Pennsylvania Legislators Begin Process of Nullifying Election and Selecting Electors For Trump

Pa. State Senator Moving to Have Legislature Appoint Electors As The Evidence Preponderates 

A member of the Pennsylvania Senate said he has spoken to the leadership in both houses of the state’s General Assembly about exercising its authority to appoint electors to the Electoral College because of ''so much evidence of shenanigans and fraud'' in the presidential election.

''So, we’re going to do a resolution between the House and Senate, hopefully today,'' Republican Sen. Doug Mastriano said Friday on ''War Room,'' former White House strategist Steve Bannon’s video podcast.

''I’ve spent two hours online trying to coordinate this with my colleagues. And there’s a lot of good people working this here. Saying that the resolution, saying we’re going to take our power back. We’re going to seat the electors. Now obviously we’re going to need the support of the leadership of the House and Senate. We’re getting there on that.''

Mastriano, 56, a retired U.S. Army colonel who represents the state’s Senate District 33 in the south central counties of Cumberland, Adams, Franklin, and York, said about half of the Pennsylvania House and Senate leaders support the move. Republicans control both houses: 29-21 in the Senate and 113-90 in the House of Representatives.

GetFile.aspx?guid=6a96d079-eeb9-4a4c-81d

Article 2, Section 1, Clause 2 of the U.S. Constitution says, ''Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress.''

Mastriano said he is expecting ''a struggle.''

''We’re going to hear the palpitations and you know the outcries of our Gov. (Tom) Wolf and Secretary (of State Kathy) Boockvar, whose resignation should have happened months ago and she shouldn’t have ever been confirmed,'' he said.

Mastriano added the actions are necessary due to the revelations at a Wednesday hearing of the Pennsylvania Senate Majority Policy Committee in Gettysburg.

''(There’s) so much evidence of shenanigans and fraud, we can’t stand aside and just watch this unfold around us,'' he said. ''If there’s extensive shenanigans out there, it’s up to the General Assembly to step in. So we have a fight on our hands and we’re going to fight. We’re going take the fight all the way to the Supreme Court if we have to.''

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/mastriano-pennsyvlania-senate-electors/2020/11/27/id/999060/

• Thumb up 1

Article II, Section 1, Clause 2:

Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector.

The word appoint as used in Clause 2 confers on state legislatures the broadest power of determination.1 Upholding a state law providing for selection of electors by popular vote from districts rather than statewide, the Court described the variety of permissible methods. Therefore, on reference to contemporaneous and subsequent action under the clause, we should expect to find, as we do, that various modes of choosing the electors were pursued, as, by the legislature itself on joint ballot; by the legislature through a concurrent vote of the two houses; by vote of the people for a general ticket; by vote of the people in districts; by choice partly by the people voting in districts and partly by the legislature; by choice by the legislature from candidates voted for by the people in districts; and in other ways, as, notably, by North Carolina in 1792, and Tennessee in 1796 and 1800. No question was raised as to the power of the State to appoint, in any mode its legislature saw fit to adopt, and none that a single method, applicable without exception, must be pursued in the absence of an amendment to the Constitution. The district system was largely considered the most equitable, and Madison wrote that it was that system which was contemplated by the framers of the Constitution, although it was soon seen that its adoption by some States might place them at a disadvantage by a division of their strength, and that a uniform rule was preferable.2

4 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

Pa. State Senator Moving to Have Legislature Appoint Electors As The Evidence Preponderates 

A member of the Pennsylvania Senate said he has spoken to the leadership in both houses of the state’s General Assembly about exercising its authority to appoint electors to the Electoral College because of ''so much evidence of shenanigans and fraud'' in the presidential election.

''So, we’re going to do a resolution between the House and Senate, hopefully today,'' Republican Sen. Doug Mastriano said Friday on ''War Room,'' former White House strategist Steve Bannon’s video podcast.

''I’ve spent two hours online trying to coordinate this with my colleagues. And there’s a lot of good people working this here. Saying that the resolution, saying we’re going to take our power back. We’re going to seat the electors. Now obviously we’re going to need the support of the leadership of the House and Senate. We’re getting there on that.''

Mastriano, 56, a retired U.S. Army colonel who represents the state’s Senate District 33 in the south central counties of Cumberland, Adams, Franklin, and York, said about half of the Pennsylvania House and Senate leaders support the move. Republicans control both houses: 29-21 in the Senate and 113-90 in the House of Representatives.

GetFile.aspx?guid=6a96d079-eeb9-4a4c-81d

Article 2, Section 1, Clause 2 of the U.S. Constitution says, ''Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress.''

Mastriano said he is expecting ''a struggle.''

''We’re going to hear the palpitations and you know the outcries of our Gov. (Tom) Wolf and Secretary (of State Kathy) Boockvar, whose resignation should have happened months ago and she shouldn’t have ever been confirmed,'' he said.

Mastriano added the actions are necessary due to the revelations at a Wednesday hearing of the Pennsylvania Senate Majority Policy Committee in Gettysburg.

''(There’s) so much evidence of shenanigans and fraud, we can’t stand aside and just watch this unfold around us,'' he said. ''If there’s extensive shenanigans out there, it’s up to the General Assembly to step in. So we have a fight on our hands and we’re going to fight. We’re going take the fight all the way to the Supreme Court if we have to.''

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/mastriano-pennsyvlania-senate-electors/2020/11/27/id/999060/

This is yet another short lived side show that has zero chance of passage. 

I read an analysis about this, I can't remember where, that this move is purely for optics only. The legislative session ends on Monday, and unless they can get this side show passed in one day, pretty much impossible, this move dies along with every other move by the GOP to thwart the will of the voters and overturn a legitimate legal election. 

On Dec 14 all of Pennsylvania's electoral votes will be cast for Joe Biden and there isn't a damn thing trump can do about it.

3 minutes ago, calguy said:

I read an analysis about this, I can't remember where

Im am  sure  it is  bullshit.    You still think  Biden  won this  election ?   LMAO

https://thefederalist.com/2020/11/23/5-more-ways-joe-biden-magically-outperformed-election-norms/

have you read that one?  it will take  about   3 minutes 

read that  carefully and  get back to us

4 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

Im am  sure  it is  bullshit.    You still think  Biden  won this  election ?   LMAO

https://thefederalist.com/2020/11/23/5-more-ways-joe-biden-magically-outperformed-election-norms/

I've read that piece if trash before. It changes nothing. All it does is keep you in the dark. 

1 minute ago, calguy said:

I've read that piece if trash before. It changes nothing. All it does is keep you in the dark. 

OK,  so you read it.    You think it's  trash.   Fine.   But  I'll ask you...  what about it is  untrue?   Please  show  where the article  is  making a false statement.

• Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, calguy said:

I read an analysis about this, I can't remember where, that this move is purely for optics only. The legislative session ends on Monday, and unless they can get this side show passed in one day, pretty much impossible, this move dies along with every other move by the GOP to thwart the will of the voters and overturn a legitimate legal election. 

On Dec 14 all of Pennsylvania's electoral votes will be cast for Joe Biden and there isn't a damn thing trump can do about it.

Psssst. SHITSTAIN. PENNSYLVANIA has a REPUBLICAN LEGISLATURE!!!

AND, the CONSTITUTION doesn't say it needs the Governor to sign it, approve t, or even has ANY POWER to stop it!!!!

AND if you think that ACB, ALITO, KAVANNAUGH, GORSUCH, and THOMAS are going to object, you are going to get the REALITY SLAPPING YOU IN THE NUTS!!!

Psssst. Here is ANOTHER ONE....

YOU have NO RIGHT TO VOTE FOR PRESIDENT in the Constitution!! NONE!!

Suck on that one faggyboy!!

5 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

OK,  so you read it.    You think it's  trash.   Fine.   But  I'll ask you...  what about it is  untrue?   Please  show  where the article  is  making a false statement.

I'm not going to waste my time. I'll let you enjoy your fantasy. I reserve the right to laugh at your ass as we get closer to all of Pennsylvania's electoral votes being cast for Joe Biden on Dec 14.

• Haha 1

Just now, MidnightMax said:

Psssst. SHITSTAIN. PENNSYLVANIA has a REPUBLICAN LEGISLATURE!!!

AND, the CONSTITUTION doesn't say it needs the Governor to sign it, approve t, or even has ANY POWER to stop it!!!!

AND if you think that ACB, ALITO, KAVANNAUGH, GORSUCH, and THOMAS are going to object, you are going to get the REALITY SLAPPING YOU IN THE NUTS!!!

Psssst. Here is ANOTHER ONE....

YOU have NO RIGHT TO VOTE FOR PRESIDENT in the Constitution!! NONE!!

Suck on that one faggyboy!!

More useless dribble from Maxine. You're better off sitting on your vibrator for a couple hours and experience what little pleasure you're able to. You're fantasy ended on November Third and the door will slam shut on Dec 14.

There isn't a damn thing you can do about it.

1 minute ago, calguy said:

I'm not going to waste my time.

LOL...    as I  have predicted about  you several times.   You run out of talking  points  quick, and play the  all too common and weak "not going to  waste my time card"  I mean really?     You are all the same, all the  time.   You can't fight the  battle of  ideas with  facts.    

Here is a  gem

Biden was down more than 10% in NY but up huge in very specific large cities –but only in the cities in battleground states.

you did not  win this  election  legitimately...  the  numbers alone  show it

450,000+ ballots in battleground cities had a vote for only Biden. No down ballot votes cast, no independents, green party or write in candidates voted for on those ballots.

@calguy

Republicans won all 27 “contested” House seats but lost the presidency?

Trump had the highest % of non-white votes of any Republican in history.

Just now, EltonJohnson said:

LOL...    as I  have predicted about  you several times.   You run out of talking  points  quick, and play the  all too common and weak "not going to  waste my time card"  I mean really?     You are all the same, all the  time.   You can't fight the  battle of  ideas with  facts.    

Here is a  gem

Biden was down more than 10% in NY but up huge in very specific large cities –but only in the cities in battleground states.

you did not  win this  election  legitimately...  the  numbers alone  show it

I'm not out of talking points, I just accept the reality that you are a brick wall and simply choose not to argue with a brick wall about some useless drivel on a right wing website that you happen to be jacking off to at the moment.

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

450,000+ ballots in battleground cities had a vote for only Biden. No down ballot votes cast, no independents, green party or write in candidates voted for on those ballots.

@calguy

Republicans won all 27 “contested” House seats but lost the presidency?

Trump had the highest % of non-white votes of any Republican in history.

Trump is pardoning his co- conspirators. What does that tell you, Elnut?

Just now, calguy said:

The plan is to do just that in one day.....

Maybe you should get better sources ....

Just now, EltonJohnson said:

They don't care about our nation's election security ....all they care about is power.

The caring won't start until they see for themselves that they were used ....

1 minute ago, Whitemajikman said:

Explain why you think it's trash...

I already asked  @calguy, that  very question.   He said he was going not  to  waste his time.

These people  are all the same.   Useful idiots to a  power elite, too  dumb to realize they are leading themselves to slaughter. 

the facts of   Joe Biden's "win" are  astounding.    He basically lost  everywhere, except   mysteriously over performed  in the   key  areas  he needed, and  did so  after they  knew  how many votes  Trump got.