Should I judge the morals of all Republicans as the same as Trump based on their worship of him?

1 hour ago, jefftec said:

To your credit, you aligned me with distinguished company.

To your dis-credit, what we said is the problem.

...and by the way, I would rather have been at Trump rally versus a supporter-repellent Biden rally. 

Not me.  

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Incredibly valid question.

Do what you think is best and then own the consequences. Also realize what you do just doesn't matter very much to the rest of the world.

1 hour ago, jefftec said:

To your credit, you aligned me with distinguished company.

To your dis-credit, what we said is the problem.

...and by the way, I would rather have been at Trump rally versus a supporter-repellent Biden rally. 

Let's face it, I have seen the people that attend Trump rallies.  You would fit in well there with your lack of character and morals --- THUS PROVING the premise of the OP has GREAT MERIT.  

59 minutes ago, jrock2310 said:

I can almost forgive those who voted trump in 2016.  Perhaps they were starry-eyed over the idea of a non-politician, so-called business mogul running the country they ignored his layers of ineptitude.  His forward, brash, tell it like it is demeanor when in reality, a hallmark of transparency is generally honesty.  trump is easily one of the most dishonest & fraudulent humans ever;  forget POTUS’.  

But those who still side w/ trump in 2020...  Well that’s just character assassination.  

I have a completely different take.  I have never voted for a candidate for ANY office at ANY level based on their character.  I guess if I had to choose between two candidates with the exact same positions on every issue, the exact same background/experience, etc., I might consider their character...but you will never fine two people competing for the same position who are exactly the same.  You see, I am voting for someone who; shares most of my positions on issues, wants to attempt to accomplish what I want to see accomplished, wants to stop the things I want to see stopped, will attempt to hold people accountable and (for President) will appoint the types of people to the bench I prefer be appointed.  I also understand that, unless something can be accomplished via EO, any President will only deliver on the promises Congress allows him to deliver on.  So I look at the candidates with a realistic chance of winning the election, and vote for the one that fits the above.  That person may not have been my preferred candidate at the start of the process, but will usually be the one that will move in the direction I want things moved on the issues important to me at that time.

I don't look to a political office holder at any level for guidance on matters of ethics, morals or religious leadership any more than I look to our pastor for guidance on political matters.  You may...that is certainly your choice.

31 minutes ago, Scout said:

You do say that.  Or your cohorts do.  But Dems do not so much --- you all own more of that "broad brush" thing.  

I remember how widely the President you worship used that brush --- the 'all Mexicans are rapist' brush.

You never objected to the brush then, so I won't take your complaints about my BULLSEYE! question seriously now.

I would NEVER have voted for Bill Clinton had I known about the Lewinski deal. 

But the people that vote for Trump were more likely to support him the more corruption

was exposed about him.  I think it is QUITE LOGICAL of me to assume that THAT is because

you run your own lives by the same rules.   Please give me other reasons that you ignored

Trump's DEEP AND INFINITE CHARACTER FLAWS.   And don't blame it on Hillary.....YOU HAD

18 other Republicans to choose from at the polls.  

I’ve yet to see you hit a bullseye”, if you do - I’ll acknowledge it.

To wit, you’re well off the mark with the whole childish “POTUS you worship” garbage, that’s the amateur broad brushstrokes type of aspect I reference. One can not like the person while approving of some of his policies. In fact, that’s undoubtedly true for most people with most Presidents.

29 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

I have a completely different take.  I have never voted for a candidate for ANY office at ANY level based on their character.  I guess if I had to choose between two candidates with the exact same positions on every issue, the exact same background/experience, etc., I might consider their character...but you will never fine two people competing for the same position who are exactly the same.  You see, I am voting for someone who; shares most of my positions on issues, wants to attempt to accomplish what I want to see accomplished, wants to stop the things I want to see stopped, will attempt to hold people accountable and (for President) will appoint the types of people to the bench I prefer be appointed.  I also understand that, unless something can be accomplished via EO, any President will only deliver on the promises Congress allows him to deliver on.  So I look at the candidates with a realistic chance of winning the election, and vote for the one that fits the above.  That person may not have been my preferred candidate at the start of the process, but will usually be the one that will move in the direction I want things moved on the issues important to me at that time.

I don't look to a political office holder at any level for guidance on matters of ethics, morals or religious leadership any more than I look to our pastor for guidance on political matters.  You may...that is certainly your choice.

A lot of old Germans would agree with you. They just wanted their trains to run on time

• Thumb up 1
21 hours ago, Scout said:

Seriously, should I?

Are they all liars and thieves covering for one another? 

Do not judge all Republicans by tRump’s vileness. There were and are millions of decent republicans. 

do, however, judge the republican PARTY as vile as long as the party embraces tRumps vileness. 

3 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

To wit, you’re well off the mark with the whole childish “POTUS you worship” garbage, that’s the amateur broad brushstrokes type of aspect I reference. One can not like the person while approving of some of his policies. In fact, that’s undoubtedly true for most people with most Presidents.

come on... you KNOW that there are some SERIOUS clown worshippers here.  @EltonJohnson has said, on numerous occasions, that he believes the clown is the greatest president since Lincoln and, most recently, since Washington.  

How can anyone whose blinders are strapped on that tightly with that pinched and narrow a point of view deserve anything but derisive laughter from everyone else - you included.

Seriously?  The clown couldn't even REPEAL Obamacare, let alone replace it.  Beyond three SCOTUS justices, and a deficit exploding tax cut, what has he accomplished beyond EO's that will be universally wiped off the ledger on day one of Biden's watch????

15 minutes ago, maineman said:

come on... you KNOW that there are some SERIOUS clown worshippers here.  @EltonJohnson has said, on numerous occasions, that he believes the clown is the greatest president since Lincoln and, most recently, since Washington.  

How can anyone whose blinders are strapped on that tightly with that pinched and narrow a point of view deserve anything but derisive laughter from everyone else - you included.

Seriously?  The clown couldn't even REPEAL Obamacare, let alone replace it.  Beyond three SCOTUS justices, and a deficit exploding tax cut, what has he accomplished beyond EO's that will be universally wiped off the ledger on day one of Biden's watch????

Of course there are some who do that regarding Trump (or those on your side of the fence that do the same with their folks/agenda). But that broad brushstroke doesn’t encompass me. I think they’re all clowns and puppets. I’m a fundamental systems, Constitution and rule of law guy. Hell, when Obozo campaigned on “raising the National Debt is unpatriotic”, I thought (initially) we may have something viable here.....we saw how that worked out.

As far as Obozocare, my position has always been clear and concise. Obozocare is a complete joke, within an existing system that is systemically very flawed. It ALL needs to go down the shitter and be rebuilt from the ground up. Trump having absolutely zero plan is one of his numerous fuck ups....tweeting BS isn’t a plan.

Point is, in regards to this Op....right there are two highly fundamental differences that clearly demonstrate the flawed base principle of this OP, and her follow up, to be that “pinched and narrow view” you accurately referenced in your response. One ignorant brushstroke does not fit all, regardless which side of the fence one may sit.

3 hours ago, Olivaw said:

I must confess to thinking less of people when I learn that they support Donald Trump. 

This was never previously the case. GW Bush was a poor president but he meant well. It was possible to still respect those who supported him. Trump is a rotten SOB. Those who support him are either too stupid to see it or too self absorbed to care. 

I know exactly what you mean.  Trump is so low on the morality totem pole that I can find no merit to a person that voted for him.  They HAVE to be a person

of terrible LOW morals themselves.  A GOOD person would NEVER vote for 

Trump.  EVER.  

1 hour ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

No.  Trump voters are a CULT.  You are definitely WORSHIPPERS of that man.

And you think he is terrific.  Which can only mean you are just as immoral as him. 

1 hour ago, theLion said:

Do not judge all Republicans by tRump’s vileness. There were and are millions of decent republicans. 

do, however, judge the republican PARTY as vile as long as the party embraces tRumps vileness. 

I think the only GOOD Republicans left the party when Trump got the nomination.

A good part of them became the highly effective anti-Trump Lincoln Project that

helped defeat Trump.  

15 minutes ago, Scout said:

No.  Trump voters are a CULT.  You are definitely WORSHIPPERS of that man.

And you think he is terrific.  Which can only mean you are just as immoral as him. 

Once again, as usual, you’re trying to justify YOUR ignorance by putting YOUR words in other peoples mouths.....a sure sign of plain ole’ stupid.

Did I vote for Trump? Yes. Do I like Trump the person? No, and I’ve been 100% consistent on that for four years. Do I agree with some of his policies/ actions? Yes. Do I disagree with some of his policies/actions? Yes. 

Can’t dummy it down much more than that for you, and those are MY words which have been consistent from the start of this administration.

2 hours ago, BatteryPowered said:

So did you vote for trump bcus you had a burning passion for an embassy in Jerusalem?  

Millionaires & Billionaires tax cut?

$19B bailout for his failed trade war?

Civil unrest?

Backing out or reneging on numerous bi-partisan treaties & conventions.  Some of which took decades of careful & methodical diplomacy?

Repairing old boarder wall - which isn't very effective considering most immigrants are lapsed visas?

Prison reform where he early released inmates who were already set to be released?  

Supreme Court?  ... not really an accomplishment rather than a product of timing & circumstance.  

Space Force?   🤣🤣🤣

Reshaping the fed judiciary?  Again... another example of conventional chance.  Most presidents fill vacant seats.  trump just so happened to fill them at rates faster than any other potus.  Likely at the request of his party affiliates.  

Short of his character... I don’t know a single position trump holds that most fervent conservatives don’t.  From the begining all we heard was he was an outsider... outsider outsider outsider!  
Most of his so-called “accomplishments” aren’t that ground-breaking in the grand scheme. Yet the stain that will be left by trump FAR exceeds even the most charitable “accomplishments” of trump.

48 minutes ago, jrock2310 said:

So did you vote for trump bcus you had a burning passion for an embassy in Jerusalem?  

tax cut?

Civil unrest?

Backing out or reneging on numerous bi-partisan treaties & conventions.  Some of which took decades of careful & methodical diplomacy?

Repairing old boarder wall - which isn't very effective considering most immigrants are lapsed visas?

Prison reform where he early released inmates who were already set to be released?  

Supreme Court?  ... not really an accomplishment rather than a product of timing & circumstance.  

Reshaping the fed judiciary?  Again... another example of conventional chance.  Most presidents fill vacant seats.  trump just so happened to fill them at rates faster than any other potus.  Likely at the request of his party affiliates. 

Since most past Presidents (including Obama-lama-ding-dong) were for it...it’s a plus, but not a big issue

Tax cuts...hell yes, I got one and am not a millionaire or billionaire.

Civil unrest?  Trump didn’t start BLM (it started under Obama-lama-ding-dong) and wasn’t the one not enforcing local law...try again.

I didn’t want us part of The Paris Accord or the Iran deal

Prison reform...again, not a big issue but it was needed.

Supreme Court/Fed judiciary...hell yes.  More than 150 new lifetime conservative judges!!!!!

• Thumb up 1
3 hours ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Of course there are some who do that regarding Trump (or those on your side of the fence that do the same with their folks/agenda). But that broad brushstroke doesn’t encompass me. I think they’re all clowns and puppets. I’m a fundamental systems, Constitution and rule of law guy. Hell, when Obozo campaigned on “raising the National Debt is unpatriotic”, I thought (initially) we may have something viable here.....we saw how that worked out.

As far as Obozocare, my position has always been clear and concise. Obozocare is a complete joke, within an existing system that is systemically very flawed. It ALL needs to go down the shitter and be rebuilt from the ground up. Trump having absolutely zero plan is one of his numerous fuck ups....tweeting BS isn’t a plan.

Point is, in regards to this Op....right there are two highly fundamental differences that clearly demonstrate the flawed base principle of this OP, and her follow up, to be that “pinched and narrow view” you accurately referenced in your response. One ignorant brushstroke does not fit all, regardless which side of the fence one may sit.

when I see folks on the right roundly condemning assholes like @EltonJohnson, I'll consider doing the same.  Certainly not until.

15 hours ago, Michaelf said:

Do what you think is best and then own the consequences. Also realize what you do just doesn't matter very much to the rest of the world.

It isn't only me.  Others are so utterly perplexed by the morality of Trump voters that they wonder how they can every think you are worthy of association.  

11 hours ago, Scout said:

I'm the dumbest?  I will live with that.

I just wonder how YOU live with always being bested by the "dumbest poster on the board"?   :D :D :D 

When have you ever “bested” me? 😁

4 hours ago, BatteryPowered said:

Since most past Presidents (including Obama-lama-ding-dong) were for it...it’s a plus, but not a big issue

An issue for which the US was neutral on.  Now trump has sided America, thus, losing our leverage in this region.  

Tax cuts...hell yes, I got one and am not a millionaire or billionaire.

Less than 5% of people earning $75K+ received benefit.   That literally makes you an outlier.  An outlier for which I (& probably most of the board) remain skeptic.

Civil unrest?  Trump didn’t start BLM (it started under Obama-lama-ding-dong) and wasn’t the one not enforcing local law...try again.

BLM was around during the O era.  However, O actually spoke to & at one of the rallies/protests.  He was a leader in a time of unrest.  trump uses BLM as a gaslighting tool.  A tool to use as a wedge, to divide & split the populace.  trump uses BLM for political expediency. 

I didn’t want us part of The Paris Accord or the Iran deal

Do you not want the Paris accord bcus of reasons other than trump doesn’t like it, or do you perhaps have a more in-depth impression?

As for the Iran deal... IT WAS WORKING.  It was certified by republicans.  The moment trump reneged on the deal, he granted Iran nuclear proliferation. 

Prison reform...again, not a big issue but it was needed.

Did you not bother to read any of the previous narratives concerning each point?  He did nothing w/ prison reform.  He gave a few prisoners who were set to be released an even earlier release so he could tout prison reform.  So you could go to a message board and praise him for prison reform.  

Supreme Court/Fed judiciary...hell yes.  More than 150 new lifetime conservative judges!!!!!

Again... what about this is unique to trump?  What is unique about republicans appointing republican judges?

Do you think had lindsey graham or jeb bush won the election, they wouldn’t have selected republicans justices?

Give me something that is ground-breakingly & uniquely trump...

7 hours ago, Scout said:

Let's face it, I have seen the people that attend Trump rallies.  You would fit in well there with your lack of character and morals --- THUS PROVING the premise of the OP has GREAT MERIT.  

You wouldn't a moral if it slapped you in the face, hypocrite. The only thing you did with the OP is make sh?t up.

8 hours ago, Scout said:

It isn't only me.  Others are so utterly perplexed by the morality of Trump voters that they wonder how they can every think you are worthy of association.  

What the hell does a bunch of socialists and abortionists know about morality? No need for them to feel obligated to associate with us. They can go fuck themselves.

On 11/16/2020 at 6:54 PM, Scout said:

Seriously, should I?

Are they all liars and thieves covering for one another? 

Judge me however you want.  C U Next Tuesday!