Sorry guys

rippy38

Woke up yesterday morning to fever and chills and just general malaise.

The rapid COVID test came back negative so we think it's the flu. I can still taste and smell fine and only have a little congestion and hardly any cough too. Gonna go for another test this afternoon just to be sure.

Slept just about all day and night, and still feel like shit this morning so I'm probably going back to bed soon.

The threats and organizing of violence on this site need to be squashed. Given the political climate they are going to do nothing but get worse as time goes on. Not a good look for the board at all.

Perhaps an announcement to the board is in order.

I'll check back in in a bit, if I'm still alive. Ugggh.

@SpyCar

@lucifershammer

5 hours ago, rippy38 said:

Woke up yesterday morning to fever and chills and just general malaise.

The rapid COVID test came back negative so we think it's the flu. I can still taste and smell fine and only have a little congestion and hardly any cough too. Gonna go for another test this afternoon just to be sure.

Slept just about all day and night, and still feel like shit this morning so I'm probably going back to bed soon.

The threats and organizing of violence on this site need to be squashed. Given the political climate they are going to do nothing but get worse as time goes on. Not a good look for the board at all.

Perhaps an announcement to the board is in order.

I'll check back in in a bit, if I'm still alive. Ugggh.

@SpyCar

@lucifershammer

Feel better dude.

Hey guys, just an update.

Flu test came back positive yesterday afternoon, but they are doing a PCR test for COVID and checking for antibodies as well. Doc said there is a chance I could have both C-19 and the seasonal influenza at the same time. What fun. Won't have the PCR results until tomorrow or Saturday. What I do know at this point is that I have the flu, and it sucks ass.

I woke up feeling better this morning, so we'll see if it holds. Actually having a coffee right now and am a little hungry, which is good since I haven't had any appetite two days, so maybe I'm turning a corner here, we shall see. The wife is feeling fine but got a PCR test for COVID yesterday too, just to be sure. We have been separated since I started feeling puny so, maybe she will be good. I'll keep y'all posted on that results and such.

I'll get caught back up to speed on the forum happenings this morning just the same.

My apologies again for the interruption.

Test results are back... the wife and I are both negative on COVID ( my second neg counting the rapid test on Tues)... my antibody test came back positive, which means I most likely have already had and gotten over the COVID bug. Doc said it was a 50/50 on accuracy, so to take it with a grain of salt. My wife wasn't checked for antibodies, since she didn't request it.

Her and I were both sick as hell right after Christmas last year so... could be we already had the Wuhan bug?

Who knows... I do know I feel better today than I have all week so, there is that.

As far as the flu goes, I would call it mild (in my case anyway) as it seems to be backing off rather quickly. I did feel like total shit for two solid days though, and still not completely over it yet. The wife and I have both been taking extra vitamin D and Zinc supplements along with our regular multivitamin since all this mess started so, maybe that made a difference.