AOC on the Capitol Mob Attack: ‘I Thought I Was Going to Die’

I Thought I Was Going To Die”: AOC Details Harrowing Day Inside The Capitol  Insurrection - NowThis

"I have one message to members of Congress who amplified lies to undermine our democracy, encouraged an attack on our Capitol, and tried to overturn our election: Resign. If your lust for power exceeds your dedication to democracy, there is simply no place for you in Congress."

Poor Alexandria, all she wants to do is give more Americans a chance at the American Dream. Her generosity is rewarded with slander and  near violence. Cons should be ashamed of themselves. This is a black mark in the annals of U.S. History. This will be taught in schools. Future generations will learn of your treachery.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on the Capitol Mob Attack: ‘I Thought I Was Going to Die’ (msn.com)

(Full article at above link)

In an emotional, hour-long post on Instagram Live Tuesday night that attracted more than 1.1 million views, Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said not only that she feared she would be killed by the rioters who stormed the U.S. Capitol last Wednesday but also that she also suspected some of her Republican colleagues would help those rioters track her down.

The video began simply enough. Ocasio-Cortez, dressed in a black turtleneck and framed by a blank wall, waved at followers tuning in and said, “Hey, everybody, hello everyone, how are you doing?” She then paused, sighed, and added, “Oh, my goodness.”

As the viewer count built by the hundreds and then the thousands, she said that she wanted to address the events of last Wednesday and answer any questions her followers might have. But she also discussed her fears on that day and the anger she felt toward those Republican colleagues who she believed enabled the insurrectionists and put their fellow congresspeople in danger.

Explaining that she could not “disclose the full details” of what happened to her given the continuing security risks, Ocasio-Cortez nonetheless called the encounter “traumatizing,” saying, “I did not know if I was going to make it to the end of that day alive.”

As the pro-Trump rioters streamed into the Capitol, breaking windows and crashing through barriers, lawmakers were told to take refuge in a protected “extraction point.” But Ocasio-Cortez commented in the video that she did not feel safe doing so “because there were QAnon and white-supremacist sympathizers and frankly white-supremacist members of Congress in that extraction point who I know and who I have felt would disclose my location and would create opportunities to allow me to be hurt, kidnapped, or worse.

AOC is not alone in thinking that some far-right Congressmen might have been complicit in the January 6 attack.

New Jersey representative Mikie Sherrill said she witnessed some members of Congress leading people through the Capitol on January 5 in what she termed a “reconnaissance for the next day,” when insurrectionists took part in a deadly siege on the legislative branch. (They should be hanged.-drvoke)

Instagram LIVE video by Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - YouTube

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why does the left claim it’s a lie no voter fraud occurred when no one actually investigated the hundreds of claims or statistical anomalies? It’s a flat out lie to claim voter fraud is a lie. 

Poor thing!   It's not much fun when a mob shows up at your door is it snowflake!   Don't ever move to Portland... or Seattle!

Never. It is my quest in life. The fair damsel shall be mine.

12 minutes ago, drvoke said:

I Thought I Was Going To Die”: AOC Details Harrowing Day Inside The Capitol  Insurrection - NowThis

"I have one message to members of Congress who amplified lies to undermine our democracy, encouraged an attack on our Capitol, and tried to overturn our election: Resign. If your lust for power exceeds your dedication to democracy, there is simply no place for you in Congress."

Poor Alexandria, all she wants to do is give more Americans a chance at the American Dream. Her generosity is rewarded with slander and  near violence. Cons should be ashamed of themselves. This is a black mark in the annals of U.S. History. This will be taught in schools. Future generations will learn of your treachery.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on the Capitol Mob Attack: ‘I Thought I Was Going to Die’ (msn.com)

In an emotional, hour-long post on Instagram Live Tuesday night that attracted more than 1.1 million views, Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said not only that she feared she would be killed by the rioters who stormed the U.S. Capitol last Wednesday but also that she also suspected some of her Republican colleagues would help those rioters track her down.

The video began simply enough. Ocasio-Cortez, dressed in a black turtleneck and framed by a blank wall, waved at followers tuning in and said, “Hey, everybody, hello everyone, how are you doing?” She then paused, sighed, and added, “Oh, my goodness.”

As the viewer count built by the hundreds and then the thousands, she said that she wanted to address the events of last Wednesday and answer any questions her followers might have. But she also discussed her fears on that day and the anger she felt toward those Republican colleagues who she believed enabled the insurrectionists and put their fellow congresspeople in danger.

Explaining that she could not “disclose the full details” of what happened to her given the continuing security risks, Ocasio-Cortez nonetheless called the encounter “traumatizing,” saying, “I did not know if I was going to make it to the end of that day alive.”

As the pro-Trump rioters streamed into the Capitol, breaking windows and crashing through barriers, lawmakers were told to take refuge in a protected “extraction point.” But Ocasio-Cortez commented in the video that she did not feel safe doing so “because there were QAnon and white-supremacist sympathizers and frankly white-supremacist members of Congress in that extraction point who I know and who I have felt would disclose my location and would create opportunities to allow me to be hurt, kidnapped, or worse.

AOC is not alone in thinking that some far-right Congressmen might have been complicit in the January 6 attack.

New Jersey representative Mikie Sherrill said she witnessed some members of Congress leading people through the Capitol on January 5 in what she termed a “reconnaissance for the next day,” when insurrectionists took part in a deadly siege on the legislative branch. (They should be hanged.-drvoke)

Too bad she didn't ...

5 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

Poor thing!

It's not much fun when a mob shows up at your door is it snowflake!

Don't ever move to Portland... or Seattle!

Or Minneapolis or Atlanta or St. Louis etc. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Str8tEdge said:

Why does the left claim it’s a lie no voter fraud occurred when no one actually investigated the hundreds of claims or statistical anomalies? It’s a flat out lie to claim voter fraud is a lie. 

That is no justification for murder.

24 minutes ago, drvoke said:

When will you give up your insatiable lust

for this young  lady?                                                           🙄...🍺

5 minutes ago, Taipan said:

When will you give up your insatiable lust

for this young  lady?                                                           🙄...🍺

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, drvoke said:

You smart bastard.

You know how......to play the game.

Have a good day, dog.                                              😎

• Thumb up 1
15 minutes ago, king of the county said:

Never 

Sir,

People would take you seriously...........if you had a serious thought.

I know that you do.

The world  does not.

Please tighten your game up.                                                          😎

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Sir,

People would take you seriously...........if you had a serious thought.

I know that you do.

The world  does not.

Please tighten your game up.                                                          😎

Biden getting impeached are you ready for president Harris?

Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney (D-NY) confirmed the account by Rep. Mikie Sherrill (D-NJ) that insurrectionists were doing a "reconnaissance tour" with a member of Congress the day before the attack.

Rep. Sherrill did a 13-minute video on Facebook Tuesday evening recalling seeing the incident.

"I can confirm that," Rep. Maloney told MSNBC's Nicolle Wallace. "I don't have firsthand knowledge of it, but I spoke to a member who saw it personally, and he described it with some alarm. Some of our new colleagues, the same ones, of course, who believe in conspiracy theories and who want to carry guns into the House chamber, who today, today, have been yelling at Capitol Police, shoving them. Who a week ago were risking their lives to save ours. This conduct is beyond the pale, and it extends to some of this interaction with the very people who attacked the Capitol, and that's why the issue of making sure every member of Congress now goes through a metal detector, which has never happened before, is so important for the security of the inauguration and for our proceedings and it's a sad reality that we find ourselves at a place where the enemy is within, and we cannot trust our own colleagues."

2 minutes ago, king of the county said:

OK.

Good rebuttal.

President Harris  is the ......"Master".....of the Democrat Plantation.

She is a real bitch.

She likes to fuck White men.

Does that turn you on?                                                                        🍺

1 hour ago, drvoke said:

That is no justification for murder.

You think installing a fascist dictator linked with communist China as the president of the United States is NOT treason? 

7 minutes ago, Taipan said:

OK.

Good rebuttal.

President Harris  is the ......"Master".....of the Democrat Plantation.

She is a real bitch.

She likes to fuck White men.

Does that turn you on?                                                                        🍺

Mama-Kamala-OTJ.png

16 minutes ago, king of the county said:

Why should I believe anything you say?

You can't even remember a 10$ bet

7 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

A  pair of chuckleheads.

Are you trying to start a fight w/ me?

Are you??

Please don't try so hard.

Here I am.

Morning beer.............morning fight.   

Now you why some men call me........a mercenary. 

I AM..............                                                                                                       😇...

Just now, Taipan said:

Are you trying to start a fight w/ me?

Are you??

Please don't try so hard.

Here I am.

Morning beer.............morning fight.   

Now you why some men call me........a mercenary. 

I AM..............                                                                                                       😇...

Are you permanently drunk??  

1 hour ago, Str8tEdge said:

Because in the sixty some cases that were filed relief was denied on the merits and on procedural grounds.

Just now, Zaro said:

Because in the sixty some cases that were filed relief was denied on the merits and on procedural grounds.

Nothing was ever denied on merit, as no judge even looked at the evidence.

The fix was in since day one, across the board even with the judiciary.