• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have 10 boxes of Winchester white box .40 cal I'll let you have for a side of beef (processed) and a case of Old Forester 1920.   JLMK.    

In Houston people pay semi-homeless folks to stand in line every morning at the sporting goods chain, and buy the limit they will sell them. Then they list the ammo on the gun sites for two or three t

That's a nice site, like the google of ammo...   Some ammo maker CEO stated recently that their production was full tilt as demand is outstripping supply...

18 hours ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Ya....I like Gunbroker.....the pricing right now is extreme....seems to be a minimum of 3-4 times the cost during “normal” times. In a pinch, I’ll pay the price for good stuff I’m going to carry, but I’m just looking for range ammo to break in the new pistol and increase my proficiency.

So, you're not looking for ammo, you're looking for ammo at historically low prices.    Just wait, the cheap steel-cased ammo will become available again - not allowed in most indoor ranges.

1 hour ago, rippy38 said:

Remington really screwed the pooch by trying to get into the handgun market in the last couple of decades with an inferior product.

Remington just produced an inferior product - it didn't have to be a POS.  Look, if a company can't make a reasonably reliable hand gun - something that Pakis can make by hand on a grinding wheel in a back ally cardboard shack, then the company really needs to be placed 6' under the dirt and have cement poured over it. 

7 minutes ago, Skans said:

Remington just produced an inferior product - it didn't have to be a POS.  Look, if a company can't make a reasonably reliable hand gun - something that Pakis can make by hand on a grinding wheel in a back ally cardboard shack, then the company really needs to be placed 6' under the dirt and have cement poured over it. 

The goal of  capitalism is to make a profit.

Consumer Reports does not review firearms.

Lots  of  people buy  guns and never  shoot them.

Still,there is  plenty  of discussion about products online.

You have to make sure   that  you are reviewing  the specific item by exact  model  number.

NOT by brand.

Don't buy a  a Pinto or Fiesta because  a neighbor  likes his  F-150.

3 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

The goal of  capitalism is to make a profit.

No.  The goal of corporate executives who run for-profit companies is to make a profit.  Capitalism is an economic system based on private ownership.  It, Capitalism, has no goals. 

Consumer Reports does not review firearms.

Good.  Let's hope it stays that way. 

Lots  of  people buy  guns and never  shoot them.

True.  I have lots of guns I never shoot.  In fact, I have about 3 handguns I like to shoot and only one that I occasionally carry. 

Still,there is  plenty  of discussion about products online.

Online, offline - yes, there is innumerable discussions about firearms.  Talk about a bunch of horses being beaten to death!!

You have to make sure   that  you are reviewing  the specific item by exact  model  number.

To be more precise, model, production run, year manufactured, etc, etc, etc. - Gun geeks can be more wonky than computer hackers. 

NOT by brand.

Brand can be very important.    Take for example the Model 1911.  Was it made by Remington Rand (the typewriter company!), Union Switch and Signal (railroad equipment), Ithaca Gun Company, or Colt?   Oh, yeah, brand matters!

On 1/14/2021 at 12:13 AM, LaughinAtLefty said:

Took delivery of my new CC - a H & K usp compact in .40 cal - and there’s no ammo around, and what minute amount you run into is ridiculously priced. Have a couple hundred rounds of high end .40 S&W since I have a Glock 22......but can’t find range ammo at all. 

Freakin’ sucks.

No hunting in the lords Forrest.

Ice age farmer, no longer on youtube corporation.

America's Top Owner of Farmland: Bill Gates -- In Control of Food

https://www.bitchute.com/video/hG4z9qTpAcaX/?list=notifications&randomize=false

5 hours ago, whiteboy said:

Remington recently went bankrupt ... again .... and sold of all the brands to different investors.

My uncles used to have some nice old Remington rifles and shotguns, but after the Model 700 safety fiasco, no one in my family will buy Remington again ... ever.

People died because of their negligence, and they basically never took responsibility ... it went on for decades.

They are called Gremlington for a reason. 

44 minutes ago, theLion said:

25 million firearms sold in 2020, mostly to first-timers, and anyone wonders why ammo makers can’t keep up with demand. 

First-timers aren't using ammo.

They are mostly Liberals, and have yet to figure out how to get it out of the box ...

6 hours ago, Skans said:

So, you're not looking for ammo, you're looking for ammo at historically low prices.    Just wait, the cheap steel-cased ammo will become available again - not allowed in most indoor ranges.

No, looking for sanely priced range ammo to run through my new rig. Don’t feel like pissing away the good stuff at the range, that’s all.

• Thumb up 1
21 hours ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

No, looking for sanely priced range ammo to run through my new rig. Don’t feel like pissing away the good stuff at the range, that’s all.

Some people are still waiting for Rhodium to be $900/ounce (now at about $21,200.00/ounce) again too.  Oh, BTW, Rhodium was in the $900's within the past 5 years.  Yesterday's gone.....don't stop thinking about tomorrow.

• Haha 1
On 1/14/2021 at 1:13 AM, LaughinAtLefty said:

Took delivery of my new CC - a H & K usp compact in .40 cal - and there’s no ammo around, and what minute amount you run into is ridiculously priced. Have a couple hundred rounds of high end .40 S&W since I have a Glock 22......but can’t find range ammo at all. 

Freakin’ sucks.

Remington went banrupt and the other manufatures are running 24/7 and cannot keep up. I wouk for a Military COmpany and that is the information that I am receiving

• Thumb up 1

Freakin’ sucks.

Can't you make your own reloads? There's no excuse.

6 hours ago, Skans said:

Some people are still waiting for Rhodium to be $900/ounce (now at about $21,200.00/ounce) again too.  Oh, BTW, Rhodium was in the $900's within the past 5 years.  Yesterday's gone.....don't stop thinking about tomorrow.

Somehow a Fleetwood Mac song popped into my head reading your response...

5 hours ago, drvoke said:

Can't you make your own reloads? There's no excuse.

Ya, I could....but not really interested in keeping that stuff around with kids at home. 

It’s my own fault, I’ve just been out of touch on that particular market for awhile....I should know better.

On 1/15/2021 at 2:52 PM, whiteboy said:

First-timers aren't using ammo.

They are mostly Liberals, and have yet to figure out how to get it out of the box ...

Luckily for them there's guys like me to help.

Unlucky for you.

19 hours ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Somehow a Fleetwood Mac song popped into my head reading your response...

I felt the lyrics were appropriate.  Glad to see you got the reference - old band, old song, and I really don't like it.  Must have heard it somewhere and it stuck in my head

• 2 weeks later...

So I thought I’d update this a bit.

Got a call from the shop I deal with regarding firearms, which is where I bought my HK. Wife was interested in a new carry, but he HK .40 was a little robust for her.

So these guys call and say they just received a S&W M&P Shield 2.0 EZ in 9mm. Rainy day so no boating, so we take a ride.

Get there and check out the unit. Freaking awesome pistol, one my wife can work, shoot, and carry. Fantastic design where everything is literally ez. Pulling the slide and racking it, crazy easy. Loading rounds, the mags have tabs on the side to pull the spring down while loading rounds, super easy. Disassembly for cleaning - easiest gun I’ve ever cleaned. Shooting? 

As a bonus, was able to buy a couple hundred rounds of range ammo that wasn’t insanely priced, plus some excellent carry loads. Went to the range and this thing purrs. At 20’ I was hitting 2” groupings in slow shooting, 4” in rapid fire. Most importantly, my wife was right there too with her groupings - and it didn’t kick to where it was uncomfortable for her. Win - win....

Also has a grip safety, which is huge for her. Not many pistols have this type of safety, but she, and I, are comfortable with this set up and her carrying one in the chamber.

Highly recommend for anyone, especially wives. She’s carrying with Federal HST 147gr hollow points, which has outstanding ballistics.

Freakin’ sucks.

Your training should be over.

Gun manufacturers are pushing out guns much more than ammo atm.