Jump to content

The House has voted for impeachment


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

If there is a question of whether the Constitution allows it or not, it becomes an issue for the SCOTUS to decide, that's why the branch exists.

 

Given the expedited House action with allowing zero time for rebuttal before the vote, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if that doesn't end up in the SCOTUS as well.

 

Nancy just ran a kangaroo proceeding... the articles were introduced late Monday, Tuesday was spent debating inacting the 25th Amendment, and today they had a vote on the articles that were introduced less than 48 hours earlier?

 

That allowed absolutely no time for debate... Nancy just crammed it through, just like something a dictator would do.

 

Because there was no question that Trump must be removed from office

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because there was no question that Trump must be removed from office

#DonnyTwoPeach

What evidence is there in Trump's favor?

6 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

If there is a question of whether the Constitution allows it or not, it becomes an issue for the SCOTUS to decide, that's why the branch exists.

 

Given the expedited House action with allowing zero time for rebuttal before the vote, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if that doesn't end up in the SCOTUS as well.

 

Nancy just ran a kangaroo proceeding... the articles were introduced late Monday, Tuesday was spent debating inacting the 25th Amendment, and today they had a vote on the articles that were introduced less than 48 hours earlier?

 

That allowed absolutely no time for debate... Nancy just crammed it through, just like something a dictator would do.

 

They debated it all day. There was only one article to vote on. There will be plenty of time for rebuttal in the Senate trial. Trump thought he could get away with inciting insurrection because there wasn't time to impeach. He was wrong. Just like McConnell, Pelosi didn't get to where she is by being stupid. She's one of the smartest politicians in town. Someone should have told trump, "Don't fuck with Nancy, she can fuck you up."

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zaro said:

Because there was no question that Trump must be removed from office

But if he's already gone, who are you going to remove?

 

You do think Biden will be inaugurated on the 20th don't you?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Zaro said:

Because there was no question that Trump must be removed from office

Also sends a message to trump in his final days not to try anything stupid. He knows he's being watched.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, calguy said:

They debated it all day. There was only one article to vote on. There will be plenty of time for rebuttal in the Senate trial. Trump thought he could get away with inciting insurrection because there wasn't time to impeach. He was wrong. Just like McConnell, Pelosi didn't get to where she is by being stupid. She's one of the smartest politicians in town. Someone should have told trump, "Don't fuck with Nancy, she can fuck you up."

They won't hold a Senate trial until after the inauguration.

 

If Biden is seated, then there is no Trump to try and remove... he'll already be out of office.

 

If "something" happens and Trump ends up in a second term, it's a different story.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rippy38 said:

But if he's already gone, who are you going to remove?

 

You do think Biden will be inaugurated on the 20th don't you?

 

 

You hold him accountable. You punish him after he is out of office for the crime he committed while still in office.

  • Thumb up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, calguy said:

Also sends a message to trump in his final days not to try anything stupid. He knows he's being watched.

He's been watched for the last four years!

 

Lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

But if he's already gone, who are you going to remove?

 

You do think Biden will be inaugurated on the 20th don't you?

 

 

The point is that he must be doused in the stink of impeachment. Impeached TWICE. He must wear the scarlet letters II

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zaro said:

You need to realize that for the first time ever the Confederate flag flew in the Capitol. Granted, it was paraded around by a bunch of hick morons, but nonetheless. Think about that in a country that has a  history like we do.

You're a Dumb Left Wing Shitcake, Poodle.  

  • Fuck you! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, calguy said:

Also sends a message to trump in his final days not to try anything stupid. He knows he's being watched.

There is no doubt in my mind that Trump still looks for a way to remain in office. Trump wants to be the last American president

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, antifakiller said:

Pelosi won't get her way when it goes to the Senate. She's in a Tizzy since her laptops are missing. Wait until the bomb is unleashed.   

Go to bed, Auntie

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, calguy said:

You hold him accountable. You punish him after he is out of office for the crime he committed while still in office.

Impeachment only removes the official... trying him for any crimes while in office is a whole separate deal.

 

While the Senate trial has the power to oust a president from office, and ban him or her from running for future office, it does not have the power to send a president to jail. Disqualification from holding office, a separate process, requires a simple majority vote, according to the Congressional Research Service.

 

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/impeachment-process-works/story%3fid=51202880

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zaro said:

There is no doubt in my mind that Trump still looks for a way to remain in office. Trump wants to be the last American president

Actually the first American king would be more accurate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Zaro said:

What evidence is there in Trump's favor?

Well the obvious one is that the "crime" he committed isn't a crime.   There are a couple of centuries worth of SCOTUS rulings that states what he did is constitutionally protected speech. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, calguy said:

They debated it all day. There was only one article to vote on. There will be plenty of time for rebuttal in the Senate trial. Trump thought he could get away with inciting insurrection because there wasn't time to impeach. He was wrong. Just like McConnell, Pelosi didn't get to where she is by being stupid. She's one of the smartest politicians in town. Someone should have told trump, "Don't fuck with Nancy, she can fuck you up."

It was a farce....

And Nancy is so smart that she allowed her lapop to be seized and analyzed by military intelligence ....

LMAO.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazyhole said:

Well the obvious one is that the "crime" he committed isn't a crime.   There are a couple of centuries worth of SCOTUS rulings that states what he did is constitutionally protected speech. 

14th amendment, section 3

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...