Chicago Mayor Goes After Weddings and Funerals But Defends Massive Election Party

Chicago mayor Lori Lightfoot (D.) on Friday expressed dismay that people are "still" meeting in private spaces but defended her choice to appear without a mask at a giant gathering of Joe Biden supporters.  Lightfoot justified the flouting of social distancing guidelines by telling MSNBC's Stephanie Ruhle that "everyone was wearing masks"—a claim disproved by Lightfoot's own video—and saying Saturday's celebration came at a time "when we actually do need to have relief and come together." The mayor tweeted a video of her partying with other Biden supporters and telling them, "You should absolutely celebrate this victory and savor every minute of it."

Lightfoot drew ire for flouting state lockdown regulations in April by getting a haircut.  In a public service announcement, she had explicitly told Chicagoans that "getting your roots done" was not essential, but she said that didn't apply to her because she is "the public face of this city.  I'm on national media and I'm out in the public eye," Lightfoot told reporters in April.  "I take my personal hygiene very seriously.  I felt like I needed to have a haircut. I'm not able to do that myself, and so, I got a haircut."

1 hour ago, Old Mack said:

Chicago mayor Lori Lightfoot (D.) on Friday expressed dismay that people are "still" meeting in private spaces but defended her choice to appear without a mask at a giant gathering of Joe Biden supporters.  Lightfoot justified the flouting of social distancing guidelines by telling MSNBC's Stephanie Ruhle that "everyone was wearing masks"—a claim disproved by Lightfoot's own video—and saying Saturday's celebration came at a time "when we actually do need to have relief and come together." The mayor tweeted a video of her partying with other Biden supporters and telling them, "You should absolutely celebrate this victory and savor every minute of it."

Lightfoot drew ire for flouting state lockdown regulations in April by getting a haircut.  In a public service announcement, she had explicitly told Chicagoans that "getting your roots done" was not essential, but she said that didn't apply to her because she is "the public face of this city.  I'm on national media and I'm out in the public eye," Lightfoot told reporters in April.  "I take my personal hygiene very seriously.  I felt like I needed to have a haircut. I'm not able to do that myself, and so, I got a haircut."

That weird little bitch needs to be arrested for violation of Govt mandated COVID restrictions.

She is not above the law.

8 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

That weird little bitch needs to be arrested for violation of Govt mandated COVID restrictions.

She is not above the law.

Hey Rippy!  Got a good article on face diapers.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/11/16/masks-are-destroying-the-social-fabric/?fbclid=IwAR3eo8okJdolTWnVcOoXolOvSkrGJ-YKpe1Gxd079WDQEMNsf3u-CM64NJI

5 hours ago, SootedUpCyndi said:

Hey Rippy!  Got a good article on face diapers.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/11/16/masks-are-destroying-the-social-fabric/?fbclid=IwAR3eo8okJdolTWnVcOoXolOvSkrGJ-YKpe1Gxd079WDQEMNsf3u-CM64NJI

Yep, I have read several pieces that make a similar case... that mask mandates usher in a "faceless" society" in that people quit seeing strangers as actual people and more like NPCs in a video game, or, less than human.

When everyone is forced to cover their faces, they are less individual, and just become one of the herd thus easier to control.

29 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

Yep, I have read several pieces that make a similar case... that mask mandates usher in a "faceless" society" in that people quit seeing strangers as actual people and more like NPCs in a video game, or, less than human.

When everyone is forced to cover their faces, they are less individual, and just become one of the herd thus easier to control.

In a way it is similar to acting differently online than one would in person. Not completely, but with everyone in a mask it does have a video game NPC feel. I wonder if crime will go up based on the perception change of a masked society.