why Republicans hate democracy

4 minutes ago, PhilipIV said:

Right...so it isn't like you are a fan of democracy. You just consider it a useful tool to use against your enemies.

I'm a big fan of democracy. I just prefer nazis to move to another country, like maybe Russia. 

8 minutes ago, calguy said:

I'm a big fan of democracy. I just prefer nazis to move to another country, like maybe Russia. 

Well you have already basically refuted what is supposed to be the whole point of democracy.

You apparently think that people can be brainwashed to vote for anything. I tend to agree. Especially if the media and entertainment and school curriculum is control by a select people with a certain political agenda and identity. I think it can last forever in fact. After all...dont Muslims and Christians think the other have been fundamentally misled for centuries?

You also apparently seem aware that you greatest enemies exist within this democratic system. I agree with you about that. And who would want their enemies to have a vote on the destiny of a country?

You are trying to mock republicans for hating democracy

..which is actually a false claim...but you have clearly shown why democracy has fatal flaws at the same time.

Not a very clear thinker 

1 hour ago, slideman said:

They are in the business of getting folks to vote against their own interests. Eventually that fails. So they have to cheat.

I don't think that they are opposed to democracy on ideological grounds. They have to enact unpopular policy dictated by the donor class. That leads to a conflict of interest between the voters and those who call the shots

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Zaro said:

Democracy happens to be the idea behind America

The founding fathers insisted on only property owning white males having the vote.

Also many institutions excluded people because of their identity. Jews could not attend Harvard, for example 

1 minute ago, PhilipIV said:

The founding fathers insisted on only property owning white males having the vote.

Also many institutions excluded people because of their identity. Jews could not attend Harvard, for example 

That's why we have a Constitution that can be amended. Unlike the Bible, nothing is written in stone

4 minutes ago, Zaro said:

That's why we have a Constitution that can be amended. Unlike the Bible, nothing is written in stone

But you missed the point. 

Obviously the character of 'Democracy' (or democratic republic) is totally different in such circumstances.

The ballot box in the modern era is just a sort of passive aggressive race war every 4 years. People don't know anything about nor care about 'Real issues'.

That is because you made diverse people voters while setting them against each other. Is that 'Democracy'? Is that was the founders had in mind?

10 minutes ago, PhilipIV said:

That is because you made diverse people voters while setting them against each other. Is that 'Democracy'? Is that was the founders had in mind?

You best discuss this with Mariboo Boo. I don't feel like taking a shower just now

12 minutes ago, PhilipIV said:

But you missed the point. 

Obviously the character of 'Democracy' (or democratic republic) is totally different in such circumstances.

The ballot box in the modern era is just a sort of passive aggressive race war every 4 years. People don't know anything about nor care about 'Real issues'.

Just think, if you had been born 100 years earlier, you could have been proud member of the Third Riech.

1 hour ago, slideman said:

They are in the business of getting folks to vote against their own interests. Eventually that fails. So they have to cheat.

Wow....the irony. You just handed more control to bankers, corporations and the military complex. 😆

6 minutes ago, calguy said:

Just think, if you had been born 100 years earlier, you could have been proud member of the Third Riech.

I am not German. I find it amusing that every time you leftists get BTFOd you try to play the Nazi card. It's just thought termination

You have really overplayed it.

Are you suggesting the founding fathers would have supported Hitler? Perhaps they would actually...i don't know.

• Haha 1