I just like being COLD

Perhaps I'm just "practicing" 4 that Day..

Nonetheless my heating bill only $50 and roughly $30 is just fee or Service Charge just being "Hooked UP"..

Now my Momma and Aunt were ALWAYS COLD..

Even Spring Time had the Thermostat set 75/80..

When I was a child my folks had "Electric" Heat even back in the day was Really Expen$ive..

So as children we all bundled up in snowsuits and laid on floor watching TV...

I suppose to this day sort have remembered those days..

People often ask me why I stay here..

In Florida or Texas my "Air Conditioning" probably be $3/4 hundred a Month..

Shovel my SNOW

Spent a lot of my childhood in Az.....it’s decent 7 months of the year.....and usually ridiculously hot two-three months of the year.

Funny this popped up as I was talking to a buddy while on the boat yesterday. In spite of having homes in CO and Texas.....I’ve gotten to the point where anything below 65 is getting chilly, and anything above 90 is hot. Throw in any humidity, and it has an adverse effect on both.

1 minute ago, JinnMartini said:

You better think twice  .  .  .  they don't like commies over there !

Do ya even "Know" the True Meaning of Communism or Facsism..

Basically the Bankers and Corporations get in "Bed" with GOVERNMENT in "Return" for Military Protection an "Favorable" Buisne$$ terms

4 minutes ago, Karl Childers said:

No Phoenix though that Traffic bad as Chicago or LA..

Flagstaff is a Pine Forest about 5/6 Thousand Feet up and SNOW

Flag is closer to 7,000’.

You have the Mogollon Rim cutting west to east.....base of that is about 5,000’, then vertically to 7,000’. Beautiful country.

You might consider the Payson area as it’s about 5,000’.......which is really nice year round on average.

• Thumb up 1

Also.....western snow is very different than upper Midwest or Midwest snow. Midwest, the gray overcast rolls in in November until March/April. Once cold, it pretty much stays cold and gloomy.

Out west, you can get a storm that dumps two feet, but within a day or two it’s back to beautiful blue skies until the next one or two day event. Very different from where you live.

4 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Flag is closer to 7,000’.

You have the Mogollon Rim cutting west to east.....base of that is about 5,000’, then vertically to 7,000’. Beautiful country.

You might consider the Payson area as it’s about 5,000’.......which is really nice year round on average.

Idea of "Retirement" ain't Shoveling snow Anymore

11 minutes ago, Karl Childers said:

Idea of "Retirement" ain't Shoveling snow Anymore

If I was to ever live in AZ again, I’d find somewhere at about the 4000-5000’ elevation. Not much snow, on average, and you eliminate all the 110+ degree days in the Valley of The Sun. When the lows are still triple digits.....life sucks. Could have moved back there easily a decade ago, but it only took my wife and I about 2 seconds flat to say F that.......the heat is just to much. Throw in traffic and other aspects, no thank you.

4 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

If I was to ever live in AZ again, I’d find somewhere at about the 4000-5000’ elevation. Not much snow, on average, and you eliminate all the 110+ degree days in the Valley of The Sun. When the lows are still triple digits.....life sucks. Could have moved back there easily a decade ago, but it only took my wife and I about 2 seconds flat to say F that.......the heat is just to much. Throw in traffic and other aspects, no thank you.

I live in WISCONSIN..

That's some "Snow"...and very COLD

Stashed afew Dollars away..

Just kinda "Thinking" if ya follow me

3 minutes ago, Karl Childers said:

West Texas another place I've always "considered"..

Nice People Too

Cream of crop they'd invite ya in there home too

Texas isn’t horrible. Like everywhere, it has pros and cons. Texas on average, especially west TX is freaking constant wind. Where we are, it’s also very expensive. While no state income tax, my property tax bill this year is just shy of 11k. I’m sure much cheaper in west Texas, but still probably higher than most states. Higher tax on everyday items than most places too. Everyone thinks Texas is cost efficient......and maybe it is out in BFE.....but it’s significantly more higher COL than our place in CO.

• Thumb up 1