The events of recent days have exposed that the divide between Americans is deep, and growing deeper by the day.  This isn't about simple political dogma or partisan loyalties; I'm an independent who walked away from a Democratic Party that no longer represents me.  The events of January 6th have made me thoughtful, and I consider the path this nation is on.

This will offend many, but I believe this country is crumbling.  Every ideal that this nation was founded on has been corrupted and is being dismantled day by day.  Americans are at each other's throats at a level unseen in this country since the dark days before the Civil War... and the raw, visceral hatreds that are being exposed are only deepening.  In the end, I don't see those hatreds ending without something catastrophic forcing people to draw back in horror.  The "America" of the future is probably inevitably going to be the (possibly violent) creation of a number of smaller Balkanized states.  Our "superpower" status will, in the long run, end.  And I fear open conflict and violence, whether it is from civil war or an attack by an outside enemy (or both) is inevitable.

I was having a discussion with a group of friends of mine; all military and law enforcement veterans, many independents and a smattering of one or two Democrats and Republicans who have become disillusioned with their parties' corruption of the Republic, and we talked about our concerns of the future.  We are there for each other and our families, but we realize the country we swore our oaths to doesn't exist anymore.  The Constitution does exist, but the government doesn't follow it.  We talked about our responses and courses of action throughout the night, and the next day a buddy of mine emailed us all the following.  I share it as I realize that coming to this forum doesn't serve me well.  This place is a simmering stew of hate and what comes next is not served by my wasting time talking at people who are so completely different in their viewpoints and culture from me that they might as well be a completely different species.  The hatred they express for my simple existence raises my hackles, and my contempt for them is no less intense... but what's the point of wallowing in such a poisonous environment?  People don't come here to get their minds changed; just rage and wish disease and misery on those who won't fall in line with their worldview.

So, it's time to drop below the radar and start focusing my energies on protecting my family and friends through the building conflagration before it engulfs us all.  Stay safe, all. 

"BE COOL

THINK. Think about what is going on, think about necessary adaptations. Think before you speak. Think before you act.  

BREATHE. Before you emote all over social media (which does include this forum by the way), take a deep breath and remember all is not lost. Even as the ship is sinking, what good does it do to hyperventilate? Focus on what needs to be done. Focus on what needs to be said...and no, that doesn’t mean spraying a pile of shit with sweet smelling perfume...truths must be pointed out, shared, notes compared with compatriots...but likewise don’t be chicken little, running your mouth with sky-is-falling emotion. The sky may well indeed be falling, but that doesn’t give you leave to act like a child. Be the man or woman you have always intended to be. Keep your head, demonstrate resolute thought and action.  

PAY ATTENTION. Keep your eyes and ears open. And yes, this often means reading and listening to voices you strongly disagree with. Are you the smartest person in the room? I have yet to meet the person that knows everything, or the person that demonstrates perfect wisdom. There was only ever one person that walked this earth that fits that description, so be humble and recognize you don’t have all the answers, no one does. You can learn valuable things even from people you disagree with, even from people you despise.  

RECOGNIZE. Recognize your friends. Admittedly, this is increasingly difficult to do. Too fucking bad, we do difficult things all the time (and if not, you need to fucking change that). Don’t cut voices off just because you disagree with some things they say. Yes, it can be difficult to find that line, when does disagreement reach the point of irreconcilable differences? But someone who is on your side 80% of the time is a damn sight better than 100% opposed to your very existence. Be an adult and recognize good and reasonable people can disagree on a lot of important issues. Do your best to recognize a friend, no matter how difficult. And yes this even includes some people in the media...none are perfect but there are voices out there that speak wisdom, even if it’s only 80% of the time. We need information, we need perspective, and we need to keep our heads about it. 

And recognize your enemies. One positive note, this is getting easier to do. Just be careful not to lump your friends in there.  

“FOR” IS STRONGER THAN “AGAINST”. Fighting FOR something is always stronger than fighting against something. Fighting the opposition spurs things, but fighting against is only reactive. Change the dynamic and push towards something better. Remember there is no defense, only attack and counter-attack. Think on this.  

GET STRONGER. Mentally. Spiritually. Physically. Quit wasting time and build your skills, resources, and networks. Don’t lose your head. Keep your eyes firmly planted on a goal. Fucking do something rather than emoting like frightened prey online. 

What are you going to accomplish TODAY? How will you get stronger TODAY?

Don’t be a pussy.  

Be cool."

14 hours ago, Spartan said:

Don’t be a pussy.  

Not gonna accomplish anything...I am having real bad depression.

I'm not a pussy...I just can't control when it comes and goes...it just does.

14 hours ago, Spartan said:

Unfortunately, what seems to be escaping the feeble minds of many Democrat supporters is that because of what has happened the last four years, and especially the past year ... there is only one answer to the questions you have posed here.

Kill A Liberal ...