Took delivery of my new CC - a H & K usp compact in .40 cal - and there’s no ammo around, and what minute amount you run into is ridiculously priced. Have a couple hundred rounds of high end .40 S&W since I have a Glock 22......but can’t find range ammo at all. 

Freakin’ sucks.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have 10 boxes of Winchester white box .40 cal I'll let you have for a side of beef (processed) and a case of Old Forester 1920.   JLMK.    

In Houston people pay semi-homeless folks to stand in line every morning at the sporting goods chain, and buy the limit they will sell them. Then they list the ammo on the gun sites for two or three t

That's a nice site, like the google of ammo...   Some ammo maker CEO stated recently that their production was full tilt as demand is outstripping supply...

3 hours ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Took delivery of my new CC - a H & K usp compact in .40 cal - and there’s no ammo around, and what minute amount you run into is ridiculously priced. Have a couple hundred rounds of high end .40 S&W since I have a Glock 22......but can’t find range ammo at all. 

Freakin’ sucks.

Scheels

Freakin’ sucks.

Nobody wants .40 anymore... so they don’t make it.  

The pandemic ate up all the ammo due to mass increase in gun purchasers and panic buying combined  with a slow down of ammo manufacturing due to COVID 

Freakin’ sucks.

I have 10 boxes of Winchester white box .40 cal I'll let you have for a side of beef (processed) and a case of Old Forester 1920.

JLMK.

• Sad 1
4 hours ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Freakin’ sucks.

In Houston people pay semi-homeless folks to stand in line every morning at the sporting goods chain, and buy the limit they will sell them. Then they list the ammo on the gun sites for two or three times what they paid.

Try ammoseek.com for the best prices online, which are still high right now.

• Thumb up 1
6 hours ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Freakin’ sucks.

Little late for that.

Should have started getting it when trump took office.

That's when I started.

Thousands of rounds now.

5.56mm. ,.223 and 9mm.

Plus a couple hundred .12 gague and .22

Ready.

1 hour ago, whiteboy said:

In Houston people pay semi-homeless folks to stand in line every morning at the sporting goods chain, and buy the limit they will sell them. Then they list the ammo on the gun sites for two or three times what they paid.

That's a nice site, like the google of ammo...

Some ammo maker CEO stated recently that their production was full tilt as demand is outstripping supply...

• Thumb up 1
7 hours ago, ROG62 said:

Some ammo maker CEO stated recently that their production was full tilt as demand is outstripping supply...

Several major ammunition manufactures are saying that.

https://www.secondamendmentdaily.com/2020/10/ammunition-manufacturers-looking-at-back-orders-lasting-into-2021-gun-owners-facing-massive-shortages-nationwide/

• Thumb up 1
7 hours ago, Squatchman said:

Little late for that.

That's when I started.

Thousands of rounds now.

5.56mm. ,.223 and 9mm.

Ready.

^^^gun nutter^^^

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Squatchman said:

Little late for that.

That's when I started.

Thousands of rounds now.

5.56mm. ,.223 and 9mm.

Ready.

My stash took 3 pick up trucks to transfer to my compound in Waco.  And two more for the weapons. But hey good luck trying to take it.

10 hours ago, EltonJohnson said:

The pandemic ate up all the ammo due to mass increase in gun purchasers and panic buying combined  with a slow down of ammo manufacturing due to COVID 

From my years of making every kind of ammo there was, when times get tough the rednecks buy ammo. 

24 minutes ago, calguy said:

From my years of making every kind of ammo there was, when times get tough the rednecks buy ammo. 

Actually it was all the first time firearm purchasers that ate up the shelf stock in 2020... and a good many of the first time gun purchasers, were lefties.

I have several left leaning friends that I have helped understand the basics and safety of firearm ownership this past year, because they had never owned firearms in their lives until now. Most of them were amazed at how quick a box of ammunition goes at the range when you are getting familiar and comfortable with shooting, and ended up running out and gobbling up all they could get their hands on in their particular caliber.

I personally have purchased very little ammo this year, and the only thing I don't have an ample supply of on hand is 9mm... but that's okay because I only own one, and I only have it because I took it as partial payment in a horse trade about a year ago.

11 hours ago, EltonJohnson said:

Actually the brief on that is as follows. Some FBI event in MIA where the 9mm employed during the event didn’t meet the needs, had them go to the .40 widely on the LEO level due to its increased effectiveness. A couple of decades later, they decided with the improvements in 9mm and with the .40 having more kick - they may be losing a little on accuracy in a rapid fire scenario - so some moved back to the 9mm. Then of course since then, improvements in the pistols themselves have eliminated the concept question of accuracy.

I put 50 rounds through the H K at various distances before I was sold on it, and it was smooooth and very true. My friend with me brought his Glock 19, and I shot about 20 rounds through that. Nice, but nothing like the HK in many aspects. My other side arm is a Glock 22.....so I’m sticking with .40 for a lot of reasons, to include common ammo.

And for the record, there isn’t squat available - regardless of caliber right now......thus my OP.

6 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

Actually it was all the first time firearm purchasers that ate up the shelf stock in 2020... and a good many of the first time gun purchasers, were lefties.

I have several left leaning friends that I have helped understand the basics and safety of firearm ownership this past year, because they had never owned firearms in their lives until now. Most of them were amazed at how quick a box of ammunition goes at the range when you are getting familiar and comfortable with shooting, and ended up running out and gobbling up all they could get their hands on in their particular caliber.

I personally have purchased very little ammo this year, and the only thing I don't have an ample supply of on hand is 9mm... but that's okay because I only own one, and I only have it because I took it as partial payment in a horse trade about a year ago.

I haven't worked for Remington since 2017, so I can't say that's accurate or not. I know at the end of Bush's term the recession was hitting everyone hard. They were beginning to lay people off, I was not one of them. As soon as Obama got elected, the NRA fired up their propaganda machine and the rednecks, even though they had a hard time buying food and gas, bough the hell out of the ammo. We couldn't make it fast enough. This lasted through both his terms. When trump came in, the NRA had nothing to scare people with, and sales gradually slowed for the first year and then the bottom fell out in his second year and they went back to laying people off. Remington ended up going bankrupt, twice.

Feast or famine in the gun industry.

9 hours ago, whiteboy said:

I’ll check it out, thanks.

14 hours ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Freakin’ sucks.

Lots of people selling ammo on Gunbroker.  Blazer Brass 9mm 115 Grains 1000 Rounds Blazer Brass 9mm Bulk Ammo 1000 Rounds - 7 bids and going for $690 with 2 more days of auction.   But, there's lots of ads like that on Gunbroker. 

1000 rounds of 40 going for 665; buy it now price - $1,300

8 hours ago, Squatchman said:

Little late for that.

That's when I started.

Thousands of rounds now.

5.56mm. ,.223 and 9mm.

Ready.

I’ve got @300 rounds of .40, but all of the high grade variety I’m not going to expend on the range. Am sitting pretty on 5.56, 7.62 and 12g for my Benelli. I just need 500 rounds or so of expendable .40.

1 hour ago, rippy38 said:

I read that as part of this process, along with how difficult (red tape) and expensive it is to open new facilities. May

be when the kids are outta the house I’ll do my own.

19 minutes ago, calguy said:

I haven't worked for Remington since 2017,

Figures that Remington lets fags work there ... their products suck ... which is why they just went under ... again.

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Skans said:

Lots of people selling ammo on Gunbroker.  Blazer Brass 9mm 115 Grains 1000 Rounds Blazer Brass 9mm Bulk Ammo 1000 Rounds - 7 bids and going for $690 with 2 more days of auction.   But, there's lots of ads like that on Gunbroker. 

1000 rounds of 40 going for 665; buy it now price - $1,300

Ya....I like Gunbroker.....the pricing right now is extreme....seems to be a minimum of 3-4 times the cost during “normal” times. In a pinch, I’ll pay the price for good stuff I’m going to carry, but I’m just looking for range ammo to break in the new pistol and increase my proficiency.

• Thumb up 1
24 minutes ago, calguy said:

As soon as Obama got elected, the NRA fired up their propaganda machine and the rednecks, even though they had a hard time buying food and gas, bough the hell out of the ammo. We couldn't make it fast enough. This lasted through both his terms.

Obama was after guns...  it wasn't propaganda 

He tried to enact the  biggest "assault weapons" bill in history 

25 minutes ago, calguy said:

When trump came in, the NRA had nothing to scare people with

Because  Trump is a pro  civil rights  prove Constitution

The irony of you working  in the  firearms  industry and supporting   anti 2nd Amendment  people  is  nuts 

15 hours ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Freakin’ sucks.

Same with my 6.5 Creedmoor - on back order everywhere

15 hours ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Freakin’ sucks.

My armorer is having a difficult time getting ammo, and holds some back in order to be able to provide ammo to people who purchase a gun. 

Makes sense.

Who wants to purchase a new gun if they aren't able to get ammo for it?