Slain Trump supporter tweeted conspiracy theories and her devotion to Trump in days before her death

'Nothing can stop us': Slain Trump supporter tweeted conspiracy theories and her devotion to Trump in days before her death

5 hours ago

Capitol Hill dystopian
An explosion caused by a police munition seen while supporters of President Donald Trump gathered in front of the US Capitol on Wednesday.  REUTERS/Leah Millis
  • An Air Force veteran named Ashli Babbitt was fatally shot while storming the US Capitol alongside a violent pro-Trump mob on Wednesday.
  • Babbitt was active on social media, where posts indicate she was steeped in an echo chamber of conspiracy theories supporting President Donald Trump and QAnon.
  • Some of her posts called out Democratic lawmakers, including Vice President-elect Kamala Harris, Rep. Maxine Waters of California, and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, with Babbitt saying she was putting them "on notice."
  • Ashli Babbitt's Twitter account said she loved "my dude, my dog, & above all, my country." On Wednesday, Babbitt, a 14-year veteran of the Air Force who ardently supported President Donald Trump and also dabbled in conspiracy theories over social media, died during a rampage at the US Capitol.

Law-enforcement officials told NBC News of her death, and the police confirmed the news to The Washington Post. MSNBC reported that a law-enforcement officer fired the fatal shot.

Babbitt was one of hundreds of Trump supporters who, at the president's suggestion earlier Wednesday, descended on the Capitol to protest the confirmation of President-elect Joe Biden's victory against Trump. Photos and videos of Babbitt inside the Capitol before, during, and after she was shot were shared across social media, and after her death her husband told local media in San Diego — where she was believed to reside — that Babbitt was an ardent Trump supporter.

Babbitt's social-media posts leading up to her death give a clearer idea of her decision to head to Washington.Babbitt regularly expressed support for Trump on social media. While she didn't tweet much herself, she was an ardent retweeter of conservative and right-wing figures, including Michael Flynn and Jack Posobiec, and conservative news sites like Right Side Broadcasting.

On January 5, Babbitt responded to a tweet that said: "A lot of flights into DC are being canceled with no bad weather. The entire world is corrupt."

"Nothing will stop us," she responded. "They can try and try and try but the storm is here and it is descending upon DC in less than 24 hours….dark to light!"

Ashli Babbitt tweeted QAnon, Trump conspiracy theories before Capitol death - Business Insider

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ashli Babbitt tweeted QAnon, Trump conspiracy theories before Capitol death - Business Insider     and the rednecks those 'Real Americans', will consider this Idiot a martyr now

Cult member.  No other explanation required.    

She was into Q-anon, so you know she would fall for every lie out there.

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, calguy said:

'Nothing can stop us': Slain Trump supporter tweeted conspiracy theories and her devotion to Trump in days before her death

Cult member.  No other explanation required.  

• Fuck you! 2
  • MORON! 1
4 minutes ago, theLion said:

It will be interesting to find out who shot her. 

Apparently someone in a suit....CIA, Secret Service....some fucking coward that most likely couldn’t fill one shoe of what this volunteer gave for her country. Fucking coward needs to be found and charged with murder.

• Thumb up 2
3 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

She didn’t “choose” to die. The 14 year veteran, with four TOD’s under her belt - was shot in the back of the neck and murdered by some coward.

Do you support stand your ground laws?

1 minute ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Apparently someone in a suit....CIA, Secret Service....some fucking coward that most likely couldn’t fill one shoe of what this volunteer gave for her country. Fucking coward needs to be found and charged with murder.

Do you support stand your ground laws?

Just now, LaughinAtLefty said:

Guarantee she did more for this country than 100 of you ever did.

I support stand your ground laws. No person should be attacked and not be able to defend themselves with a firearm. 

3 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

She didn’t “choose” to die. The 14 year veteran, with four TOD’s under her belt - was shot in the back of the neck and murdered by some coward.

Nah, she chose to die.  Just like the Jonestown cultists.  

• MORON! 1
3 minutes ago, Dontlooknow said:

I support stand your ground laws. No person should be attacked and not be able to defend themselves with a firearm. 

Who did she attack monkey?

Now DANCE*

*If you respond to this post, you are dancing at my command.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

I disagree. She chose to follow trump's order, she placed herself in harms' way. She was committing criminal, seditious  acts in an effort to overthrow democracy. She was willing do die for a lie, and she paid the ultimate price. That's on her. 

2 minutes ago, calguy said:

I disagree. She chose to follow trump's order, she placed herself in harms' way. She was committing criminal, seditious  acts in an effort to overthrow democracy. She was willing do die for a lie, and she paid the ultimate price. That's on her. 

I'm for personal responsibility. If you chose to attack a person they have the right to use their second amendment right to defend themselves.  

3 minutes ago, Scout said:

Nah, she chose to die.  Just like the Jonestown cultists.  

Nope. She faced that challenge in four TOD’s. She did not choose to be shot from behind by some cowardly punk.

Seriously....shooting a woman, from behind...from a distance, that was doing nothing of any threat to anyone? It doesn’t get more cowardly than that.

• Thumb up 2