supraTruth banning

SpyCar

@lucifershammer @rippy38 @kfools

Sorry, but I think permabanning a long-term member here for a posting included a link that went to a twitter feed by .net is an extreme reaction.

There are no posted rules not to link to other political forums (except in the LO room, where I made this explicit).

Neither Rippy or I knew if we should even moderate the post given the lack of a posted rule.

A permaban seems arbitrary. Not even a warning.

Meanwhile we have Antifa calling for the execution of the president-elect and facing NO CONSEQUENCES other than a hidden post. This is seriously out of whack.

27 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

@lucifershammer @rippy38 @kfools

Sorry, but I think permabanning a long-term member here for a posting included a link that went to a twitter feed by .net is an extreme reaction.

There are no posted rules not to link to other political forums (except in the LO room, where I made this explicit).

Neither Rippy or I knew if we should even moderate the post given the lack of a posted rule.

A permaban seems arbitrary. Not even a warning.

Meanwhile we have Antifa calling for the execution of the president-elect and facing NO CONSEQUENCES other than a hidden post. This is seriously out of whack.

Any and all shilling for .net ends in a banning period.. and I reiterate ALL banning must be approved by me.

48 minutes ago, lucifershammer said:

Any and all shilling for .net ends in a banning period.. and I reiterate ALL banning must be approved by me.

Banning people (supraTruth) who is a longtime member of this forum when there are no posted rules for linking to outside political forums seems extreme to me.

If that's the rule, it should be posted publicly or we will appear to be arbitrary. I included this rule in the LO Room rules.

Telling us not to ban commercial spammers goes against the instructions I received from @kfools.

2 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

Banning people (supraTruth) who is a longtime member of this forum when there are no posted rules for linking to outside political forums seems extreme to me.

If that's the rule, it should be posted publicly or we will appear to be arbitrary. I included this rule in the LO Room rules.

Telling us not to ban commercial spammers goes against the instructions I received from @kfools.

This is the last time I will say this to you bill. Kfools does not want to be bothered with forum drama anymore, that's why he put me in charge of the forum. Therefore from this moment forward you receive your instruction from me.

Just now, lucifershammer said:

This is the last time I will say this to you bill. Kfools does not want to be bothered with forum drama anymore, that's why he put me in charge of the forum. Therefore from this moment forward you receive your instruction from me.

It's not "drama" except perhaps in your head. I was told explicitly to ban-on-sight commercial spammers by the man who own this website. Clear it up. I don't give a shit either way.

But it is difunctional IMO to tie mods hands when the appropriate action is beyond obvious.

3 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

It's not "drama" except perhaps in your head. I was told explicitly to ban-on-sight commercial spammers by the man who own this website. Clear it up. I don't give a shit either way.

But it is difunctional IMO to tie mods hands when the appropriate action is beyond obvious.

Just hide it and report it so it can be seen before a banning takes place. .net will always result  in a ban but some can be handled with a trip to hell.

3 hours ago, lucifershammer said:

Just hide it and report it so it can be seen before a banning takes place. .net will always result  in a ban but some can be handled with a trip to hell.

I have no issue with making links to .net a bannable offense, but *if* that's the case it should appear explicitly in the rules before such bans take place IMO.

Permabanning long standing members of this forum for violating non-posted rules seems arbitrary.

1 hour ago, SpyCar said:

I have no issue with making links to .net a bannable offense, but *if* that's the case it should appear explicitly in the rules before such bans take place IMO.

Permabanning long standing members of this forum for violating non-posted rules seems arbitrary.

It is what it is.

1 hour ago, SpyCar said:

He is gone. He will never come back .. the end...

21 minutes ago, kfools said:

@lucifershammer I want supra unbanned immediately. 

Half of the war with .net is winning it. The best way to do so starve their members. A light touch is needed. With Supra we need to nudge the spamming to stop like we did with Benson. A light touch. I'm not trying to override anybody but Supra makes content that annoys the right. I want the right annoyed. 

I'll be absent the forum for a while. Got Covid in the house. You all run it. Stop the infighting. It isn't useful. Besides, remember that banning an asshole is fun. Banning them twice is even more better! lol. 

Sorry to hear about the covid invasion... start loading up on zinc and vitamin d supplements asap. Heavy doses of both keeps the symptoms at bay until you body can fight it off. Hope all works out good.

I will go unflag supra as it doesn't seem like anyone else is present at the moment.

edit*

He's unflagged, but still banned. I kinda figured that would be the case. Lol

1 hour ago, kfools said:

Half of the war with .net is winning it. The best way to do so starve their members. A light touch is needed. With Supra we need to nudge the spamming to stop like we did with Benson. A light touch. I'm not trying to override anybody but Supra makes content that annoys the right. I want the right annoyed. 

I'll be absent the forum for a while. Got Covid in the house. You all run it. Stop the infighting. It isn't useful. Besides, remember that banning an asshole is fun. Banning them twice is even more better! lol. 

Ok but you're the one who said do it

2 hours ago, kfools said:

I'm very sorry to hear Covid has hit your family. Best to you in getting through it.

I'd do my best to work with our team here and keep thing going smoothly.

My thoughts are with you.

Bill

I have PMed supraTruth an informed him that--while it isn't a posted rule--links to .net or their twitter-feed should not happen.

He has always been a good member here. I'm glad not to lose him.

Bill

I had nice exchanges with supraTruth and welcomed him back.

Without getting into details I let him know that the relations between this site and .net are not so keen at the moment and that a link that site's twitter-feed triggered a response.

But I let him know that kfools values him as a member here and he welcomes all the old crew back here anytime and that I feel the same way.

I also made him aware that links to .net are definitely verboten  and he understands and apologizes. He wasn't aware of the depth of the issues between the forums and did not intent to cause a problem, said he was sorry, and unstood the deal.

Best case outcome IMO. Thanks all.