Leftists grabbing freedom away from Americans already...

rippy38

Would you take advice from this guy, er, gal, errr whatever it is... about anything?

Pennsylvania-Health-Secretary-Rachel-Lev

Pennsylvania Tightens Mask Restrictions, Private Homes Included

Pennsylvania officials are tightening mask requirements in the Keystone State, requiring masks in instances where individuals who are not members of the same household are “present in the same space” indoors, including private residences.

Dr. Rachel Levine, Pennsylvania’s transgender health secretary, detailed the requirements in an updated order Tuesday, explaining that the virus “continues to spread” despite the mitigation efforts implemented earlier in the year. As a result, Levine is looking to universal masking as the first line of defense, claiming that “universal face coverings, even when not clinical-level masks, have been an effective mitigation strategy to prevent and control the spread of disease.”

“Pennsylvania is making people wear masks inside their homes. Ohio is making people be home by 10:00 p.m. Vermont won’t even let you have friends over. What’s next?” Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) asked.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/11/18/pennsylvania-tightens-mask-restrictions-private-homes-included/

2 hours ago, rippy38 said:

Would you take advice from this guy, er, gal, errr whatever it is... about anything?

Pennsylvania officials are tightening mask requirements in the Keystone State, requiring masks in instances where individuals who are not members of the same household are “present in the same space” indoors, including private residences.

Dr. Rachel Levine, Pennsylvania’s transgender health secretary, detailed the requirements in an updated order Tuesday, explaining that the virus “continues to spread” despite the mitigation efforts implemented earlier in the year. As a result, Levine is looking to universal masking as the first line of defense, claiming that “universal face coverings, even when not clinical-level masks, have been an effective mitigation strategy to prevent and control the spread of disease.”

“Pennsylvania is making people wear masks inside their homes. Ohio is making people be home by 10:00 p.m. Vermont won’t even let you have friends over. What’s next?” Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) asked.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/11/18/pennsylvania-tightens-mask-restrictions-private-homes-included/

I like the "grabbing" in the title

If people have guest in their homes it's smart for all concerned to wear masks.

Why don't morons seem to ever be able to grasp the basics?

How many dead Americans will it take before your death-cult is satisfied?

You are some serious sick motherfuckers.

Bill

13 hours ago, rippy38 said:

WTF?

I thought Wilford Brimley passed away ...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SpyCar said:

Bill

EXCEPT....they don't work to prevent the spread of COVID....

Masks and respirators do not work.

There have been extensive randomized controlled trial (RCT) studies, and meta-analysis reviews of RCT studies, which all show that masks and respirators do not work to prevent respiratory influenza-like illnesses, or respiratory illnesses believed to be transmitted by droplets and aerosol particles.

Furthermore, the relevant known physics and biology, which I review, are such that masks and respirators should not work. It would be a paradox if masks and respirators worked, given what we know about viral respiratory diseases: The main transmission path is long-residence-time aerosol particles (< 2.5 μm), which are too fine to be blocked, and the minimum-infective dose is smaller than one aerosol particle.

The present paper about masks illustrates the degree to which governments, the mainstream media, and institutional propagandists can decide to operate in a science vacuum, or select only incomplete science that serves their interests. Such recklessness is also certainly the case with the current global lockdown of over 1 billion people, an unprecedented experiment in medical and political history.

https://www.rcreader.com/commentary/masks-dont-work-covid-a-review-of-science-relevant-to-covide-19-social-policy

• Like 1

Oh, and there's more....

https://fee.org/articles/new-danish-study-finds-masks-don-t-protect-wearers-from-covid-infection/

The study is perhaps the best scientific evidence to date on the efficacy of masks.

To conduct the study, which ran from early April to early June, scientists at the University of Copenhagen recruited more than 6,000 participants who had tested negative for COVID-19 immediately prior to the experiment.

Half the participants were given surgical masks and instructed to wear them outside the home; the other half were instructed to not wear a mask outside the home.

Roughly 4,860 participants finished the experiment, the Times reports. The results were not encouraging.

“The researchers had hoped that masks would cut the infection rate by half among wearers. Instead, 42 people in the mask group, or 1.8 percent, got infected, compared with 53 in the unmasked group, or 2.1 percent. The difference was not statistically significant,” the Times reports.

Dr. Henning Bundgaard, lead author of the experiment and a physician at the University of Copenhagen, told the newspaper the results of his research are clear.

“Our study gives an indication of how much you gain from wearing a mask,” Bundgaard said. “Not a lot.”

7 hours ago, SpyCar said:

Bill

It might be smart to wear them. I went to see my father for the first time since this all started and we wore masks in the house. It can't hurt and it's an easy enough thing to do.

But, that's not the basics at issue here. The important basic point is that our government will never have the authority to tell us how to dress in our own homes.

Just now, rippy38 said:

Oh no?

I guess you didn't read the OP.

I did read it and I understand that the government may try but I don't think our constitution grants them that authority. I (and most people I know) will never recognize any such authority.

4 minutes ago, Michaelf said:

I did read it and I understand that the government may try but I don't think our constitution grants them that authority. I (and most people I know) will never recognize any such authority.

Then you will either go to jail and/or face a stiff fine... and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it.

Welcome to the "New" United States of America.

3 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

Then you will either go to jail and/or face a stiff fine... and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it.

Welcome to the "New" United States of America.

You're skipping a step or two. Folks who are charged with crimes still get a trial don't they?

2 minutes ago, Michaelf said:

You're skipping a step or two. Folks who are charged with crimes still get a trial don't they?

Sure... but you will still go to jail and/or have to pay the fine.

Trials are simply a formality to make you think you still have rights.

1 minute ago, rippy38 said:

Sure... but you will still go to jail and/or have to pay the fine.

Trials are simply a formality to make you think you still have rights.

Sometimes it seems that way. Are you going to comply? I wouldn't. I'll take my chances and tell them to go fuck themselves.

1 hour ago, MidnightMax said:

EXCEPT....they don't work to prevent the spread of COVID....

It's too late for the truth now.  You're asking everyone who has been fooled to admit that they've been fooled.  That's not likely to happen.  Those who are incapable of critical thinking will not acknowledge any of the studies that prove them and their heroes wrong.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bard said:

It's too late for the truth now.  You're asking everyone who has been fooled to admit that they've been fooled.  That's not likely to happen.  Those who are incapable of critical thinking will not acknowledge any of the studies that prove them and their heroes wrong.

Pride before the fall.

The very ones backing this authoritarian philosophy, will be the first ones screaming bloody murder when it starts affecting them.