Moderator Actions

SpyCar

4 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

This is to serve as the ongoing log of mod actions.

Just banned a commercial spammer named "boommusic" reported by tunafish

He caught two others this morning too... also banned.

3 minutes ago, lucifershammer said:

@SpyCar I have told you twice now ALL BANNINGS go through me.. I will not keep repeating myself.

And I was given precisely the opposite instructions by the owner of this website who said I should ban commercial spammers right way.

You two better work things out. 

Paging @kfools

Bill

4 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

And I was given precisely the opposite instructions by the owner of this website who said I should ban commercial spammers right way.

You two better work things out. 

Paging @kfools

Bill

1. Kfools does not want to have anything to do with modding this forum that's why I am in charge.

2.. ALL banning will go through me

3... everything else is up to you two to decide.

4..  the banning edicate is non negotiable 

5..  you two need to not question each others decisions  if there is a problem I will handle it.

11 hours ago, SpyCar said:

Just banned 

You have the ability to ban folks? Is that ban from the LO Room and they still get to post in NHB or they banned from the entire site? Who did you ban and why? That question is a request, you do not answer to me. Also provide links. How hard did you try to put the recalcitrant on the straight and narrow? 

2 hours ago, teacher said:

You have the ability to ban folks? Is that ban from the LO Room and they still get to post in NHB or they banned from the entire site? Who did you ban and why? That question is a request, you do not answer to me. Also provide links. How hard did you try to put the recalcitrant on the straight and narrow? 

I banned a person who appears to commercial spanner who appears to be from Nigeria. LH evidently thinks this is Five using a proxy to spoof Nigeria as his location. Perhaps he is correct? I had/have no reason to think so and was told to ban commercial spanners on sight.

i'm caught up in competing instructions here.

Doing my best to keep this place clear of commercial spam. Seemed like a no-brainer move to me. So much drama has ensued over something so that seems so simple.

10 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

I banned a person who appears to commercial spanner who appears to be from Nigeria.

Again, you do not answer to me. I'm just a stick in the mud. Thank you for the reply. 

Appears? Ya'll ban folks on "appears" now? AND the site has to take your word for it? When the fu(k did LO change like that? I'm asking. 

LH evidently thinks this is Five using a proxy to spoof Nigeria as his location. Perhaps he is correct?

Mr. Hammer said that? Evidently? Perhaps? What do I know? 

I had/have to reason to think so and was told to ban commercial spanners on sight.

Swell. Please to provide said evidence. Links are not that hard.

i'm caught up in competing instructions here.

Not from me. I have no power other than that in the horse thread. Also I get to type here. 

Doing my best to keep this place clear of commercial spam. Seemed like a no-brainer move to me. So much drama has ensued over something so that seems so simple.

You banned someone. All I'm asking is that you show us how you got to there.

-

I was sent the password to this thread. I ain't gigging anyone nor do I have the power to do so. I cannot compel anyone to answer my questions however my questions are salient. Ignoring me is just fine. But then that would kinda be an admission of sumpin... 

1 hour ago, teacher said:

Again, you do not answer to me. I'm just a stick in the mud. Thank you for the reply. 

Appears? Ya'll ban folks on "appears" now? AND the site has to take your word for it? When the fu(k did LO change like that? I'm asking. 

LH evidently thinks this is Five using a proxy to spoof Nigeria as his location. Perhaps he is correct?

Mr. Hammer said that? Evidently? Perhaps? What do I know? 

Swell. Please to provide said evidence. Links are not that hard.

Not from me. I have no power other than that in the horse thread. Also I get to type here. 

You banned someone. All I'm asking is that you show us how you got to there.

-

I was sent the password to this thread. I ain't gigging anyone nor do I have the power to do so. I cannot compel anyone to answer my questions however my questions are salient. Ignoring me is just fine. But then that would kinda be an admission of sumpin... 

"Appears" meaning his profile said Nigeria, his IP address says Nigeria, and he linked to spam in Nigeria. Do I know beyond all doubts that someone isn't "spoofing" Nigeria through a VPN account? No. I don't. Hence the word "appears." 

In any case this new poster claiming to be from Nigeria posted commercial spam with his first post. I'd ban such a person every single time. That's how I got there.

Bill

6 hours ago, lucifershammer said:

@SpyCar

@rippy38

Keep an eye on this 

Ongoing problems with the same few (tunafish, whiteboy, and antifakiller) constantly pushing the violence.

This is why I've been pressing  for a zero-tolerance policy on this stuff. We don't need bannings or huge punishments, just need to put out the word this is finished.

We've been to lax with truly toxic posting that harms the health of the website IMO. 

Reading threats is not enjoyable for uses and the wrong sorts of threats will get us unwanted attention.

I'm going to keep beating this drum. This is the one aspect of this forum that needs fixing in my estimation, and it is getting worse, not better.

On 12/14/2020 at 2:54 AM, SpyCar said:

"Appears" meaning his profile said Nigeria, his IP address says Nigeria, and he linked to spam in Nigeria. Do I know beyond all doubts that someone isn't "spoofing" Nigeria through a VPN account? No. I don't. Hence the word "appears." 

In any case this new poster claiming to be from Nigeria posted commercial spam with his first post.

So where is that link? That's all you have to do. You kinda went nuts there splaining why there's no link. Generally when I ask for a link and someone goes nuts that's a distraction, there is no link.

WTF, Mr. Car? 

I was asking the other day why do I have the password to this thread. It was a rhetorical question. One ya'll should have answered anyway. I'm a bit of an azzhole. I'm a member of this site longerer than any of you. Then the other thing, I'm teacher. And stuff I shouldn't say. 

How does this work now? Mr. Car, you are boss of The LO Room. This is sumpin the likes of you are not used to as far as that power comes from a conservative. Such is unheard of. If it was the other way around forget about it. This site is wicked cool. I'm wicked cool. Mr. Fools is wicked cool. The both of us serves at the pleasure of Mr. Fools. But then I have my own thing. You don't have my thing. All you have is that you are boss of the LO. That was harsh. Fu)(k the dumb $h!t. Mr. Car? All that? That's between us mods. 

I am The Warden. 

4 hours ago, kfools said:

Instead of banning a spam profile its better to send it to hell.

When we ban them they just make a new profile. In hell they generate spam content not knowing they don't have access to the rest of the site.

Great. When will we get that power?

Bill

3 hours ago, lucifershammer said:

You don't.  Like I said run the rooms. I wanna run hell.  Recommend and see ..

If we can't send people to hell--as kfolls just asked us to do--and we should not ban or suspend people, our hands are completely tied.

Bill

9 hours ago, SpyCar said:

If we can't send people to hell--as kfolls just asked us to do--and we should not ban or suspend people, our hands are completely tied.

Bill

Banishment to hell is an admin decision.  You guys are supposed to mod the rooms and keep order. Right now there are 7 reports that haven't been dealt with yet.  My job is to back you two and as I said last night y'all  enforce the rules you are the front line soldiers.  

8 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

Who, what, why are Maineman's posts getting hacked?

These actions are against the mod rues and an abuse of authority.

Please end this activity.

Thanks.

Bill

I agree... if a member is in hell it's one thing, but outside of that, it blurs the lines.