Question for Dems. Why do you back Biden. Honestly is it only because you hate Trump.

Wallco1

1 minute ago, Dontlooknow said:

I want somebody that is a straight shooter that can build a real economy. Not one propped up by the fed and deficit spending like trump. 

Too funny then you picked the wrong guy, none of his policies are geared to improve the economy. Biden himself is a criminal and it can be proven. Blackmail.

You don't know the facts buddy. You live in your own little world. I know more about economics than anybody in here buddy. Go ahead and try me buddy. 😂 😂 😂

If I said the sky was blue you would argue.  LOL

Lol you do know what qe is don't you idiot. I'm not even talking about interest rates idiot. Jesus christ what an idiot. He doesn't know what qe is. He thinks it's interest rates. 😂😂😂

Retard keeping interest rates low keeps the interest on the debt we have from overwhelming us, making money cheap to borrow helps the stock market, a temporary win win.

8 minutes ago, Dontlooknow said:

you do know what qe is

I know what it is...and it is the tool the Federal Reserve always uses to keep interest rates down.  You didn't even realize you were just mentioning to tool used to do what RayDonovan was taling about.

Besides lowering interest rates (primarily on the safest investment instruments) is can encourage investors to purchase stocks rather than bonds to get the higher returns.  That works is there aren't other forces scaring investors away from stocks.  Like...say a pandemic where governors of many states are shutting down (or severely throttling back) the economies of their states and hurting the stocks of corporations of all sizes.

4 minutes ago, Dontlooknow said:

No they were buying t bonds with it to prop up the stock market. 

I guess you didn't understand what I posted.  Hopefully you know "t bonds" are bonds issues by the federal government to fund programs and are universally considered the safest of all investments (which is why I said they usually purchase the safest investment instruments).  I also thought it was clear, especially to someone as financially intelligent as you claim to be, that action drives down the return on those safe investments.  Therefore, investors turn to equity instruments (stocks and mutual funds) for the potential higher returns.  That move on the investors part tends to push stock prices up.

While the practice of QE is seen, by those with an uniformed narrow focus, as "propping up" the market, it is actually the tool used to fight high interest rates...which also  encourages things like automobile purchases, home purchases, refinancing to increase discretionary funds for households, borrowing by corporations for expansion/modernization, etc.