52 minutes ago, Michaelf said:

Healthcare provider used to work for what the local market would bear...country doctors earned far less than city doctors just like country tradesmen earn less than city tradesmen and just like houses are less expensive in some areas.

Doctors used to just except that some people had more than other and most of them charged accordingly. When I was a kid in the city of Chicago we didn't have any money. My father worked in a warehouse. We only had one car. Guess what. The doctor came to the house when one of us kids were sick. He must not have charged very much. Who can afford a house call now?

When my kids were young I was self employed and without insurance. Health insurance was common but not like today. When I got behind with our family doctor she suggested that I do some work on her house to cover what I owed.

Back then the bill for a week in the hospital was in reach of the average person. It was more than pocket money but you could pay it off  in a reasonable time. My wife had a hospital bill last year that was more than the IMF could pay. Medicare and insurance ended competition in healthcare.

Wait but they don't charge medicare or even an insurance company a fraction of what they would charge you. It's all bullshit and the books are cooked. You can't even find out what the real costs are.

We have to get the government out of it and force healthcare providers to follow the same rules that apply to the rest of us in our businesses.

Socialized healthcare only makes us all slaves of the government.

So the insurance companies need shaking up? From what I’ve seen of them, they are inefficient for one thing. As if one dept doesn’t know what the other one is doing.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

for doctors and nurses.   As soon as you say that a service is a "right", that means the provider of that service cannot refuse to serve you thereby making them a slave. If healthcare is an enshrined

Took long enough. 😁

well, sounds like the niggar thing to do, I agree    

On 2/20/2021 at 12:37 AM, XavierOnassis said:

People have a right to potable water. Are the people at your local water company required to work for free? Are they slaves?. What we need is a national health service that provides healthcare from tax revenues, as they do in Canada, the UK Western Europe Taiwan and Japan.

Not true. In Germany, for instance, one has to take out a health insurance. In the UK it’s funded by a mandatory deduction from one’s salary.

13 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

And you have the right to healthcare if you’re sick or not bcuz you are able to get sick at any time. 

What? This doesn’t make sense. 
Americans need to take personal responsibility for their health. I think it’s unfair to smoke 3 packs of Newport’s a day, eat garbage, drink colt 45 and smoke crack —- then expect the government to pick up the check for your lifestyle choices 

Just now, Imgreatagain said:

What? This doesn’t make sense. 
Americans need to take personal responsibility for their health. I think it’s unfair to smoke 3 packs of Newport’s a day, eat garbage, drink colt 45 and smoke crack —- then expect the government to pick up the check for your lifestyle choices 

I agree. 

Americans need to live healthier lifestyles. 

But you can still get sick or hurt  at any time. 

Are you referring to me?  Bcuz I live a healthy lifestyle. 

Just now, Imgreatagain said:

Also. No one talks about being healthy during covid. Diet. Exercise. Vitamins. These things are more preventative over mask wearing 

Agreed. 

Though mask wearing and social distancing does help reduce the risk of getting Covid. 

Just now, Pastafarian said:

Agreed. 

Though mask wearing and social distancing does help reduce the risk of getting Covid. 

I think my numbers are like 99.99 something (risk of dying from it) 

I’m more likely to die from SO many other things. I do not lose sleep over things that I can not control. 

9 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

I think my numbers are like 99.99 something (risk of dying from it) 

I’m more likely to die from SO many other things. I do not lose sleep over things that I can not control. 

Ok but you can still catch it and not get sick but infect another person and that person gets really sick. 

Just wear a mask for other people’s sake. 

1 minute ago, Pastafarian said:

Ok but you can still catch it not get silica but infect another person and that person gets really sick. 

Just wear a mask for other people’s sake. 

I forgot I had my mask and  I drove for 45 mins with it - alone in my car. 
the self loathing that followed was tremendous 

7 hours ago, Pastafarian said:

When you exercise your right to own a gun you have to pay for the gun. 

Yes, you're allowed here to modify your stupid comment into something halfway rational.

No, you're not allowed to escape being ridiculed for the stupid comment.

7 hours ago, Pastafarian said:

Oit ain’t hard, son. 

Oit? 🤔

4 hours ago, Famagusta said:

Not true. In Germany, for instance, one has to take out a health insurance. In the UK it’s funded by a mandatory deduction from one’s salary.

We should guarantee a healthy country by doing what the Germans, Brits and others do.

The health of the nation is the health of its people.

10 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

We should guarantee a healthy country by doing what the Germans, Brits and others do.

The policies you were responding to are ones where people are responsible for the costs of their own health insurance. We already do this.

2 hours ago, SixShooter said:

Yes, you're allowed here to modify your stupid comment into something halfway rational.

No, you're not allowed to escape being ridiculed for the stupid comment.

Oit? 🤔

It was my point all along. 

It. You never seen a typo before?

8 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

It was my point all along.

So just lousy sentence structure on your part?

You never seen a typo before?

Only yours

No. Read Str8’s comment. 

I read every comment, but I was talking about yours to me. You invented a straw man position for me to deflect attention away from my accurate critique of your statement.

49 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

I read every comment, but I was talking about yours to me. You invented a straw man position for me to deflect attention away from my accurate critique of your statement.

No, dumbass, I asked you a question. 

You don’t like the question so you deflect with your straw man bullshit.