2 DFL state senators quit caucus, become independents...

“We are not going to become Republicans. That’s not what this is about. That’s not who we are,” he said. “We’re going to do our very best to vote what’s in the best interest in our districts. Sometimes that will be be with Republicans. Sometimes that will be with Democrats.”

shouldn't that be the goal of EVERY politician?

• Thumb up 1
1 minute ago, ROG62 said:

“We are not going to become Republicans. That’s not what this is about. That’s not who we are,” he said. “We’re going to do our very best to vote what’s in the best interest in our districts. Sometimes that will be be with Republicans. Sometimes that will be with Democrats.”

shouldn't that be the goal of EVERY politician?

Exactly!

If all politicians just based votes on the best interest of the people, this country would be fine.

In order for that to happen though, we would need to eliminate political parties, and elect politicians based on merit, not which gang they support.

1 minute ago, whiteboy said:

Exactly!

If all politicians just based votes on the best interest of the people, this country would be fine.

In order for that to happen though, we would need to eliminate political parties, and elect politicians based on merit, not which gang they support.

I agree, even when I've voted in the past, I've voted for those who supported my interests, regardless of affiliation...but that's quickly fallen by the wayside as no one ever in politics votes their conscience any more...it's strictly toe the party line or be publicly chastised....fucking cowards...

• Thumb up 1