Jump to content

Prez Ignorant...."That's all I hear about now… 'Covid, Covid, Covid, Covid.' By the way, on November 4, you won't hear about it anymore."


Recommended Posts

Dr. Peter Hotez, who serves as the dean of tropical medicine at Baylor University’s School of Medicine warned on CNN that the United States is so overwhelmed with COVID-19 that it is approaching a humanitarian crisis.

 

Sunday marked the 12th day in a row in which the United States had over 125,000 new infections of the coronavirus in the country. The past week shows the increasing spike getting worse. Things have gotten so bad that Doctors without Borders, which normally helps with medical access in the third world, has dispatched physicians to the U.S.

 

“It’s more than just heading in the wrong direction,” said Dr. Hotez. “We are on the verge of a humanitarian catastrophe approaching potentially 400,000 Americans who could perish by the early part of next year. Let’s look at where we’ll be in January when the formal transition takes place: 2,000 to 2,500 Americans will be dying every day, those are the projections.”

 

 

He explained that those numbers mean the coronavirus could become the “single leading caused of death in the United States on a daily basis.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What do you think President Trump should do? Biden said...well if you just tell everybody to wear the mask. Well we've been told and the virus hasn't gone away yet.

 

We have two vaccines about ready to be distributed. Please tell us what you think Trump should be doing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trump supporters attack the host of their own rally for trying to enforce COVID-19 guidelines

Chaos erupted at a pro-Trump rally in Wisconsin this past weekend when supporters of the president grew angry at the rally’s host for trying to enforce restrictions intended to stop the spread of the novel coronavirus.

 

Local news station Fox 6 Now reports both public health inspectors and the general manager of the venue hosting the rally were shoved by angry Trump supporters after they tried to enforce masking and social distancing guidelines at the rally.

 

“The COVID-19 guidelines for political events include a maximum of 100 people who must be sitting down and wearing a mask if they are on bar or restaurant property — something many were not doing on Saturday,” Fox 6 Now reports.

 

 

When the general manager urged people to remain seated to stay in compliance with health guidelines, the crowd turned angry, and the general managed wound up being shoved to the ground.

 

“One gentlemen rushed me and pushed me and twisted the microphone out of my hand and as he was moving away, pushed me again, and so I attempted to get the microphone back and grabbed, him and at that point, a number of people in the crowd pushed me to the ground and started kicking me,” Serb Hall general manager Nicholas Alioto told local news outlet WISN.

 

“When our health inspector goes to check on the accountability and the crowd turns on him, that’s wrong,” said Milwaukee Alderman Borkowski.

 

Police tell Fox 6 Now that a 17-year-old boy was arrested for shoving multiple people during the rally, although they did not go into details over whether this was the same person who attacked public health officials.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Michaelf said:

What do you think President Trump should do? Biden said...well if you just tell everybody to wear the mask. Well we've been told and the virus hasn't gone away yet.

 

We have two vaccines about ready to be distributed. Please tell us what you think Trump should be doing?

 

Being honest and/or correct would have been a good start. The United States is handling this virus incredibly poorly. There's a reason for that. Want to guess what it is?

 

Republicans just need to learn how to be honest with reality. Back when I was a right-winger I totally would have copped to being willing to accept more deaths for liberty and for economic power. I wasn't a coward. And maybe you're not. Are you willing to cop to the same?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, CarlMenger said:

 

Being honest and/or correct would have been a good start. The United States is handling this virus incredibly poorly. There's a reason for that. Want to guess what it is?

 

Republicans just need to learn how to be honest with reality. Back when I was a right-winger I totally would have copped to being willing to accept more deaths for liberty and for economic power. I wasn't a coward. And maybe you're not. Are you willing to cop to the same?

If "dishonesty" caused a problem it was the dishonesty of the WHO and the CCP.

 

Aside from the fact that people in this country are free to engage in potentially risky behavior there was nothing wrong with the way the virus was handled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Michaelf said:

If "dishonesty" caused a problem it was the dishonesty of the WHO and the CCP.

 

Aside from the fact that people in this country are free to engage in potentially risky behavior there was nothing wrong with the way the virus was handled.

 

Would you be willing to accept millions of deaths to defend this particular freedom? Tens of millions? How many? Is there no line?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, FivebyFive said:

So you think the Trump rallies were just fine??

 

That was absolutely ludicrous behavior encouraged by the orange dimwit

 

Wisconsin is getting crushed by COVID. Everywhere he went a surge followed

 

 

I wouldn't go to a rally but other people should do what they think best. I'm pretty sure those surges you're talking about were caused by antifi and BLM anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, CarlMenger said:

 

Would you be willing to accept millions of deaths to defend this particular freedom? Tens of millions? How many? Is there no line?

Which freedom are you talking about?  

 

Edit: But liberty is more important than safety. The world has always been dangerous and there's always been somebody trying to scare you into letting them make your decisions for you...in the interest of your "safety".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Michaelf said:

Which freedom are you talking about?  

 

I'll give you two levels of freedom infringement:

 

How many lives can be sacrificed to enjoy the freedom to not wear masks?

How about the freedom to go to bars or gyms?

 

6 hours ago, Michaelf said:

 

Edit: But liberty is more important than safety. The world has always been dangerous and there's always been somebody trying to scare you into letting them make your decisions for you...in the interest of your "safety".

 

We do give up some liberty for safety all the time. For example, the freedom to build (and as a result to purchase) unsafe vehicles. What rubric would you use to determine the line of demarcation?

 

Me? I look at Italy earlier this year and I say: Fuck yes, close the bars and gyms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, CarlMenger said:

 

I'll give you two levels of freedom infringement:

 

How many lives can be sacrificed to enjoy the freedom to not wear masks?

How about the freedom to go to bars or gyms?

 

 

We do give up some liberty for safety all the time. For example, the freedom to build (and as a result to purchase) unsafe vehicles. What rubric would you use to determine the line of demarcation?

 

Me? I look at Italy earlier this year and I say: Fuck yes, close the bars and gyms.

The question should be "When is it ok for the government to limit freedoms?"

 

In a nut shell it's usually considered within government's purview to restrain one person from causing harm to another...so we don't let you drive your car on the sidewalk. It's not the government's job to protect you from yourself...you can go tight rope walking without a net if you want to.

 

Personally I think it might be reasonable to require masks in indoor public places. Your right to a freedom stops at the end of my nose. You don't necessarily have a right to breath in my face.

 

Bars and gyms aren't public places. They're private property. It should be up to the owner. I don't want to go to a bar but I'm not out to destroy the bar owner either.

 

As a practical matter I've owned a business. I5 years ago I paid $1000/month for my little store front and all the insurance to go with it. I wouldn't have survived very long if I was closed. If a bar owner can sell a few bottles of beer and survive that's ok with me. I don't see the people drinking in that bar aren't any special danger to me.

 

You are free to stay home and away from any public place for as long as you like. You can necessarily force me to do it...not in this country.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...