.  ding dong

Again, you ignore everything else I wrote. 

The Siberian mammoths did not freeze and still had their vegetation. 

The last woolly mammoths survived until as recent as 4700 years ago. 

You are outmatched.