Brooklyn synagogue that held crowded, secret wedding to be fined $15,000 

drvoke

a group of people standing on a sidewalk: NYPD officers speak with community members briefly outside a synagogue in the Brooklyn borough of New York.

Why is it ALWAYS religious fuckups?

Oh, and another thing: Hey, bagel boys, you look ridiculous in those getups. Halloween was a month ago.

Brooklyn synagogue that held crowded, secret wedding to be fined $15,000: Mayor de Blasio (msn.com)

(Full article at above link)

As coronavirus cases continue to surge across New York City, a Brooklyn synagogue will be slapped with a $15,000 fine for hosting a huge wedding in violation of restrictions aimed at reducing the COVID infection rate, Mayor de Blasio said Monday.

“We know there was a wedding. We know it was too big. We don’t have an exact figure, but whatever it was, it was too big,” Hizzoner said on NY1. “There appeared to be a real effort to conceal it, which is absolutely unacceptable.”

NYPD officers speak with community members briefly outside a synagogue in the Brooklyn borough of New York.  

He’d been asked about a published report describing thousands of attendees at the Nov. 8 wedding of a top rabbi’s grandson in the Yetev Lev temple in Williamsburg.

“There is going to be a summons for $15,000 immediately for that site,” de Blasio said. “And there could be additional consequences quite soon, as well. That’s just not acceptable.”

The wedding came after the state imposed a 10-person limit on private gatherings and as the city is grappling with an alarming surge in COVID cases.

Earlier Monday, de Blasio said the entire city could be declared an “orange zone” as soon as next week, shutting down non-essential businesses and putting an end to indoor dining.

“We’ve got to fight back the second wave. We still can. We get through these holidays, we have a chance to really turn the corner, but it’s up to every one of us,” he said at a press conference.

Taking It on the Nose? A Fresh Look at Cartoon Jews and Anti-Semitism -  Books - Haaretz.com

image.png

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, FivebyFive said:

For years I thought he was on the same side as me..   not so sure now.

drvoke brings perspective content here..

Be what it may.. you have to read as much as possible to see between the lines.

What you dedicate your time to is a personal choice

30000 Points Baby.. Smooth Transition coming.. Trump will vacate the whitehouse before Jan 20

The dude is a fucked up bigot and always has been.

He ain’t on my side, that’s for certain.

Bill

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, drvoke said:

Oh, and another thing: Hey, bagel boys, you look ridiculous in those getups. Halloween was a month ago.

Good to see the left's anti-Semitism coming out. 

I guess it's only wrong to exercise  your right to free assembly, if you're a Jew.  God knows they didn't do anything like this to the Antifa mobs.

I wonder how long it will be before New York requires Jews to wear yellow stars again.

1 hour ago, Golfboy said:

I guess it's only wrong to exercise  your right to free assembly, if you're a Jew.  God knows they didn't do anything like this to the Antifa mobs.

I wonder how long it will be before New York requires Jews to wear yellow stars again.

I'm an unbiased hater of all religious numbskulls.

The Evangelical Election Meltdown - YouTube

It has nothing to do with anti semitism. Fucking religious yahoos always think they are the exception to the rule

Far-right nutters like you are happy to see Jews get sick and die. Yellow stars are your thing.

Bill

2 hours ago, SpyCar said:

$15,000 is a joke. There were 10,000 unmasked men packed indoors for this illegal wedding ceremony.

They should face a million dollar fine.

Either way, Drvoke is an antisemitic asshole.

Bill

Think about what you just said.   Illegal wedding?    10 million dollar fine?   I hope this isn't representative of the left.   

1 minute ago, Butthead said:

Think about what you just said.   Illegal wedding?    10 million dollar fine?   I hope this isn't representative of the left.   

I said one million. Your math seems consistently off by a factor of 10. Do you have reading issues?

Indoor gatherings were banned under emergency orders in NYC. And I’m a liberal, not a leftist.

Satmar knowingly and willingly defied  public health orders and packed an indoor space with 10,000 unmasked men. They ought to face a very massive fine. They are intentionally putting lives at risk. Not cool.

Bill

1 minute ago, JinnMartini said:

How do you  "know" someone is watching you ?

You just get that weird feeling !

And how do you know it's not ?

Not by what the experts, who keep changing their minds as we go along, say, right ?

And besides  .  .  .  all the plagues that have affected mankind  -real or been passed for-  were man-made, to subdue the populace.

In some cases it may have gotten out of hand for real  .  .  .  weren't there to evaluate, though.

And then again  .  .  .   what better weapon is there to create panic and have folks follow the most restrictive rules,  but to yell  "FIRE FIRE FIRE"  ?

Also, no stats is specifying,  of any particular day, how many dead died of old age, cancer, traffic accidents, flu, pneumonia, arson,  looting  .  .  .   or any other shit out there !

All you get fed are the  "Corona" deaths !

And, my fav :  if China   (the original spreader of the  "virus")  admittedly got it under control is a couple of weeks  .  .  .  why can't the rest of the free world do the same ?  

Tell you why  .  .  .  you bastards want to turn America into a communist autocracy !

And for this is a  "virus"  the perfect mean!

China  ALREADY  is an autocracy  .  .  .  they needed the  "virus"  only for the rest of the world  .  .  .  and all they needed to do to look innocent, was having a couple of thousand chinks die by a "virus"   -(in a population WELL on its way to TWO FUCKING BILLIONS !)-   THEY  spread around the world and then claim how good their response was !

Gimmieabreak !

You know what  .  .  .  the above won't make any sense to you  .  .  .  

ASK ME WHY !

Because you have been brainwashed to follow the agenda !

ANYTHING diverging from it  is abracadabra to you !

So you just got a weird feeling? Did you ever consider that one of them eighteen beers mighta been spoiled?

7 minutes ago, kfools said:

It's illegal to say a religious ceremony is illegal. The highest law in the land says so.

Nope. The ceremony isn’t illegal, packing in 10,000 unmasked “guests“ is illegal.

The couple could have been married following Jewish law and municipal law without putting 10,000 families and their communities and everyone interacting with those people at risk.

Shame on Satmar for their outrageous and unethical behavior.

Bill

23 hours ago, drvoke said:

a group of people standing on a sidewalk: NYPD officers speak with community members briefly outside a synagogue in the Brooklyn borough of New York.

Brooklyn synagogue that held crowded, secret wedding to be fined $15,000: Mayor de Blasio (msn.com)

(Full article at above link)

As coronavirus cases continue to surge across New York City, a Brooklyn synagogue will be slapped with a $15,000 fine for hosting a huge wedding in violation of restrictions aimed at reducing the COVID infection rate, Mayor de Blasio said Monday.

“We know there was a wedding. We know it was too big. We don’t have an exact figure, but whatever it was, it was too big,” Hizzoner said on NY1. “There appeared to be a real effort to conceal it, which is absolutely unacceptable.”

NYPD officers speak with community members briefly outside a synagogue in the Brooklyn borough of New York.  

He’d been asked about a published report describing thousands of attendees at the Nov. 8 wedding of a top rabbi’s grandson in the Yetev Lev temple in Williamsburg.

“There is going to be a summons for $15,000 immediately for that site,” de Blasio said. “And there could be additional consequences quite soon, as well. That’s just not acceptable.”

The wedding came after the state imposed a 10-person limit on private gatherings and as the city is grappling with an alarming surge in COVID cases.

Earlier Monday, de Blasio said the entire city could be declared an “orange zone” as soon as next week, shutting down non-essential businesses and putting an end to indoor dining.

“We’ve got to fight back the second wave. We still can. We get through these holidays, we have a chance to really turn the corner, but it’s up to every one of us,” he said at a press conference.

Taking It on the Nose? A Fresh Look at Cartoon Jews and Anti-Semitism -  Books - Haaretz.com

image.png

Can you be any more antisemitic? WTF is wrong with you? You are just as pathetic as the racist conservatives on this board. 

25 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

Nope. The ceremony isn’t illegal, packing in 10,000 unmasked “guests“ is illegal.

The couple could have been married following Jewish law and municipal law without putting 10,000 families and their communities and everyone interacting with those people at risk.

Shame on Satmar for their outrageous and unethical behavior.

Bill

Says who? A corrupt politician making up laws out of thin air? Fuck you and your fucking tyrannical laws.

98% over everyone who gets covid will survive. You cannot say the same thing about our republic, with you authoritarians ripping our liberties away from us. 

Just now, Redoctober said:

Says who? A corrupt politician making up laws out of thin air? Fuck you and your fucking tyrannical laws.

98% over everyone who gets covid will survive. You cannot say the same thing about our republic, with you authoritarians ripping our liberties away from us. 

No fuck you.

You super-spreader morons have fucked it up for the rest of us.

You are a death-cult.

Bill

34 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

Many of them will likely pay a far steeper price than this fine if this turns out to be a Trump style super spreader event. 

Really?  How many?

The recovery rate, according to the CDC is 99.74% and climbing.

Just now, SpyCar said:

No fuck you.

You super-spreader morons have fucked it up for the rest of us.

You are a death-cult.

Bill

LOL! You are too dumb top be a real person. You have to be a forum bot. 

They abortion guy says other people are part of a death cult. Let's see, someone who loves killing babies in the womb and someone who loves liberty. LOL!

You dumb authoritarians are destroying this once free country. 

Let's see, a few people at a wedding are screwing it up for everyone but 10's of thousands of rioters, looters, protesters over the last 6 months is ignored by you. No, you guys actually supported it. You fake piece of shit, fake American. Get out of MY country and move to France.

Clean up in basement 5. Spycar needs his diaper changed. 

36 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

Many of them will likely pay a far steeper price than this fine if this turns out to be a Trump style super spreader event. 

Why have none of you lefties said one word about the 10's of thousand of people in the streets over the summer? Your side has done this for 6 months and you have the nerve to lie that it is conservatives doing this? GFYS

2 minutes ago, Redoctober said:

LOL! You are too dumb top be a real person. You have to be a forum bot. 

They abortion guy says other people are part of a death cult. Let's see, someone who loves killing babies in the womb and someone who loves liberty. LOL!

You dumb authoritarians are destroying this once free country. 

Let's see, a few people at a wedding are screwing it up for everyone but 10's of thousands of rioters, looters, protesters over the last 6 months is ignored by you. No, you guys actually supported it. You fake piece of shit, fake American. Get out of MY country and move to France.

Clean up in basement 5. Spycar needs his diaper changed. 

Your authoritarian cult is pro-death. Never claim otherwise again, you fucking hypocrite.The jig is up on your bullshit.

Adults will be back in charge soon. Deal with it.

Bill