I paid for my own College. If Biden wins and forgives student debt how much do I get. WTF

Wallco1

39 minutes ago, Wallco1 said:

Fuck these whinny man bun millennials. Go cry to momma you pussies.

Does every objection to every political stance start with a personal selfish comparison?

U guys are all the same, shouldnt it be. Wow all these poor people could get a chance to get decent education? USA USA USA

Is the only good policy the ones that only personally benefit you? America in a nut-shell

42 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Money very poorly spent, assuming that you actually attended any college.

Went in dumb, come out dumb, too.

College men,from Ell Ess You, strutting 'round 'Atlanta in their alligator shoes,

Keepin' the N*ggers down. Yeah, they keeping the n**gers down!

--Randy Newman.

You are right. Money spent on college is money poorly spent.

Don't want no short people round here --Randy Newman

1 minute ago, Wallco1 said:

And how about the dumb asses that never completed college but have huge debts. Why should the get a refund.

Many of these enrolled in colleges whose degrees were worthless and would lead to no jobs at all, and dropped out. Others were enrolled in bogus online universities that were shut down for fraud, and their credits could not be transferred to a bona fide college.

The details of refunds have yet to be worked out, in any case.

Trump himself ran a bogus "University". He was forced to refund $25,000,000 to the suckers he duped or end up in jail.

Our country would have been better off had Trump been imprisoned for fraud as well.

Just now, Redoctober said:

You are right. Money spent on college is money poorly spent.

Don't want no short people round here --Randy Newman

Money spent on college is often extremely well spent. Even though Zuckerberg, Gates and others may not have received degrees, at the university they met with other genius associates that were absolutely necessary to their success. College can be a great investment or a poor one.It depends on the college and the student. There is a whole swarm of non-college morons in this forum that know so very little they will believe any wacky conspiracy that comes along.

Trump does poorly among college grads who have actually learned something.

1 hour ago, XavierOnassis said:

Money very poorly spent, assuming that you actually attended any college.

Went in dumb, come out dumb, too.

College men,from Ell Ess You, strutting 'round 'Atlanta in their alligator shoes,

Keepin' the N*ggers down. Yeah, they keeping the n**gers down!

--Randy Newman.

It's always the same. Right-wingers freak out thinking some poor kid gets a free cheese sandwich at school

11 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Many of these enrolled in colleges whose degrees were worthless and would lead to no jobs at all, and dropped out. Others were enrolled in bogus online universities that were shut down for fraud, and their credits could not be transferred to a bona fide college.

The details of refunds have yet to be worked out, in any case.

Trump himself ran a bogus "University". He was forced to refund $25,000,000 to the suckers he duped or end up in jail.

Our country would have been better off had Trump been imprisoned for fraud as well.

Just now, kfools said:

I mean it's easy to sit in an ivory tower somebody else built.

Sir,

I can show you how to do it.

It is not that big a deal.

Work one year.....save money.

Then go to school for one year.

Community College.     Criminal Justice Degree.  (all the doors will open)

That is what I did.

Clatsop County Community College.

Astoria, OR.      "Maritime Administration".

I made straight A's.      I was 21.

They were helping young dogs like me get jobs on tow-boats and fishing-boats.

What I learned was that they did not have that many connections.

So I started walking the docks.         Asking for a job.

The 65-foot fishing boat......."The Monte Cristo".......hired me.

The North Pacific.      Winter of '79.     40ft. seas.     

It was like trying to sleep on a goddamn roller-coaster.

But  we brought the fish in.    Over & over.             

And.......we were handsomely paid.

And the older women of Astoria and Ilwaco?

You know what they do to young, macho, sailors like I was...........

Heheheheheeeeee............................😎...🍺.

@ROG62.

@XavierOnassis.

@Zaro.

@Scout.

Free higher learning is a goal we should be striving for. It is literally an investment in America's future. In wealthy countries like Dubai, young people not only go to college for free, but are given free housing. I worked a shit job to pay for my college degrees, but why should I feel jealous of younger people who may have it easier? That is a sign of progress, and one I don't begrudge anyone for.

36 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Sir,

I can show you how to do it.

It is not that big a deal.

Work one year.....save money.

Then go to school for one year.

Community College.     Criminal Justice Degree.  (all the doors will open)

That is what I did.

Clatsop County Community College.

Astoria, OR.      "Maritime Administration".

I made straight A's.      I was 21.

They were helping young dogs like me get jobs on tow-boats and fishing-boats.

What I learned was that they did not have that many connections.

So I started walking the docks.         Asking for a job.

The 65-foot fishing boat......."The Monte Cristo".......hired me.

The North Pacific.      Winter of '79.     40ft. seas.     

It was like trying to sleep on a goddamn roller-coaster.

But  we brought the fish in.    Over & over.             

And.......we were handsomely paid.

And the older women of Astoria and Ilwaco?

You know what they do to young, macho, sailors like I was...........

Heheheheheeeeee............................😎...🍺.

@ROG62.

@XavierOnassis.

@Zaro.

@Scout.

I don't really believe personal stories from people I meet online, but I never believe tales from Republicans.

I know better.  

I taught evening classes at Dade Correctional Prison for three years. It was a two hour drive or more to get there and at least an hour and a half to drive home. We graduated about 50 men in four years and most of them found jobs on release from prison. The state paid very little and the college administration took over half of that. 

Then some asshole from some rural porkchop county upstate said that he was going to recommend that young people go rob a liquor store so they too, could get free college, and the entire program was cancelled.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Scout said:

I don't really believe personal stories from people I meet online, but I never believe tales from Republicans.

I know better.  

5 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

I taught evening classes at Dade Correctional Prison for three years. It was a two hour drive or more to get there and at least an hour and a half to drive home. We graduated about 50 men in four years and most of them found jobs on release from prison. The state paid very little and the college administration took over half of that. 

Then some asshole from some rural porkchop county upstate said that he was going to recommend that young people go rob a liquor store so they too, could get free college, and the entire program was cancelled.

That is why I included you into

this conversation.................(Dufus).............

And........ I paid my own way.......all the way down the line.

It was something that my Texas father taught me.

A little something called..............."Honor & Character".                                   😎...🍺.

@kfools.

@Zaro.

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Wallco1 said:

Fuck these whinny man bun millennials. Go cry to momma you pussies.

Mirabeau had a plumber come do some work last week for an office addition.

He is 26 years old, started learning the plumbing trade right out of high school, and has invested approximately $300K, so far, in equipment.

HE is MUCH MORE deserving of a "refund" than any "gender studies" graduate!

• Thumb up 1

47 minutes ago, drvoke said:

Free higher learning is a goal we should be striving for. It is literally an investment in America's future. In wealthy countries like Dubai, young people not only go to college for free, but are given free housing. I worked a shit job to pay for my college degrees, but why should I feel jealous of younger people who may have it easier? That is a sign of progress, and one I don't begrudge anyone for.

I disagree. I too worked my ass off to support a family while I went to school. I finished paying off the loans about the time my last "real job" left the country. Now I'm bumping up against retirement (I hope/wish) and now they want me to pay for everybody else's school too? That's progress? 

No. I paid for mine and they can pay for theirs.

20 minutes ago, Mirabeau said:

Mirabeau had a plumber come do some work last week for an office addition.

He is 26 years old, started learning the plumbing trade right out of high school, and has invested approximately $300K, so far, in equipment.

HE is MUCH MORE deserving of a "refund" than any "gender studies" graduate!

Free college is just a carrot to hang in front of people to get control of them. Progressives don't want people to know they can manage their own lives.

1 hour ago, kfools said:

I mean it's easy to sit in an ivory tower somebody else built.

we all sit on some sort of tower.

Trumps ivory tower is the highest of all.

U guys complain about privilege but fail to understand that is the SAME argument BLM or other left orgs are fighting for.

Listen to the dude, he complains he had to pay for college. LOL 

How about growing up with a single mom in the projects where everyone u know has went to jail. Public schools are a mess and your only role models are gangster rappers and people in jail.

Your outlook is only viewed on your own personal issues as you could care less what happens to America.

2 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

Money spent on college is often extremely well spent. Even though Zuckerberg, Gates and others may not have received degrees, at the university they met with other genius associates that were absolutely necessary to their success. College can be a great investment or a poor one.It depends on the college and the student. There is a whole swarm of non-college morons in this forum that know so very little they will believe any wacky conspiracy that comes along.

Trump does poorly among college grads who have actually learned something.

It depends on what you are studying. Most college degrees are useless. 

You are seriously out of touch with the times, if you think not having a college degree means you are not smart. 

Look at yourself. LMAO! You call me a racist and Trump a dictator and yet you claim to be educated. LOL! You simply a wannabe intellectual, doing  you best Cliff Clavin impression on a small wacky liberal forum. 

3 minutes ago, Redoctober said:

It depends on what you are studying. Most college degrees are useless. That is not true. Engineering degrees are rarely useless, nor are medical degrees. Accounting degrees, Law degrees, teaching degrees, degrees in the sciences are not useless. Even Art history degrees are useful if you manage to get a job in an art museum.

You are seriously out of touch with the times, if you think not having a college degree means you are not smart.

Would you be smart if you had a degree?  Debatable. Sure, you can be smart. But many fields require one to be able to distinguish BS from reality. A degree in Astronomy would qualify you to work in a planetarium, a degree in astrology, well, no. No one can major in astrology in any accredited university. Can you guess why?

Look at yourself. LMAO! You call me a racist and Trump a dictator and yet you claim to be educated. LOL! You simply a wannabe intellectual, doing  you best Cliff Clavin impression on a small wacky liberal forum. 

You say racist things. I did not say Trump WAS a dictator, I said that he WANTS TO BE one. He wants to censor the press and have all that disagree with him fired. Even kneeling football players.