Why are threats going unpunished?

SpyCar

Threats against Joe Biden by Antifakiller, unpunished.

Now a threat against a member by ROG62. Only a "hide."

These are in conflict with the posted board rules. Why are these people getting away with flagrant board violations?

Response by ROG62 [referring to Benson]:

That fucker needs a lead sandwich...

51 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

Threats against Joe Biden by Antifakiller, unpunished.

Now a threat against a member by ROG62. Only a "hide."

These are in conflict with the posted board rules. Why are these people getting away with flagrant board violations?

Response by ROG62 [referring to Benson]:

That fucker needs a lead sandwich...

Relax and quit being so heavy handed. Let the board flow.

1 minute ago, lucifershammer said:

Relax and quit being so heavy handed. Let the board flow.

We have rules posted on this forum. Threats are not allowed. Arbitrarily not enforcing posted rules while arbitrarily banning people who don't violate any posted rule is not the way to moderate a forum IMO. You've banned people w/o breaking any rule and you accuse me of being "heavy handed?" Right back at you.

We are asked to do a job here.  That is to enforce the rules as they are posted.

These threats are not close calls or matters of interpretations.

Punish these posters for making threats against other members and against the president-elect.

4 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

We have rules posted on this forum. Threats are not allowed. Arbitrarily not enforcing posted rules while arbitrarily banning people who don't violate any posted rule is not the way to moderate a forum IMO. You've banned people w/o breaking any rule and you accuse me of being "heavy handed?" Right back at you.

We are asked to do a job here.  That is to enforce the rules as they are posted.

Punish these posters for making threats against other members and against the president-elect.

If you look for trouble you'll find it. 

7 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

I banned supra.. and that's my decision and all bans go through me. That's why I overruled your banning earlier.

Just now, lucifershammer said:

If you look for trouble you'll find it. 

False accusation. I'm not "looking for trouble." Instead I'm seeing some very serious threats going unpunished in violation of the posted board rules.

This is the job we were assigned. To do. Otherwise, what is our function?

1 minute ago, SpyCar said:

False accusation. I'm not "looking for trouble." Instead I'm seeing some very serious threats going unpunished in violation of the posted board rules.

This is the job we were assigned. To do. Otherwise, what is our function?

To do your job without a partisan bias. And it has been noticed you only go after people against your political beliefs.  You cannot moderate on that bias.  This is NHB  people get heated and I thought I clearly explained threats. Unless it's a DIRECT  threat not implied only then will it be considered 

I hope you die .... not a threat 

I will kill you.. a threat..

He needs a lead sandwich... not a threat

I will give you a lead sandwich.. a threat..

17 minutes ago, lucifershammer said:

To do your job without a partisan bias. And it has been noticed you only go after people against your political beliefs.  You cannot moderate on that bias.  This is NHB  people get heated and I thought I clearly explained threats. Unless it's a DIRECT  threat not implied only then will it be considered 

I hope you die .... not a threat 

I will kill you.. a threat..

He needs a lead sandwich... not a threat

I will give you a lead sandwich.. a threat..

That's a bullshit lie, right there. The first action I took as a mod was to punish Scout for a remark about Trump that could have been construed as a threat.

Your accusations are baseless, insulting and dead-wrong. We have posted rules that you are not enforcing or allowing me to enforce. There is nothing remotely partisan in punishing people for making threats against either the current president or the next one.

Do your fucking job and stop with the fucking bullshit insults.