Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, slideman said:
 

you apparently don't know anyone who has had to go bankrupt because of their medical costs

 

Of course I do but I also know how things got so out of control...the government started fucking with it.

 

In any case, enslaving others isn't the answer. 

  • Thumb up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

for doctors and nurses.   As soon as you say that a service is a "right", that means the provider of that service cannot refuse to serve you thereby making them a slave. If healthcare is an enshrined

Took long enough. 😁

well, sounds like the niggar thing to do, I agree    

1 minute ago, Michaelf said:

Of course I do but I also know how things got so out of control...the government started fucking with it.

 

In any case, enslaving others isn't the answer. 

Employer based health insurance is why things got out of control, thanks to the fascist policies of the 1940s. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Michaelf said:

Once we start paying for their healthcare we can start controlling their health...just protecting our own investment. We'll tell them what to eat, drink when and how to exercise. we'll make certain that they live in what we think is the absolute healthiest way. A slice of cake or a soft drink (god forbid a good Saturday night binge) will be tantamount to treason against the people and punished accordingly.

 

...and then "shut off" once we cross below the government-mandated cost-benefit threshold

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Str8tEdge said:

Amazingly, people paying for their own [healthcare] are way healthier than those who don’t......

 

You can swap out "healthcare" with anything of value

Link to post
Share on other sites

The worst thing about health  care in this country is that the patient must sign what is a blank check to the hospital to receive treatment.  "Pay us whatever we ask for, regardless of the price that we give you."

 

Hospitals refuse to give a even an estimate of what charges will be, even for routine surgeries. But somehow they know enough to set prices with insurance companies for such thing.

 

Most people in this country cannot name their own salaries: they have to settle for what the boss is willing to pay. Only people with collectively bargained contracts have some say in what they are paid.  This is not slavery, and neither is the way doctors are paid here or in companies with universal healthcare guaranteed by the government.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, slideman said:
 

you apparently don't know anyone who has had to go bankrupt because of their medical costs

 

No, since there’s an out of pocket maximum with insurance, or you have Medicaid or you’re self pay which hospitals can’t use against you or bankrupt you. 
 

Now do people take advantage of bankruptcy to get out of paying their bills? Yes. Sometimes the credit hit is worth it assuming you’re a deadbeat and can live with shirking your obligations. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SixShooter said:

 

You can swap out "healthcare" with anything of value

Of course. Just drive by any public housing.... Entitlement monkeys never care for what’s forcefully taken from others and handed to them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Str8tEdge said:

No. That’s false. The right exists whether you own a gun or not, idiot. 
 

Do you have to also get arrested for your right against illegal search and seizure? 😆

Do you understand what exercising the right to have a gun?  
 

You got to pay to exercise that right, dumb fuck. 
 

No one just hands you a gun cuz it’s your right. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

Do you understand what exercising the right to have a gun?  
 

You got to pay to exercise that right, dumb fuck. 
 

No one just hands you a gun cuz it’s your right. 

God damn you’re fucking stupid. What if someone gives you a gun, retard? A family member say? 
 

Regardless of whether you have a gun or not you still have the right you dumb fucking inbred. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

The worst thing about health  care in this country is that the patient must sign what is a blank check to the hospital to receive treatment.  "Pay us whatever we ask for, regardless of the price that we give you."

 

Hospitals refuse to give a even an estimate of what charges will be, even for routine surgeries. But somehow they know enough to set prices with insurance companies for such thing.

 

Most people in this country cannot name their own salaries: they have to settle for what the boss is willing to pay. Only people with collectively bargained contracts have some say in what they are paid.  This is not slavery, and neither is the way doctors are paid here or in companies with universal healthcare guaranteed by the government.

If the government gave a fuck about us they wouldn't provide the healthcare industry with such power. But...who owns most of the hospitals?  It's the government.

 

Once we fully fund health care with taxes they really have a blank check. We need to get the government out of it! Still it all sounds pretty good to people who are happier being pets of the government than free people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Famagusta said:

Just one thing; how do poor and penniless people pay for healthcare? Should they  need it

Healthcare provider used to work for what the local market would bear...country doctors earned far less than city doctors just like country tradesmen earn less than city tradesmen and just like houses are less expensive in some areas.

 

Doctors used to just except that some people had more than other and most of them charged accordingly. When I was a kid in the city of Chicago we didn't have any money. My father worked in a warehouse. We only had one car. Guess what. The doctor came to the house when one of us kids were sick. He must not have charged very much. Who can afford a house call now?

 

When my kids were young I was self employed and without insurance. Health insurance was common but not like today. When I got behind with our family doctor she suggested that I do some work on her house to cover what I owed.

 

Back then the bill for a week in the hospital was in reach of the average person. It was more than pocket money but you could pay it off  in a reasonable time. My wife had a hospital bill last year that was more than the IMF could pay. Medicare and insurance ended competition in healthcare.

 

Wait but they don't charge medicare or even an insurance company a fraction of what they would charge you. It's all bullshit and the books are cooked. You can't even find out what the real costs are.

 

We have to get the government out of it and force healthcare providers to follow the same rules that apply to the rest of us in our businesses.

 

Socialized healthcare only makes us all slaves of the government.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Str8tEdge said:

Of course. Just drive by any public housing.... Entitlement monkeys never care for what’s forcefully taken from others and handed to them. 

The old saying "something given has no value."

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Str8tEdge said:

God damn you’re fucking stupid. What if someone gives you a gun, retard? A family member say? 
 

Regardless of whether you have a gun or not you still have the right you dumb fucking inbred. 
 

 

That family member paid for the gun. 
 

Exercising your right to own a gun comes with a price tag. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, slideman said:

In addition emergency rooms are required to provide treatment.

This is a crazy system

 

The people who are going to the emergency room often could be helped with preventive or palliative care that would obviate the worst of their condition.

We are spending more money than any other nation on Earth for worse outcomes

No they aren't.

 

Emergency rooms are only required to pride enough care to stabilize life threatening emergencies. They are not required to treat a cold or the flew. Heck I knew a girl who was taken to an emergency room with a badly broken leg. They checked for bleeding, applied a splint and and told dad to call his family doc.

 

I've been to the emergency room and they always gave me a bill that I had to pay.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

That family member paid for the gun. 
 

Exercising your right to own a gun comes with a price tag. 
 

 

You still have the right whether you own a gun or not, dumb fuck. 
 

God damn you are retarded lol...

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, crazyhole said:

Employer based health insurance is why things got out of control, thanks to the fascist policies of the 1940s. 

Yes, wage freezes and tax incentives are what got employers offering us stupid "benefits" instead of cash money. It wasn't just in the 40's. They did it in the 50's and again in the 70's. The whole thing as snowballed and gotten worse since. 

  • Thumb up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...