Site Announcement: Threats and Advocating Violence

rippy38

The longstanding rule regarding direct threats against other members is now fully restored, including the addition that includes elected officials. 

Moving forward, making direct threats or advocating violence against other groups will also be considered as making a violent threat.

Given the current political environment in our Country, as well as the world, this has become necessary. This is now a zero tolerance, three day suspension/hell room penalty.

Issues regarding threats (or any other rule infraction) will no longer be debated on the board. If you see an issue, make a report on the post instead of tagging a moderator or admin in a reply. If you don't know how to make a report, just ask. Please leave a comment in all reports.

The posted rule will be updated to reflect these changes in the near future.

@lucifershammer

8 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

The longstanding rule regarding threats against other members is now fully restored, including the addition that includes elected officials. 

2.    No violent threats (a violent threat is expressing your intention, or attempting, to plausibly cause harm to another person in real life).

Moving forward, advocating violence or violent acts toward other groups will also be considered as making a violent threat.

Given the current political environment in our Country, as well as the world, this has become necessary.

Issues regarding threats (or any other rule infraction) will no longer be debated on the board. If you see an issue, make a report on the post instead of tagging a moderator in the reply. If you don't know how to make a report, just ask. Please leave a comment in all reports.

That is all.

@lucifershammer

The only issue I have is it has to be  direct threat.  Saying shit like I hope you die isn't a threat and these idiots are always looking for a loophole to exploit. 

5 minutes ago, lucifershammer said:

The only issue I have is it has to be  direct threat.  Saying shit like I hope you die isn't a threat and these idiots are always looking for a loophole to exploit. 

Yeah, the actual rule probably needs to be updated for clarity.

Give me a few and I'll work on it a bit. Give me about 10.

1 hour ago, rippy38 said:

The longstanding rule regarding direct threats against other members is now fully restored, including the addition that includes elected officials. 

Moving forward, making direct threats or advocating violence against other groups will also be considered as making a violent threat.

Given the current political environment in our Country, as well as the world, this has become necessary. This is now a zero tolerance, three day suspension/hell room penalty.

Issues regarding threats (or any other rule infraction) will no longer be debated on the board. If you see an issue, make a report on the post instead of tagging a moderator or admin in a reply. If you don't know how to make a report, just ask. Please leave a comment in all reports.

The posted rule will be updated to reflect these changes in the near future.

@lucifershammer

Absolutely perfect.  Make it happen number one.