Jump to content

Calls for trump Impeachment after he's busted for 'Criminal Election tampering' in Georgia phone call


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, benson13 said:

JAIL TIME!

 

Reacting to a Washington Post bombshell report that contained audio of Donald Trump begging and then demanding Georgia's secretary of state recalculate the presidential election vote totals in his state and find him close to 12,000 votes, attorney George Conway let the president know that he just committed a crime on tape and is looking at some jail time.

According to the WaPo report, Trump told Republican Brad Raffensperger, "So look. All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have. Because we won the state. There's no way I lost Georgia. There's no way. We won by hundreds of thousands of votes."

That, Conway suggested, amounted to election tampering.

With that in mind, he helpfully tweeted for the president -- and whoever is acting as his lawyer these days -- the relevant penalties for attempting or proposing fraud.

According to 52 U.S.C § 20511(2)(B): "A person, including an election official, who in any election for Federal office- knowingly and willfully deprives, defrauds, or attempts to deprive or defraud the residents of a State of a fair and impartially conducted election process, by- (A) the procurement or submission of voter registration applications that are known by the person to be materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent under the laws of the State in which the election is held; or
(B) the procurement, casting, or tabulation of ballots that are known by the person to be materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent under the laws of the State in which the election is held,hall be fined in accordance with title 18 (which fines shall be paid into the general fund of the Treasury, miscellaneous receipts (pursuant to section 3302 of title 31), notwithstanding any other law), or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both."
 

He'll pardon himself. We'll see if self pardons stand up in court. I'm guessing it won't stand.

Trump's Crimes Matter.

  • Thumb up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(R)Charlie Dent just on CNN.......Add EXTORTION now to the long list of trump Crimes    

When dopelook now is the lead cheerleader  your cause is not going to do well   LMAO

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, jerra- said:

nice try, but you fail.

 

you can't explain how it is not a threat.

 

I don't have to explain a negative. YOU have to prove your positive assertion. 

 

You're new to this aren't you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SixShooter said:

 

I don't have to explain a negative. YOU have to prove your positive assertion. 

 

You're new to this aren't you?

Correct. Guilty of one of the logical fallacies. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, benson13 said:

JAIL TIME!

 

Reacting to a Washington Post bombshell report that contained audio of Donald Trump begging and then demanding Georgia's secretary of state recalculate the presidential election vote totals in his state and find him close to 12,000 votes, attorney George Conway let the president know that he just committed a crime on tape and is looking at some jail time.

According to the WaPo report, Trump told Republican Brad Raffensperger, "So look. All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have. Because we won the state. There's no way I lost Georgia. There's no way. We won by hundreds of thousands of votes."

That, Conway suggested, amounted to election tampering.

With that in mind, he helpfully tweeted for the president -- and whoever is acting as his lawyer these days -- the relevant penalties for attempting or proposing fraud.

According to 52 U.S.C § 20511(2)(B): "A person, including an election official, who in any election for Federal office- knowingly and willfully deprives, defrauds, or attempts to deprive or defraud the residents of a State of a fair and impartially conducted election process, by- (A) the procurement or submission of voter registration applications that are known by the person to be materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent under the laws of the State in which the election is held; or
(B) the procurement, casting, or tabulation of ballots that are known by the person to be materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent under the laws of the State in which the election is held,hall be fined in accordance with title 18 (which fines shall be paid into the general fund of the Treasury, miscellaneous receipts (pursuant to section 3302 of title 31), notwithstanding any other law), or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both."
 

 

 

trump has handed his supporters a big let down and they don't know what to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

 

I don't have to explain a negative. YOU have to prove your positive assertion. 

 

You're new to this aren't you?

 

 

you have to explain how it is not a threat. you should be able to back up your positition.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, theLion said:

I wonder if Cruz has figured out yet that he’s playing wingman to a kamikaze. 

A very apt observation and turn of phrase.

But Trumpuppets  do not seem to see how this call was utterly inappropriate.

Trump LOST. Even if he did win in GA (which he did not), he still LOST.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

 

I don't have to explain a negative. YOU have to prove your positive assertion. 

 

You're new to this aren't you?

 

threat-  consequences if not doing what is asked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

 

I don't have to explain a negative. YOU have to prove your positive assertion. 

 

You're new to this aren't you?

 

 

threat
/THret/
 
noun
 
  1. 1.
    a statement of an intention to inflict pain, injury, damage, or other hostile action on someone in retribution for something done or not done.
    "members of her family have received death threats"
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

 

Derp

 Trump told Georgia’s Republican Secretary of State Brad Raffensberger that he was taking “a big risk” by refusing to cooperate by falsifying verified election results that showed Biden winning by 11,779 votes.

 

-------

 

threat

Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump, the president, claims that something bad will happen if the authorities in GA do not provide a specific number of votes   different from the actual, counted, recounted and officially certified number. 

How is that not a threat?

Nothing legal will come of this. I suspect it will tend to result in the GOP senate candidates getting fewer votes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

It's a threat typical of a Mafioso: "I saw your pretty little granddaughter". I hope nothing bad happens to her."

 

Trump didn't say anything like that. But your TDS-fueled hyper-exaggeration is noted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

Trump did not state an intention to inflict pain, injury, damage, or other hostile action.

 

Thanks for proving yourself wrong.

 

 

Raffensperger and Germany’s refusal to cooperate led the president to issue a vague legal threat against the secretary and his counsel, saying they were at “risk” if they did not investigate his conspiracy theories. “That’s a criminal offense,” Trump said. “And you can’t let that happen. That’s a big risk to you and to Ryan, your lawyer.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jerra- said:

 

 

Raffensperger and Germany’s refusal to cooperate led the president to issue a vague legal threat against the secretary and his counsel, saying they were at “risk” if they did not investigate his conspiracy theories. “That’s a criminal offense,” Trump said. “And you can’t let that happen. That’s a big risk to you and to Ryan, your lawyer.”

 

Is Trump a prosecutor?

 

Next.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SixShooter said:

 

Trump didn't say anything like that. But your TDS-fueled hyper-exaggeration is noted.

What he did say was worse:he said that he could face charges,he could be convicted of a crime and he would not want that.  Of course, to be a crime, Trump would have to prove  misfeasance AND intent.  But Trump has shown that people can be made to lie on his behalf. That makes it a threat.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...