I bet most of us at least know someone who is struggling with everything and relying on the social safety net system for survival (and it is nothing more than survival for a lot of people). Meanwhile employers in the USA are reporting record profits and enjoying endless tax breaks. So they are basically straining both sides of the social safety net system by forcing people to rely on it and by not paying a dime into it. But just raising the minimum wage will not fix the problem because employers will just raise their prices further adding to inflation. 

Our Representatives could, however, pass a law something like: 

If any employer has employees on social safety net systems then that employer is not eligible for any state or federal tax breaks. There is no reason these guys shouldn't be required to help fix a problem that they are creating. 

2 hours ago, FivebyFive said:

It's my biggest beef with Joe.. He is too cozy with corporations.. You do know that corporate taxes are very cheap in Delaware?  

Don't get me wrong.. I am glad the greedy orange guy is gone.

and to see the government wall street bailout on the DJIA from CV is just a poke in the eye. Even Nancy said it was important to help wall street.. I  was like "Why??"

DJIA-Snapshot-201030.png

The reason wall street "needed" the money is because our entire banking systems balance sheets are tethered to the stock market.   If the DOW had actually corrected and his 12-13k like it should have, the investment banks would have collapsed and brought down the global economy.     We are at 571 trillion dollars in derivatives with 19 trillion in M2.  They had no choice but to buy some more time.    I completely disagree with what they have been doing and it's just making the imminent even worse, but that's why they did it.   

• Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, NobodysProfit2020 said:

I bet most of us at least know someone who is struggling with everything and relying on the social safety net system for survival (and it is nothing more than survival for a lot of people). Meanwhile employers in the USA are reporting record profits and enjoying endless tax breaks. So they are basically straining both sides of the social safety net system by forcing people to rely on it and by not paying a dime into it. But just raising the minimum wage will not fix the problem because employers will just raise their prices further adding to inflation. 

If any employer has employees on social safety net systems then that employer is not eligible for any state or federal tax breaks.

And what do you propose to do when many of these "greedy" corporations simply fire anyone that signs up for social safety net systems in order to avoid this penalty, dunce?  You aren't real bright, are you?

There is no reason these guys shouldn't be required to help fix a problem

Actually, there are numerous valid reasons why "these guys" shouldn't be required to do this, retard.

that they are creating. 

And how exactly are these "greedy" corporations supposedly "creating" this problem, dimwit?

This should be good for a laugh...

1 minute ago, XavierOnassis said:

Nighthawk embraces the belief that the rich are still not rich enough and should pay less in taxes, and that the poor have too much already and that all efforts to help them get ahead should be abandoned, because it just makes them beg for more.

Right on cue, you take a page right out of the idiot lib handbook- whenever you are getting your ass handed to you by a conservative and you have absolutely nothing left, just falsely accuse them of being heartless bastards that want all poor people to starve to death or some similar idiocy and then cowardly run away without actually proving your case.  In other words, you all think that if you can try to portray conservatives as somehow being against the poor, then that absolves you of actually having to disprove any arguments they make.  It is really quite transparent and pathetic, actually....

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, FivebyFive said:

Yep. Wall Street is a noose around our collective neck

It could evaporate  overnight

That goes a bit far.    Banks being invested in the stock market isn't a bad thing on its own, but when they are leveraged so deeply into derivatives that a market correction can literally turn their balance sheets upside down its a recipe for disaster.   At this point it doesn't matter because commodity markets are going to take everything down no matter what they try to do.    

30 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

And what do you propose to do when many of these "greedy" corporations simply fire anyone that signs up for social safety net systems in order to avoid this penalty, dunce?  You aren't real bright, are you?

Actually, there are numerous valid reasons why "these guys" shouldn't be required to do this, retard.

And how exactly are these "greedy" corporations supposedly "creating" this problem, dimwit?

This should be good for a laugh...

You are technically correct the employers could just fire them in order to avoid the penalty however if they fire there employees the work isn't going to get done for starters because those lazy pricks can't handle actually working. 

Also, I would love to hear your "numerous reasons" why greedy corporations shouldn't be held accountable for a problem they are creating with their barely legal sweat shops. 

Also again 🤣, if you would have read my post rather than acting like a guard dog for corporate america you would have realized that I already explained how they are creating this poverty problem by paying people just barely legal wages and not paying into a system that said employees are by default required to use in order to survive.

And finally, yes this will be good for a laugh. I was raised conservative "dimwit", and I know how to make you, a "retard" conservative, run away to your Parlor safe space like a bitch with your tail between your legs. 

8 minutes ago, NobodysProfit2020 said:

Also, I would love to hear your "numerous reasons" why greedy corporations shouldn't be held accountable for a problem they are creating with their barely legal sweat shops. 

Surely you are aware that politicians are the ones actually writing the laws and corporations are greedy for following those laws?

52 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

Right on cue, you take a page right out of the idiot lib handbook- whenever you are getting your ass handed to you by a conservative and you have absolutely nothing left, just falsely accuse them of being heartless bastards that want all poor people to starve to death or some similar idiocy and then cowardly run away without actually proving your case.  In other words, you all think that if you can try to portray conservatives as somehow being against the poor, then that absolves you of actually having to disprove any arguments they make.  It is really quite transparent and pathetic, actually....

You haven't proved anything except how arrogant you are by trolling so what's your point. Furthermore, if you believe that an employer basically throwing it's workers scraps compared to what the executive board makes, then you are a heartless piece of dog shit. 

Technically you said it, I'm just agreeing with you, I'm happy to see we agree on something you dumbass. 

2 minutes ago, JoeAverage said:

Surely you are aware that politicians are the ones actually writing the laws and corporations are greedy for following those laws?

I actually feel that both the corporations and politicians are to blame. The corporations are to blame for exploiting human beings in the name of profit and the politicians are to blame for not properly representing us 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NobodysProfit2020 said:

If any employer has employees on social safety net systems then that employer is not eligible for any state or federal tax breaks. There is no reason these guys shouldn't be required to help fix a problem that they are creating. 

Provide proof that corporations and the corporate owners are "not paying a dime" into the "social safety net."

PROVIDE THAT PROOF, NOW.

(Watch this, folks!)

4 minutes ago, Mirabeau said:

Provide proof that corporations and the corporate owners are "not paying a dime" into the "social safety net."

PROVIDE THAT PROOF, NOW.

(Watch this, folks!)

https://publicintegrity.org/inequality-poverty-opportunity/taxes/trumps-tax-cuts/you-paid-taxes-these-corporations-didnt/

Here is a report from 2019. 

Here's a hint dumbass, if they don't pay taxes they are not paying a dime into the social safety net. 

So yeah you can go fuck yourself while you watch this dumbass

1 minute ago, NobodysProfit2020 said:

https://publicintegrity.org/inequality-poverty-opportunity/taxes/trumps-tax-cuts/you-paid-taxes-these-corporations-didnt/

Here is a report from 2019. 

Here's a hint dumbass, if they don't pay taxes they are not paying a dime into the social safety net. 

So yeah you can go fuck yourself while you watch this dumbass

Listen to Mirabeau, you little, ignorant wastrel.

You FAILED to provide ANY evidence that the OWNERS of the corporation failed to pay any taxes, as Mirabeau requested.

Question for you , you little, ignorant wastrel:

If a corporation's taxes go up by . . . say . . . 10%, and it's only making a 3% - 4% profit on its product, what does the corporation THEN DO?

2 minutes ago, JoeAverage said:

That's a pretty broad brush you are painting with there. You suggesting that ANY business that falls under the "corporation" category are exploiting human beings?

No I'm actually trying to say that any employer PERIOD that reports record profits while ANY of it's employees are on state assistance IS exploiting human beings. PERIOD!

MEANWHILE:

Government REVENUES, and GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT INCREASED as a result of the Trump tax cuts.

(Liberals are so damned IGNORANT they don't have  a CLUE as to how something like that can happen.)

MEANWHILE:  The benefits of the tax cuts DID NOT MOSTLY ACCRUE to the wealthiest among us.

THIS PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY MIRABEAU:  A PATRIOT FIGHTING LIBERAL LIES WITH THE POWER OF THE TRUTH!

https://www.ipi.org/ipi_issues/detail/did-the-trump-tax-cuts-work

6 hours ago, NobodysProfit2020 said:

What constitutes a "federal tax break?"

(Watch carefully, folks!)

4 minutes ago, Mirabeau said:

Listen to Mirabeau, you little, ignorant wastrel.

You FAILED to provide ANY evidence that the OWNERS of the corporation failed to pay any taxes, as Mirabeau requested.

Question for you , you little, ignorant wastrel:

If a corporation's taxes go up by . . . say . . . 10%, and it's only making a 3% - 4% profit on its product, what does the corporation THEN DO?

10 percent ain't shit the corporate tax rates need to go back to 70 percent like it was before Reagan fucked the working class.

P.S. I don't give a fuck what the corporation should do after their taxes get raised. 

Corporate America has never done anything for me or my family except use us and toss us aside. Corporate America can go fuck itself for all I care. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NobodysProfit2020 said:

10 percent ain't shit the corporate tax rates need to go back to 70 percent like it was before Reagan fucked the working class.

P.S. I don't give a fuck what the corporation should do after their taxes get raised. 

Corporate America has never done anything for me or my family except use us and toss us aside. Corporate America can go fuck itself for all I care. 

You have NOT answered the questions Mirabeau posed.

Try to stay focused, and try not to move your lips as you type.

To repeat:  What does a corporation do with its products if its expenses, INCLUDING TAXES, go up?