Something tells me we’re not going to see trump’s healthcare plan...

2 hours ago, FivebyFive said:

That is really good!!  Use it.. get the physical..

Do nurses have therapists??   I think I saw some outreach during the pandemic. The stress must be absolutely unfathomable to me.

They are playing COVID horor stories on NPR..

And we had the family friend who committed suicide in late April and took 40 chest xrays a day since the onset of the plague.. God I wish he had reached out to someone.  His three  boys are very fine young men finishing up high school.. So effing tragic.  I have not met with the family yet.. We were too scared to participate in services at the time..  

Stay Helathy friend.. I feel much better almost immediately.. The last four years were hell!!  Cannabis farming wasn't for me.. I hope to recover in the new economy coming soon.  Maryland nearly halved its new caseload under Hogans orders very quickly.. In a week..  Hopefully the businesses will comply..  Troopers will be visiting restaurants and clubs..

CV19-Cases-Maryland-201125.png

I personally don’t need therapy.  Losing my son, mom, uncle and grandpa within 9 months was a lot more difficult to deal with than Covid ever will be. 

Many healthcare professionals do struggle with it and anyone with mental illness is exacerbated, hence the mental health crisis which another lock down would just make it worse. 

5 hours ago, whiteboy said:

Back to the worst idea in the history of the US .... Obamacare ...

It’s bizarre to hear from people who hate other people having health coverage.  Not just that, but coverage that’s more popular today than it was in its inception (65% favorability).   In fact, the ACA was so popular, it was one of the major springboards for talks of Medicare for all.  

Does the ACA have its flaws?  Of course.  But that’s largely bcus several state legislators refuse to expand it.  For costs to go down, it needs revisions & expansion, a larger pool.  But w/ help from (R) would ultimately mean a successful HC plan fulfilled by democrats.  And we can’t have that.  For now, The ACA is appreciably successful where its implemented. Roughly 24 million Americans are insured today bcus of it.

11 minutes ago, jrock2310 said:

It’s bizarre to hear from people who hate other people having health coverage.  Not just that, but coverage that’s more popular today than it was in its inception (65% favorability).   In fact, the ACA was so popular, it was one of the major springboards for talks of Medicare for all.  

Does the ACA have its flaws?  Of course.  But that’s largely bcus several state legislators refuse to expand it.  For costs to go down, it needs revisions & expansion, a larger pool.  But w/ help from (R) would ultimately mean a successful HC plan fulfilled by democrats.  And we can’t have that.  For now, The ACA is appreciably successful where its implemented. Roughly 24 million Americans are insured today bcus of it.

Insurance was better, and cheaper before Obamacare.

All it did was give an option to lazy fucks who didn't want to work.

3 minutes ago, whiteboy said:

Insurance costs have been going up regularly since forever.

Of course rates are going to be be lower when the companies can screen all applicants and reject those with any "pre existing conditions", especially when the company defines what said conditions are,

If people are not working,it is not usually because they are lazy. Coal miners, for example, were laid off because the coalin many mines is running out, and that the industry is now using  robotic mining machines that can do the work of 30 men. If you live in some coal campin VA  or WV, there are no jobs for ex-miners, especially those with black lung. 

You want a job in mining asbestos?   Lots of luck finding one.

1 hour ago, whiteboy said:

No.  On all fronts.  

*Side bar:  you do realize one has to pay for ACA coverage, right?  The subsidy only applies to CHIP/medicaid recipients.

2 hours ago, jrock2310 said:

It is bizarre you can't see why I feel that I shouldn't have to pay for your healthcare by spending $700 a month with a $6000. deductible. You seem proud of the 24 million number, do you have a clue how many Americans there are?

1 minute ago, RayDonavin said:

It is bizarre you can't see why I feel that I shouldn't have to pay for your healthcare by spending $700 a month with a $6000. deductible.

I think it would be bizarre  for me to actually CARE about your plight. You are free to find a better policy any time you choose, after all.

21 minutes ago, jrock2310 said:

*Side bar:  you do realize one has to pay for ACA coverage, right?  The subsidy only applies to CHIP/medicaid recipients.

??? I'm surprised you still don't know how this works. That statement is false!

My brother in law has been gaming the system(Obamacare) since it started. He makes $150k/yr. and much of it is cash so he is able to get his income down far enough to qualify for a ACA subsidy.

Obamacare offers subsidies, also known as tax credits, that work on a sliding scale. They limit the amount you pay in monthly premiums to a percentage of your annual income. Most people are eligible for subsidies when they earn 400% or less of the federal poverty level.Oct 2, 2020

13 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

I think it would be bizarre  for me to actually CARE about your plight. You are free to find a better policy any time you choose, after all.

So you don't pay for your healthcare? Free? The ACA does not allow many choices, the one I outline is their cheapest option.

10 minutes ago, JoeAverage said:

My brother in law has been gaming the system(Obamacare) since it started. He makes $150k/yr. and much of it is cash so he is able to get his income down far enough to qualify for a ACA subsidy.

Obamacare offers subsidies, also known as tax credits, that work on a sliding scale. They limit the amount you pay in monthly premiums to a percentage of your annual income. Most people are eligible for subsidies when they earn 400% or less of the federal poverty level.Oct 2, 2020

Actually the cutoff is $23.000 dollars a year. I get $43.000 a year just in retirement. I fugg off ACA and pay cash for my visits saving me thousands every year.

34 minutes ago, RayDonavin said:

Actually the cutoff is $23.000 dollars a year. I get $43.000 a year just in retirement. I fugg off ACA and pay cash for my visits saving me thousands every year.

My view on the ACA has softened over the years. We immediately found the silver lining with the expansion of HSA's and jumped onboard right away. By the time we retire we will have sheltered over $100k from Federal and State taxes and we don't spend that money. The majority of it is invested in the markets. It will make a nice nest egg for health related costs in retirement.

No one should be surprised the Democrats came up with a plan to benefit higher income households.

1 hour ago, RayDonavin said:

It is bizarre you can't see why I feel that I shouldn't have to pay for your healthcare by spending $700 a month with a $6000. deductible. You seem proud of the 24 million number, do you have a clue how many Americans there are?

You have to pay for all those ppl who waltz in to ER’s who don’t have insurance, so what’s the difference?   

At least w/ coverage, the hospital liability isn’t as overextended, thus, raising HC costs/rates to make up for the difference.

Hospitals make their money either way.  Either they make it up by raising HC costs, or bcus *most* are nonprofit, they receive federal funding.  And all that means is tax payers like you and I are funding it.

So you see... either way, we’re flipping the bill.  But if more states & practices offered or carried ACA patients, the financial burden on us would decrease over time.  

2 hours ago, JoeAverage said:

So, because yet brother is a lying chest, he can defraud the system. 

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, JoeAverage said:

Your own statement is self-defeating.  You started off by implying that your brother is “gaming the system”.  Which translated means he is not a ‘good faith’ participant.   There are many who usurp intended nature of any safeguard.  The underlining issue that is highlighted in your post is the HC system doesn’t function properly.  Too many cooks in the kitchen.  Insurers who make money off being a third wheel in a two-way transaction is criminal.  

Like the ‘voter fraud’ argument... the issue rarely comes down to the people, but rather the system.