News like this puts the lie to what *liberals**democRATS**progressives**leftists* claimed to be …

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/11/18/racist-classics-banned-from-schools-to-kill-a-mockingbird-huckleberry-finn-of-mice-and-men-and-others-997531

‘Racist’ classics banned from schools: ‘To Kill a Mockingbird,’ ‘Huckleberry Finn,’ ‘Of Mice and Men,’ and others

by Vivek Saxena

A number of classic novels that have long been a staple of school curriculum have been axed from California’s Burbank County because of concerns about racism.

“Until further notice, teachers in the area will not be able to include on their curriculum Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird, Mark Twain’s The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, John Steinbeck’s Of Mice and Men, Theodore Taylor’s The Cay and Mildred D. Taylor’s Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry,” Newsweek confirmed late last week.

Just saying ... B)

This has been going on for a long time in different places.

It's a shame. Mark Twain is my favorite author. Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer aren't my favorites but reading those in school is how I was introduced to the rest of his work.

I don't set much time aside these days for reading fiction but I keep a complete book of Mark Twain short stories on my night stand. Always good for a quick laugh. When my kids were young we had a blast reading them.

Before long they'll be burning books in the street.