What Is Wrong With Some People?

Spartan

What's wrong with some people?

I'll tell you what's wrong: they haven't been punched in the face when they're acting like an asshole. The rudest people I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with are those who have no threat of repercussions for their words or actions in their life. The cruelty, the entitlement, the blatant ignorance that I've seen displayed by these individuals because no one was willing to slap the taste out of their mouths is staggering.

How can we possibly address this as a culture?

Simple answer: men need to start checking men. Call them out! Don't let it all slide. It's because everyone lets it slide and no one wants confrontation that these people continue to act this way.

I'm not saying to knock out your boss; but when he pops off, have the spine to stand up for yourself.

When the young bucks decide its time to "display some dominance" and start bullying people, check them on it and let that little bit of you that still longs for battle have some hope that they will oblige.

Hold doors for people.  Say please and thank you.  Smile every once in a while, and have some manners. The world will not change by being told it has to change; it will only change by example.

So, be better.  Be the example.  Some people (especially around this place) need it badly.

127278846_2478456319123356_5303552747846

Everybody on here is passionate, uncompromising, physically fit beyond belief, rich, insert other superlatives. Not sure how a small forum was able to recruit and attract so many incredibly successful, rich types that are also badasses that could take anybody in a fight and do so with ease... like brushing aside pocket lint. 

This goes hand in hand with how uncivil they are. They can be ignorant, uncivil, vitriolic because they are supposedly superior in every way. 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Everybody on here is passionate, uncompromising, physically fit beyond belief, rich, insert other superlatives. Not sure how a small forum was able to recruit and attract so many incredibly successful, rich types that are also badasses that could take anybody in a fight and do so with ease... like brushing aside pocket lint. 

This goes hand in hand with how uncivil they are. They can be ignorant, uncivil, vitriolic because they are supposedly superior in every way. 

THAT is the truth!

11 minutes ago, Dontlooknow said:

So you are for assaulting a person cause it makes them more civil. Using an uncivil act to make somebody civil.  Makes sense if your a retard. 

If people (like you, for example) knew you'd get your teeth knocked out for being such an irredeemable prick, you'd probably modify your behavior.  But the entire movement to pussify our society and make people believe that ANY violence - including righteous violence - is bad, then it feeds the idea that you can be boorish (i.e. uncivil) without fear of consequence.  If you are uncivil, then you deserve someone taking you to task for it.

That you don't get that demonstrates most effectively why the "retard" in this exchange is actually you... even if you're too stupid to see it.

23 minutes ago, Dontlooknow said:

So you are saying that if I thought that my freedom of speech would hurt your little feelers and make you assault me I'd wouldn't say it. You're dead wrong. And after you smashed me in the face id keep saying the truth no matter how much you hit me. Cause freedom of speech is all about principles and I'd die for that right as an American no matter the fascist trying to steal that right from me. 

I am as dedicated an advocate of freedom of speech as exists today.  You can make any comment you want about your political beliefs, and so long as you do it in a respectful way, I'm absolutely fine with that and will defend to the death your right to voice your opinions.  

You speak to me respectfully, and you will be given respect in return regardless of your political beliefs.  Punks who get in my face, shout vile insults, or try to physically bully me will get their jaw broken or their larynx crushed with a throat punch.  

Of course, I have to laugh that leftists like you try to shout down any kind of dissent with cries of "fascist!" or "racist!" and seek to get any alternative views silenced as "hate speech"... and then try to hide behind "freedom of speech".  Well, bubba, that makes you a hypocrite.

3 minutes ago, Dontlooknow said:

Yeah the proud boy peppermace people cause they are pussys. They can't articulate their point so they turn to violence. It's what authoritarians do. 

So when Antifa peppersprays someone are they pussies?  When BLM does?  They sure used that tactic a lot; often spraying people simply for wearing red baseball caps JUST IN CASE they might be Trump supporters.  So the proud boys are wrong for using terroristic violence but Antifa isn't??  

Sure; that makes sense.

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

I am as dedicated an advocate of freedom of speech as exists today.  You can make any comment you want about your political beliefs, and so long as you do it in a respectful way, I'm absolutely fine with that and will defend to the death your right to voice your opinions.  

You speak to me respectfully, and you will be given respect in return regardless of your political beliefs.  Punks who get in my face, shout vile insults, or try to physically bully me will get their jaw broken or their larynx crushed with a throat punch.  

Of course, I have to laugh that leftists like you try to shout down any kind of dissent with cries of "fascist!" or "racist!" and seek to get any alternative views silenced as "hate speech"... and then try to hide behind "freedom of speech".  Well, bubba, that makes you a hypocrite.

There is a difference between free speech and hate speech. There is a difference between religious freedom and actively promoting the discrimination of gays etc

• Thumb up 1

When I have had the pleasure to visit Eastern Idaho/Western Montana, how is it that can I go into the most rural, downhome, redneck settings and not get into a fight? Well, its not because I agree with their views. Most of the time, not even close. Hmm... must be a reason. Or could it be due to my having lived there at times and so know their way of life and so know that they are a product of the environment. Isolation, hard work, and low pay change things. Is it a matter of innate stupidity.. not quite. Yes, they may live simpler lives but again that comes back to the environment. If I do not like what I am seeing, hearing, smelling, etc.... then plenty of opportunities to leave.