Amazon opens online pharmacy that delivers prescriptions

10 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

Did Trump bring any manufacturing back? Any? 

Your second paragraph might be better directed towards your pals in the circle jerk club. They love that conspiratorial bullshit. 🙄

Frankly, not sure if he did or did not. My position is the genie left the bottle with the horrendous decision of NAFTA. Did Trump try addressing incredibly imbalanced trade deficits? Seems pretty clear he did, which is something all predecessors said they would....but not one did.

As far as the second part....I have little doubt China Joe will heavily tilt the table in his boss, Comrade Xi’s favor. In fact, I’d pretty much bet the house on it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will drive a lot of companies out of business. BUT, it is good for consumers. If Bezos ran for POTUS, I would vote for him. This guy gets the job done. I hope he doesn't run, though, because he i

Ok, I see some logic in that aspect I suppose. In the end, however, Amazon is the ultimate business killer. Whether by directly putting companies out of business, or by swallowing them up....at their

Did Trump bring any manufacturing back? Any?    Your second paragraph might be better directed towards your pals in the circle jerk club. They love that conspiratorial bullshit. 🙄

9 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Frankly, not sure if he did or did not. My position is the genie left the bottle with the horrendous decision of NAFTA. Did Trump try addressing incredibly imbalanced trade deficits? Seems pretty clear he did, which is something as all predecessors said they would....but not one did.

As far as the second part....I have little doubt China Joe will heavily tilt the table in his boss, Comrade Xi’s favor. In fact, I’d pretty much bet the house on it.

NAFTA was the North America Free Trade Agreement. It had nothing to do with China. I thought everybody understood that. I thought wrong. When Trump blamed it for the trade deficit with China, his vacuous followers bought it.  🙄

Again, save the bullshit for your next cult masturbatory service. I’m sure they’ll lap it up — so to speak. 

Have you donated to the grifter’s legal fund so that he can divert the fund to his fake leadership PAC? 

21 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

NAFTA was the North America Free Trade Agreement. It had nothing to do with China. I thought everybody understood that. I thought wrong. When Trump blamed it for the trade deficit with China, his vacuous followers bought it.  🙄

Again, save the bullshit for your next cult masturbatory service. I’m sure they’ll lap it up — so to speak. 

Have you donated to the grifter’s legal fund so that he can divert the fund to his fake leadership PAC? 

Ya, you are wrong. NAFTA set the precedent to the principle of it’s ok to move manufacturing and all those middle class jobs out of the US in the institutional chase for the almighty dollar. You’re either short sighted on that, of it’s just more political driven BS. Once the genie is out of the bottle, it’s virtually impossible to put it back in. 

15 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Ya, you are wrong. NAFTA set the precedent to the principle of it’s ok to move manufacturing and all those middle class jobs out of the US in the institutional chase for the almighty dollar. You’re either short sighted on that, of it’s just more political driven BS. Once the genie is out of the bottle, it’s virtually impossible to put it back in. 

You seem confused. NAFTA started as the FTA with Canada. It was primarily a mechanism that guaranteed access to Canadian oil. GW brought Mexico in and called it NAFTA. At no time was the agreement extended to include Asia. 

You’ll need more than twisted logic to defend the bizarre assertion that one trade agreement with Canada led to China becoming a manufacturing powerhouse. We have been losing manufacturing jobs to Asia for a long time. In the 80s it was all about Japan stealing our jobs.  China is the latest bugaboo. 

3 hours ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

The OP and I are discussing principles, not checkout lines. You wouldn’t understand “professor”.

I was referring to your incorrect statement that I somehow hated WalMart . I do not.

I don't see where there is any principle here,as the local  pharmacies and other ma and pa businesses  no longer exist. Maybe they do in small  towns.

I doubt that Amazon is going to force WalMart out of business, and of course this hardly matters.

19 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

You seem confused. NAFTA started as the FTA with Canada. It was primarily a mechanism that guaranteed access to Canadian oil. GW brought Mexico in and called it NAFTA. At no time was the agreement extended to include Asia.

I know exactly how and when NAFTA originated. None of which has made it a positive for our manufacturing sector and its former employees. 

Additionally, I never said the agreement extended to Asia, that would be you poorly attempting to put words in my mouth. I DID say NAFTA set the precedent for exporting manufacturing and their related jobs. Is it your position it didn’t set that precedent?

19 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

You’ll need more than twisted logic to defend the bizarre assertion that one trade agreement with Canada led to China becoming a manufacturing powerhouse. We have been losing manufacturing jobs to Asia for a long time. In the 80s it was all about Japan stealing our jobs.  China is the latest bugaboo. 

Again.....YOU said that, not me. You look like an idiot when you attempt to put words in someone else’s mouth, because what I said is right in front of you to read. 

12 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

I was referring to your incorrect statement that I somehow hated WalMart . I do not.

I don't see where there is any principle here,as the local  pharmacies and other ma and pa businesses  no longer exist. Maybe they do in small  towns.

I doubt that Amazon is going to force WalMart out of business, and of course this hardly matters.

Hey dummy.......sorry, “professor”.....the conversation you stuck your nose into was between myself and the OP.....not you. I didn’t say anything to you about your like or dislike of WalMart in my short response......I simply could care less.

What’s with you emotional twerps, to where you butt into other peoples conversations - and somehow think it’s all about you? I’m beginning to think you missed out on the Y chromosome.......”dude”.

37 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

I know exactly how and when NAFTA originated. None of which has made it a positive for our manufacturing sector and its former employees. 

Additionally, I never said the agreement extended to Asia, that would be you poorly attempting to put words in my mouth. I DID say NAFTA set the precedent for exporting manufacturing and their related jobs. Is it your position it didn’t set that precedent?

Again.....YOU said that, not me. You look like an idiot when you attempt to put words in someone else’s mouth, because what I said is right in front of you to read. 

Belligerence does not excuse your errors.  You’re attempting to defend the bizarre assertion that NAFTA led to outsourced manufacturing, even though Asian competition was a challenge long before NAFTA came into effect. 

Peddle your partisan bullshit at the low information club that you and your pals inhabit. I ain’t buying it, no matter how childish your tantrum. 

6 hours ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Ok, I see some logic in that aspect I suppose. In the end, however, Amazon is the ultimate business killer. Whether by directly putting companies out of business, or by swallowing them up....at their present pace - there will be few places to buy things from 50 years from now as they will have completely monopolized the country via business. If you look at them, there isn’t much they’re not into, or looking to get into at this point. How wise is it to have a single entity so vast?

Maybe I’m just too old school. I used to enjoy going to local stores, started by people that invested in the American dream. Employed people that enjoyed their owners and enjoyed their jobs. Many of those employees would eventually roll the dice and start their own business in the same sector, just a different geographical area.....and the dream snowballed and grew a nation of small businesses. These days, and more so moving forward, the dream of self determination is either rapidly evaporating or simply gone. 

I agree on many of your points, but I don't see how the trend can be stopped. My uncle owned his own electronics and appliance store until he was driven out of business by Circuit City. Then they were driven out by Best Buy. I used to love going to old bookstores, but the internet put them ALL out of business in my area.  

"... the dream of self determination is either rapidly evaporating or simply gone."  Sad but true.

7 hours ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Ok, I see some logic in that aspect I suppose. In the end, however, Amazon is the ultimate business killer. Whether by directly putting companies out of business, or by swallowing them up....at their present pace - there will be few places to buy things from 50 years from now as they will have completely monopolized the country via business. If you look at them, there isn’t much they’re not into, or looking to get into at this point. How wise is it to have a single entity so vast?

Maybe I’m just too old school. I used to enjoy going to local stores, started by people that invested in the American dream. Employed people that enjoyed their owners and enjoyed their jobs. Many of those employees would eventually roll the dice and start their own business in the same sector, just a different geographical area.....and the dream snowballed and grew a nation of small businesses. These days, and more so moving forward, the dream of self determination is either rapidly evaporating or simply gone. 

A lot of businesses sell thru Amazon as well...it's a virtual consignment shop...

15 hours ago, drvoke said:

Why Amazon bought PillPack for $753 million and what happens next

This will drive a lot of companies out of business. BUT, it is good for consumers. If Bezos ran for POTUS, I would vote for him. This guy gets the job done. I hope he doesn't run, though, because he is doing too good a job changing commerce for the better.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/amazon-opens-online-pharmacy-that-delivers-prescriptions/ar-BB1b5IH2?ocid=msedgntp

(Full article at above link)

Now sold on Amazon: insulin, inhalers and other prescription drugs — all with two-day delivery for members of the ecommerce company's Prime shopping club.

Amazon's new online pharmacy, which opens Tuesday, lets users buy their medication and order refills on their phones or other devices and have it delivered to their doorsteps in a couple of days, just like a book or toilet paper. The move propels Amazon into a new business, potentially shaking up the pharmacy industry as it has done to everything from book sellers to toy stores and grocers. 

Big chains like CVS and Walgreens rely on their pharmacies to bring them a steady flow of shoppers who stop by frequently to pick up their medications. But Amazon is also debuting the service amid the coronavirus pandemic, which is sparking consumer demand for online deliveries.

Shares of drugstore chains sank in pre-market trading, with CVS dropping about 9% and Walgreens slumping 12%. Amazon shares rose 2.6%.

Price comparisons

Amazon said it will offer commonly prescribed drugs starting Tuesday, including creams, pills, as well as medications that need to stay cold, like insulin. Shoppers have to set up a profile on Amazon's website and have doctors send prescriptions to the company.

Amazon said its customers will be able to research and compare medications, including branded and generic versions, while also checking the price without insurance, their insurance co-pay or the price through a new Prime prescription savings benefit. 

Most insurance is accepted, Amazon said. But Prime members who don't have insurance can also buy generic or brand name drugs from Amazon for a discount, which the company said will be up to  80% off for generic medications and up to 40% off brand name medications.

"We work hard behind the scenes to handle complications seamlessly so anyone who needs a prescription can understand their options, place their order for the lowest available price, and have their medication delivered quickly," said TJ Parker, vice president of Amazon Pharmacy, in a statement.

Amazon has eyed the health care industry for some time. Two years ago, it spent $750 million to buy online pharmacy PillPack, which organizes medication in packets by what time and day they need to be taken. Amazon said that PillPack will continue, focusing on shipping medication to people with chronic conditions.

Investors have misdiagnosed Amazon's push into the pharmacy business -  MarketWatch

You just refuted the entirety of liberal philosophy without realizing it

7 hours ago, drvoke said:

Not as long as there are anti-trust and labor laws, and proper taxation policies.

I agree, but all these laws need to be updated.

I do not think that a business that has lower prices and greater convenience will be harmed by people with what LaughingatLefty calls "principles".

8 hours ago, drvoke said:

Not as long as there are anti-trust and labor laws, and proper taxation policies.

No you missed what I meant.

I personally reject liberalism because I consider the role of the state is to simply kill its enemies. It's about existential threats. The 'Ruler' of a state is simply someone who kills.

The liberal seems to think that the role of the state is to be ethical and prosperous....and They assume their own ethical supremacy.

You admit bezos is a better merchant than killer. But You would still vote for him.

Talk about unproductive ideas about the role of government.

• 4 months later...

The idea is good, but it will crash a lot of pharmacies and many people will loose their jobs. Anyway, they're just at the beginning of their path, so no one knows how they'll evolve. Since now, I've been ordering all my supplements and medicines from an online pharmacy that doesn't require any prescription. So, I don't think that I'll switch to Amazon, as long as it demands a prescription. I buy Anavar and Oxydrolone very often, so it's not convenient at all, because my bodybuilding career depends on them. You can still use them if you want to burn fat, more info about Anavar here on www.alaskacenterfornaturalmedicine.com. However, it's up to you where to buy your medicines.

On 11/17/2020 at 9:10 AM, drvoke said:

Why Amazon bought PillPack for $753 million and what happens next

This will drive a lot of companies out of business. BUT, it is good for consumers. If Bezos ran for POTUS, I would vote for him. This guy gets the job done. I hope he doesn't run, though, because he is doing too good a job changing commerce for the better.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/amazon-opens-online-pharmacy-that-delivers-prescriptions/ar-BB1b5IH2?ocid=msedgntp

(Full article at above link)

Now sold on Amazon: insulin, inhalers and other prescription drugs — all with two-day delivery for members of the ecommerce company's Prime shopping club.

Amazon's new online pharmacy, which opens Tuesday, lets users buy their medication and order refills on their phones or other devices and have it delivered to their doorsteps in a couple of days, just like a book or toilet paper. The move propels Amazon into a new business, potentially shaking up the pharmacy industry as it has done to everything from book sellers to toy stores and grocers. 

Big chains like CVS and Walgreens rely on their pharmacies to bring them a steady flow of shoppers who stop by frequently to pick up their medications. But Amazon is also debuting the service amid the coronavirus pandemic, which is sparking consumer demand for online deliveries.

Shares of drugstore chains sank in pre-market trading, with CVS dropping about 9% and Walgreens slumping 12%. Amazon shares rose 2.6%.

Price comparisons

Amazon said it will offer commonly prescribed drugs starting Tuesday, including creams, pills, as well as medications that need to stay cold, like insulin. Shoppers have to set up a profile on Amazon's website and have doctors send prescriptions to the company.

Amazon said its customers will be able to research and compare medications, including branded and generic versions, while also checking the price without insurance, their insurance co-pay or the price through a new Prime prescription savings benefit. 

Most insurance is accepted, Amazon said. But Prime members who don't have insurance can also buy generic or brand name drugs from Amazon for a discount, which the company said will be up to  80% off for generic medications and up to 40% off brand name medications.

"We work hard behind the scenes to handle complications seamlessly so anyone who needs a prescription can understand their options, place their order for the lowest available price, and have their medication delivered quickly," said TJ Parker, vice president of Amazon Pharmacy, in a statement.

Amazon has eyed the health care industry for some time. Two years ago, it spent $750 million to buy online pharmacy PillPack, which organizes medication in packets by what time and day they need to be taken. Amazon said that PillPack will continue, focusing on shipping medication to people with chronic conditions.

Investors have misdiagnosed Amazon's push into the pharmacy business -  MarketWatch

I already get my in the mail free 

Amazon has everything. I don’t buy anything off of Amazon. Ever. I love to shop and have instant gratification. 
plus , I don’t trust my neighbors with my packages . 

2 hours ago, Imgreatagain said:

Amazon has everything. I don’t buy anything off of Amazon. Ever. I love to shop and have instant gratification. 
plus , I don’t trust my neighbors with my packages . 

I can't say I care for your attitude. When I was taking psych tests for various police departments, one of the questions on the battery was "What percentage of people do you think steal?" People who selected a larger number were considered dishonest because they viewed everyone else as thinking like themselves. You're busted. You gave the game away and are too ignorant to realize it.

6 minutes ago, drvoke said:

I can't say I care for your attitude. When I was taking psych tests for various police departments, one of the questions on the battery was "What percentage of people do you think steal?" People who selected a larger number were considered dishonest because they viewed everyone else as thinking like themselves. You're busted. You gave the game away and are too ignorant to realize it.

Hey. You know why I think my neighbors will steal from me? BECAUSE THEY ALREADY HAVE! 
my attitude is warranted .