Question: Doesn't Gen. Flynn have to admit guilt for any crime for which he gets a pardon?

Scout

Which makes Trump's gesture even more corrupt..... people against whom crimes were proven in court, he says should be immune from punishment.  BUT TRUMP tried to have the gov't MURDER the INNOCENT Central Park 5.  

Stuff like RUSSIAN COLLUSION, eh?   I knew it was true.  

Trump is garbage like his voters. 

8 minutes ago, Scout said:

Which makes Trump's gesture even more corrupt..... people against whom crimes were proven in court, he says should be immune from punishment.  BUT TRUMP tried to have the gov't MURDER the INNOCENT Central Park 5.  

Stuff like RUSSIAN COLLUSION, eh?   I knew it was true.  

Trump is garbage like his voters. 

The answer is no.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Huey said:

The answer is no.

I am not convinced now that I have done some research.

Whether accepting a pardon is inherently an admission of guilt is still debated by many law historians. According to Associate Justice Joseph McKenna, writing the majority opinion in the U.S. Supreme Court case Burdick v. United States, a pardon "carries an imputation of guilt; acceptance a confession of it."

And another view from a Washington Post article:

Myth No. 4

Pardons are only for guilty people; accepting one is an admission of guilt.

In 1915, the Supreme Court wrote in Burdick v. United States that a pardon “carries an imputation of guilt; acceptance a confession of it.” Over the years, many have come to see a necessary relationship between a pardon and guilt. Ford carried the Burdick quote in his wallet, defending the Nixon pardon by noting that it established Nixon’s guilt. More recently, MSNBC host Ari Melber taunted Arpaio by saying he had admitted he was guilty when he accepted Trump’s pardon.

But Burdick was about a different issue: the ability to turn down a pardon. The language about imputing and confessing guilt was just an aside — what lawyers call dicta. The court meant that, as a practical matter, because pardons make people look guilty, a recipient might not want to accept one. But pardons have no formal, legal effect of declaring guilt.

3 minutes ago, Scout said:

I am not convinced now that I have done some research.

Whether accepting a pardon is inherently an admission of guilt is still debated by many law historians. According to Associate Justice Joseph McKenna, writing the majority opinion in the U.S. Supreme Court case Burdick v. United States, a pardon "carries an imputation of guilt; acceptance a confession of it."

And another view from a Washington Post article:

Myth No. 4

Pardons are only for guilty people; accepting one is an admission of guilt.

In 1915, the Supreme Court wrote in Burdick v. United States that a pardon “carries an imputation of guilt; acceptance a confession of it.” Over the years, many have come to see a necessary relationship between a pardon and guilt. Ford carried the Burdick quote in his wallet, defending the Nixon pardon by noting that it established Nixon’s guilt. More recently, MSNBC host Ari Melber taunted Arpaio by saying he had admitted he was guilty when he accepted Trump’s pardon.

But Burdick was about a different issue: the ability to turn down a pardon. The language about imputing and confessing guilt was just an aside — what lawyers call dicta. The court meant that, as a practical matter, because pardons make people look guilty, a recipient might not want to accept one. But pardons have no formal, legal effect of declaring guilt.

That’s nice.  But this was the question:

Doesn't Gen. Flynn have to admit guilt for any crime for which he gets a pardon?

Interesting question, & I don't know the answer.  What I do know is he previously plead guilty of a crime (twice) that landed him in jail in the first place.   To be pardoned doesn’t exonerate, but rather usurps justice, unless the pardoned in question can be proven not guilty, or even innocent in some cases.  

15 minutes ago, calguy said:

Getting a pardon from an impeached lame duck president does not make Michael Flynn any less of a traitor to his country.

He has ruined his professional credentials with all but corrupt Republicans.  

17 minutes ago, calguy said:

Getting a pardon from an impeached lame duck president does not make Michael Flynn any less of a traitor to his country.

You guys are so gullible.  There should be an intelligence test for lefties in order to vote.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

what did  he do?

We should ask him to take the 302 and the FBI notes and show us what question he lied about but all that would happen is a dazed and confused look.

22 minutes ago, calguy said:

If you have to ask the question you'll never comprehend the answer.

As someone so eloquently said earlier, Elton knows nothing about everything.

I know the case    I was  asking you to explain to show how dumb this case is for libs

22 minutes ago, Huey said:

We should ask him to take the 302 and the FBI notes and show us what question he lied about but all that would happen is a dazed and confused look.

They  don't even  know  why they  hate Flynn.

Flynn used to be  Obama's boi...   

1 minute ago, EltonJohnson said:

They  don't even  know  why they  hate Flynn.

Flynn used to be  Obama's boi...   

Until he began inventing falsehoods which became known as Flynn facts. Obama is not fond of falsehoods.

Commentary: Flynn facts: a threat to national security

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-flynn-national-security-commentary/commentary-flynn-facts-a-threat-to-national-security-idUSKBN15S28E

2 hours ago, Scout said:

Question: Doesn't Gen. Flynn have to admit guilt for any crime for which he gets a pardon?

This is a pretty dumb question, considering the tens of thousands of citizens convicted of crimes they never committed ---especially those who were then pardoned for those convictions, but not those crimes--- since they never took responsibility for the crime they're accuseed of. So once again, one of you lunatic's deranged hatred for President Trump, caused you to create a nonsensical discussion thread where you embarassed your own intelligence.

• Thumb up 1

12 hours ago, Huey said:

Not new being they're nothing but mouth breathers anyways...

• Thumb up 1