7 hours ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

So I thought I’d update this a bit.

Got a call from the shop I deal with regarding firearms, which is where I bought my HK. Wife was interested in a new carry, but he HK .40 was a little robust for her.

So these guys call and say they just received a S&W M&P Shield 2.0 EZ in 9mm. Rainy day so no boating, so we take a ride.

Get there and check out the unit. Freaking awesome pistol, one my wife can work, shoot, and carry. Fantastic design where everything is literally ez. Pulling the slide and racking it, crazy easy. Loading rounds, the mags have tabs on the side to pull the spring down while loading rounds, super easy. Disassembly for cleaning - easiest gun I’ve ever cleaned. Shooting? 

As a bonus, was able to buy a couple hundred rounds of range ammo that wasn’t insanely priced, plus some excellent carry loads. Went to the range and this thing purrs. At 20’ I was hitting 2” groupings in slow shooting, 4” in rapid fire. Most importantly, my wife was right there too with her groupings - and it didn’t kick to where it was uncomfortable for her. Win - win....

Also has a grip safety, which is huge for her. Not many pistols have this type of safety, but she, and I, are comfortable with this set up and her carrying one in the chamber.

Highly recommend for anyone, especially wives. She’s carrying with Federal HST 147gr hollow points, which has outstanding ballistics.

Reputable shop should have already done this, but make sure the date range of manufacturing is not on the recent recall for that gun. It will auto fire after pulling the trigger once ...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have 10 boxes of Winchester white box .40 cal I'll let you have for a side of beef (processed) and a case of Old Forester 1920.   JLMK.    

In Houston people pay semi-homeless folks to stand in line every morning at the sporting goods chain, and buy the limit they will sell them. Then they list the ammo on the gun sites for two or three t

That's a nice site, like the google of ammo...   Some ammo maker CEO stated recently that their production was full tilt as demand is outstripping supply...

Three cheers for Cabelas!!!

Received an email late last night (signed up for an auto update when they received an item) stating they had just received a delivery of the item I was looking for.

Now have 400 rounds of 9mm and 350 rounds of .40 S&W, all range rounds. Best part of it, aside from receiving stock, was it was all priced at their normal prices.

Happy days. Now just waiting for my new I dot sights to show, and off to the range with inexpensive rounds.

2 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Three cheers for Cabelas!!!

Received an email late last night (signed up for an auto update when they received an item) stating they had just received a delivery of the item I was looking for.

Now have 400 rounds of 9mm and 350 rounds of .40 S&W, all range rounds. Best part of it, aside from receiving stock, was it was all priced at their normal prices.

Happy days. Now just waiting for my new I dot sights to show, and off to the range with inexpensive rounds.

So I guess this means I get no beef and whiskey?

Damn... I knew I shot too high.

Congrats on the ammo find. I managed to track down a couple hundred rounds of 9mm range rounds last week for regular price too. 9mm was about the only thing I don't have a satisfactory supply of so...

8 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

So I guess this means I get no beef and whiskey?

Damn... I knew I shot too high.

Congrats on the ammo find. I managed to track down a couple hundred rounds of 9mm range rounds last week for regular price too. 9mm was about the only thing I don't have a satisfactory supply of so...

Ya....I know it was bum luck. They had a 5 box limit, so I went home and grabbed my wife and went back. Upon return, they were already running short across the board...

Guy working that area said it’s the first shipment they’ve received in almost six weeks. Sad, but undoubtedly this is going to continue. I just wasn’t going to use carry ammo on the range. What I paid $15/box for today is selling for $50/box online or in smaller gun shops. Crazy man, but really appreciative Cabelas didn’t jack up the price.

1 minute ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Ya....I know it was bum luck. They had a 5 box limit, so I went home and grabbed my wife and went back. Upon return, they were already running short across the board...

Guy working that area said it’s the first shipment they’ve received in almost six weeks. Sad, but undoubtedly this is going to continue. I just wasn’t going to use carry ammo on the range. What I paid $15/box for today is selling for $50/box online or in smaller gun shops. Crazy man, but really appreciative Cabelas didn’t jack up the price.

I have had good luck online ordering from Academy Sports. The website keys in to your local store and reports that specific store's inventory. When they have what you want, click buy for pickup, and they will hold it for you.

It has worked pretty good through this shortage. My local store gets their ammo order on Tuesdays, usually mid morning... so I log on just after lunch and make a buy.

My store is only about 15 minutes from the house.

4 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

I have had good luck online ordering from Academy Sports. The website keys in to your local store and reports that specific store's inventory. When they have what you want, click buy for pickup, and they will hold it for you.

It has worked pretty good through this shortage. My local store gets their ammo order on Tuesdays, usually mid morning... so I log on just after lunch and make a buy.

My store is only about 15 minutes from the house.

Huh....good to know, will give it a shot. Appreciate it.

13 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Huh....good to know, will give it a shot. Appreciate it.

No problem. The key is to know the day the store order comes in. If I tried to order too late on Tuesday or at any point after, they show out of stock, and no sale.

Timing is everything.