Jump to content

The House has voted for impeachment


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because there was no question that Trump must be removed from office

#DonnyTwoPeach

What evidence is there in Trump's favor?

1 hour ago, rippy38 said:

Nancy Pelosi's House has become a farce.

 

This is true Banana Republic shit.

Its honestly a real deal obsession.    Dems, led by Pelosi, knew that at the very best this would remove Trump 1 day before Biden was sworn in.    Just think about that for a moment.     Of all the things they could have been discussing today, the top priority was trying to take 1 day off of Trumps tenure.   They didn't need an investigation into the facts of what went down, who was involved, or whether it was coordinated.     

 

I've said that Trump will be remembered for nothing more than the January 6th riot.    I'm equally comfortable in saying that Nancy Pelosi will be remembered as the SOTH that impeached a president 1 week before he left office. History will remember her for vindictiveness and nothing else.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, crazyhole said:

Its honestly a real deal obsession.    Dems, led by Pelosi, knew that at the very best this would remove Trump 1 day before Biden was sworn in.    Just think about that for a moment.     Of all the things they could have been discussing today, the top priority was trying to take 1 day off of Trumps tenure.   They didn't need an investigation into the facts of what went down, who was involved, or whether it was coordinated.     

 

I've said that Trump will be remembered for nothing more than the January 6th riot.    I'm equally comfortable in saying that Nancy Pelosi will be remembered as the SOTH that impeached a president 1 week before he left office. History will remember her for vindictiveness and nothing else.   

The only real motive is can come up with in this impeachment deal is that there has to be some doubt in Nancy's mind that Biden will actually be inaugurated on the 20th, and Trump may actually end up with a second term... to which he would be facing a Senate trial for insurrection right out of the gate in his second term.

 

I really can't see why else she would be pulling this stunt.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, crazyhole said:

Its honestly a real deal obsession.    Dems, led by Pelosi, knew that at the very best this would remove Trump 1 day before Biden was sworn in.    Just think about that for a moment.     Of all the things they could have been discussing today, the top priority was trying to take 1 day off of Trumps tenure.   They didn't need an investigation into the facts of what went down, who was involved, or whether it was coordinated.     

 

I've said that Trump will be remembered for nothing more than the January 6th riot.    I'm equally comfortable in saying that Nancy Pelosi will be remembered as the SOTH that impeached a president 1 week before he left office. History will remember her for vindictiveness and nothing else.   

You need to realize that for the first time ever the Confederate flag flew in the Capitol. Granted, it was paraded around by a bunch of hick morons, but nonetheless. Think about that in a country that has a  history like we do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zaro said:

You need to realize that for the first time ever the Confederate flag flew in the Capitol. Granted, it was paraded around by a bunch of hick morons, but nonetheless. Think about that in a country that has a  history like we do.

And that flag was summarily removed by nothing more than a statement by the authorities.    They said "get out or we are going to force you out", and they left.    I dont want to make light of the situation, but going to the extent of thinking this is worthy of impeachment is a really dangerous precedent.    You think your vote for president doesn't matter now?  Well guess what, now congress can just remove the guy without even debating the evidence against him.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

The only real motive is can come up with in this impeachment deal is that there has to be some doubt in Nancy's mind that Biden will actually be inaugurated on the 20th, and Trump may actually end up with a second term... to which he would be facing a Senate trial for insurrection right out of the gate in his second term.

 

I really can't see why else she would be pulling this stunt.

 

Crazy talk

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zaro said:

You need to realize that for the first time ever the Confederate flag flew in the Capitol. Granted, it was paraded around by a bunch of hick morons, but nonetheless. Think about that in a country that has a  history like we do.

If Texas can plant the Confederate Flag on the moon...............would you have a little more respect for us?

Would you??

We already own NASA, Clear Lake.

Could we make a deal w/ Cape Canaveral ??

I bet we could.

 

Is it wrong for White Texans to advance their own tribe.?                        🥃

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rippy38 said:

Why else would she do it? 

 

If Mitch doesn't play along, as appears will be the case, then it's for naught.

 

All it does is make her look vindictive and petty.

Mitch has no choice. Mitch will be the MINORITY leader next week. He will no longer be able to set the agenda. Senate leader Schumer will decide when the impeachment trial begins. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, crazyhole said:

And that flag was summarily removed by nothing more than a statement by the authorities.    They said "get out or we are going to force you out", and they left.    I dont want to make light of the situation, but going to the extent of thinking this is worthy of impeachment is a really dangerous precedent.    You think your vote for president doesn't matter now?  Well guess what, now congress can just remove the guy without even debating the evidence against him.  

What evidence is there in Trump's favor?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, calguy said:

Mitch has no choice. Mitch will be the MINORITY leader next week. He will no longer be able to set the agenda. Senate leader Schumer will decide when the impeachment trial begins. 

If Biden is seated, then who will they convict?

 

Trump will no longer be President... and there is no language in the Constitution that allows Congress hold an impeachment trial against a former President,  after he no longer holds the position.

 

At best, it will have to get though a SCOTUS ruling before the Senate can even consider proceeding... unless Schumer says to hell with the Constitution, which he may do. He is a Democrat after all.

 

I think Nancy wanted an insurance policy just in case... which tells me that there is some doubt in her mind that Trp will actually be gone after the 20th.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rippy38 said:

If Biden is seated, then who will they convict?

 

Trump will no longer be President... and there is no language in the Constitution that allows Congress hold an impeachment trial against a former President,  after he no longer holds the position.

 

At best, it will have to get though a SCOTUS ruling before the Senate can even consider proceeding... unless Schumer says to hell with the Constitution, which he may do. He is a Democrat after all.

 

I think Nancy wanted an insurance policy just in case... which tell me that there is some doubt on her part.

 

 

 

 

You have no knowledge of the Constitution. Lawrence Tribe, a constitutional school, has said that as long as articles of impeachment were passed while the president was still in office, the Senate trial must take place. It's happened before, just not with a president. Charges have been filed and there will be a trial. I've heard no republican deny that a trial will take place.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, calguy said:

You have no knowledge of the Constitution. Lawrence Tribe, a constitutional school, has said that as long as articles of impeachment were passed while the president was still in office, the Senate trial must take place. It's happened before, just not with a president. Charges have been filed and there will be a trial. I've heard no republican deny that a trial will take place.

If there is a question of whether the Constitution allows it or not, it becomes an issue for the SCOTUS to decide, that's why the branch exists.

 

Given the expedited House action with allowing zero time for rebuttal before the vote, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if that doesn't end up in the SCOTUS as well.

 

Nancy just ran a kangaroo proceeding... the articles were introduced late Monday, Tuesday was spent debating inacting the 25th Amendment, and today they had a vote on the articles that were introduced less than 48 hours earlier?

 

That allowed absolutely no time for debate... Nancy just crammed it through, just like something a dictator would do.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...