Coolest Motorcycle Vs. Gayest Motorcycle

1 hour ago, EltonJohnson said:

Awesome... off road is hard

2 hours ago, Skans said:

EJ, do you think you will look "cute and cool" riding on the back of Imgreatagain's pink Vespa?  LOL - I'd love to see that pic!  :D

That’s not what I meant. He mentioned he had a Vespa . I said I would want one . That is all 

Just now, EltonJohnson said:

Awesome... off road is hard

I grew up in an off-road environment.

With the off-road bike I myself assembled with the most crazy scraps/spares, I participated in my earliest competitions, as a 14 yo.

Never won even once with it.

But mud slopes with a gradient of 3/4  were no problem .

Difficult  .  .  .  but with a bit of skills  .  .  .  not unsurmountable.

Later on with my KTMs  they were a joke, of course.

On 2/15/2021 at 4:05 PM, Wallco1 said:

New bikes are great, But and old Bulltaco Pursang or Husqvarna or Honda Elsinore were all really cool. 

You got that right....My Pursang ruled until that damn Elsinore came out....I ate YZs like peanuts but that Honda was a witch so I switched to flat-track and my Astro ruled once again.  Bultaco was an amazing company and FX Bulto a true genius. 

Bultaco-Pursang-Mk10-Right-Side.jpg?fit=

• Like 1

Just now, FableNews said:

Here's another bike I liked to run Scrambles with.....this sucker could trench a 40' ditch in wet dirt....too heavy to compete with 2 strokes but nothing sounds like a Ducati Desmo....

DUCKCIP.jpg

Love the color ! 

• Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

Love the color ! 

Here's the street version of their RT450 called the "Jupiter".....if you didn't work the compression-release right, it might break your leg and mine wouldn't start in wet weather....but when it ran it ran like a raped ape.  😆

20190919123538-1576177982568@2x.jpg?1579

6 hours ago, FableNews said:

You got that right....My Pursang ruled until that damn Elsinore came out....I ate YZs like peanuts but that Honda was a witch so I switched to flat-track and my Astro ruled once again.  Bultaco was an amazing company and FX Bulto a true genius. 

Bultaco-Pursang-Mk10-Right-Side.jpg?fit=

Still got yer Astro?

On 2/18/2021 at 12:11 PM, EltonJohnson said:

Some of my  bikes I   I have...   these are  not the actual bikes,

maxresdefault.jpg

I bet that bike performs great in the twisties on mountain roads!  A friend let me rid his super motard  (some kind of 500 motocross bike with street wheels and tires, to ride in the mountains.  We took turns swapping between that bike and a street Ducati  he had.  The super motard was a bit more maneuverable in the twisties.

On 2/18/2021 at 12:35 PM, JinnMartini said:

I've never ever owned any bike that wasn't an off-road.

Other types, I've rented a lot.

I've never owned an off-road bike.  Only street bikes.

On 2/18/2021 at 11:38 PM, fishhead said:

three years later honda's CB 750 spelled doom for the triumphs.

The CB's were good solid bikes - I owned a 550F for a time.   I actually like Triumphs, and Triumph now makes some amazing bikes, particularly the new Rocket III.

On 2/18/2021 at 9:40 PM, fishhead said:

Still got yer Astro?

Nah, that was 50 years ago.  I did keep a spooled front rim (no brake, never rolled) until the late 90's.  I sold it to an engine-restore guy I used when I got the bug to find every derelict Bul in Phoenix.  I got lost in it and restored 13 or 14 of them....everything from Matadors to Fronteras.  Never found a Metralla (street bike) I could afford to revive.  If you have or can find an Astro from that era you're looking at some good money from a collector.

Meanwhile back in the pits......here's what the Japs ran us out of with their trued-cases and electronics that actually worked.  Here's one of the worst bikes ever built by the Brits but a thing of beauty to us old goats...I had a 441 with no muffler....sounded like the end of the world:

7cad44c7be77f97ac6f2459b385f2019.jpg

14 hours ago, FableNews said:

Meanwhile back in the pits......here's what the Japs ran us out of with their trued-cases and electronics that actually worked.  Here's one of the worst bikes ever built by the Brits but a thing of beauty to us old goats...I had a 441 with no muffler....sounded like the end of the world:

7cad44c7be77f97ac6f2459b385f2019.jpg

Now, if you could just cram a 2.5L 3-cylinder in that frame, it would look like a Trimph:

2020-Triumph-Rocket-3-GT-touring-cruiser

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, EltonJohnson said:

It do.   Plus the long travel suspension is blissful. 

I'm strictly a road-bike guy.  However, after riding a Yamaha V-Max for 10+ years, I have to admit that the super-motard my friend let me ride in the mountains was like a dream floating on air.  It cornered effortlessly without slowing down. 

35 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

I had first  Gen Rocket 3  with "only"  2.3 liters 

I love the 1st gen Rocket 3 and came very close to buying one.  I bought a Honda Rune instead.  But, this new Rocket III (less the stupid faring) looks wicked fast.

On 2/22/2021 at 6:39 AM, Skans said:

The CB's were good solid bikes - I owned a 550F for a time.   I actually like Triumphs, and Triumph now makes some amazing bikes, particularly the new Rocket III.

Triumph is my deal, got a garage full.

On 2/15/2021 at 2:27 PM, Skans said:

My picks:

Coolest Motorcycle:

2006 Harley VRXSE

cm0814-194129_1.jpg?1408029330000

Gayest Motorcycle

I can't even tell what that is.....either on top of the bike.....or the bike!

london-uk-25-june-2016-members-of-the-ga

The old man had one of these when I was growing up ... it was old school cool

6000000002.jpg

I prefer this

P1690395.jpg