Rogue General Mark Milley Threatens President: “We Do Not Take an Oath to King or Queen, a Tyrant or Dictator”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/11/fire-now-rogue-general-mark-milley-threatens-president-not-take-oath-king-queen-tyrant-dictator/

“President Trump fired Defense Secretary Mark Esper on Monday morning.

… snip …

General Mark Milley, another Never-Trump general and chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, fired off a warning shot to President Trump during a speech on Wednesday.

Via CNN:

"We do not take an oath to a king or a queen, a tyrant or a dictator. We do not take an oath to an individual. No, we do not take an oath to a country, a tribe or religion. We take an oath to the Constitution.”

The oath you took, *general*, included this … “I will obey the orders of the President of the United States.”   You, in essence, just stated you wouldn’t do that.   So, Trump should remove you from the JCS TODAY and send you to the front lines …  the DMZ in Korea… or Kabul, Afghanistan.   Or if he’s feeling forgiving … a *command* as far North as possible in Alaska.   Just saying …

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, slideman said:

Lol chooser thinks an army officer stating that he will honor the Constitution is a threat to Trump. Typical fascist

Chooser voted for Don Blankenship, the mass murderer from W Virginia

5 minutes ago, Zaro said:

Chooser voted for Don Blankenship, the mass murderer from W Virginia

Zero is a LYING teenager who already lives on the street in tent city, San Antonio ... smoking dope to get her through the day.    No dreams (other than hoping sugar daddy Biden will make everything free), no aspirations (other than wanting to live on the dole and smoke dope all day), and NO FUTURE (other than tent city, living a life of squaller, because she threw away her chance at a good education and studied *social justice* instead).    Plus ... obviously ... the communists she wants to hand the government over to now have no real plans to be her sugar daddy.    It's all a pipe dream.      Just saying ...

Oath of Commissioned Officers  I ___, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God. (Title 5 U.S. Code 3331, an individual, except the President, elected or appointed to an office of honor or profit in the civil service or uniformed services

On 11/13/2020 at 11:36 AM, slideman said:

Lol chooser thinks an army officer stating that he will honor the Constitution is a threat to Trump. Typical fascist

Trump is his commander in chief, bitch. 

Any general that doesn’t respect that needs to be removed. 

• Thumb up 1

On 11/13/2020 at 11:52 AM, BeAChooser said:

Zero is a LYING teenager who already lives on the street in tent city, San Antonio ... smoking dope to get her through the day.    No dreams (other than hoping sugar daddy Biden will make everything free), no aspirations (other than wanting to live on the dole and smoke dope all day), and NO FUTURE (other than tent city, living a life of squaller, because she threw away her chance at a good education and studied *social justice* instead).    Plus ... obviously ... the communists she wants to hand the government over to now have no real plans to be her sugar daddy.    It's all a pipe dream.      Just saying ...

Well, from what I hear, zipperhead lives pipe...

On 11/13/2020 at 11:33 AM, BeAChooser said:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/11/fire-now-rogue-general-mark-milley-threatens-president-not-take-oath-king-queen-tyrant-dictator/

“President Trump fired Defense Secretary Mark Esper on Monday morning.

… snip …

General Mark Milley, another Never-Trump general and chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, fired off a warning shot to President Trump during a speech on Wednesday.

Via CNN:

"We do not take an oath to a king or a queen, a tyrant or a dictator. We do not take an oath to an individual. No, we do not take an oath to a country, a tribe or religion. We take an oath to the Constitution.”

The oath you took, *general*, included this … “I will obey the orders of the President of the United States.”   You, in essence, just stated you wouldn’t do that.   So, Trump should remove you from the JCS TODAY and send you to the front lines …  the DMZ in Korea… or Kabul, Afghanistan.   Or if he’s feeling forgiving … a *command* as far North as possible in Alaska.   Just saying …

just show him the data and poof, let's protect the Constitution!

First and foremost President Trump is acting within his legal power granted by the Constitution.

This is more spin for the satanic ultraliberal agenda driven media and their pet parrot bloggers.

No where in the post does the General saying anything about not following orders from the Commander-in-Chief.

Been a long time since I was in the Army...I remember saying to faith execute my orders when I was worn in.

And it is against the UCMJ for any Service Member to make public statements about the President that would reflect badly on the Service.

1 hour ago, Zaro said:

Lawful orders

1 hour ago, Str8tEdge said:

Give us an example of an unlawful order, dumb fuck? Oh.. You can’t. 😆

Well? What orders has Trump given that were unlawful? 

Or should you not wade into any discussion higher than grade school level? 

1 hour ago, Old Mack said:

First and foremost President Trump is acting within his legal power granted by the Constitution.

12 minutes ago, Str8tEdge said:

Well? What orders has Trump given that were unlawful? 

zarHO probably doesn't know what a unlawful order is...other than the obvious.

da0d9c0422b212a1cd2e58a1a4d4c1ff.jpg

Were Trump to declare the election null and command the military to intervene then that would be an unconstitutional order. The generals would be right to disobey.  

I suspect that Gen. Miley sought to reassure the public that the US military will not prop up the candidate who lost the elections. A secondary goal might have been to remind Trump that he should not go down that path. 

• Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, Olivaw said:

Were Trump to declare the election null and command the military to intervene then that would be an unconstitutional order.

It would also be a unlawful order if he command Service Members to wear underwear on the outside of thier pants.

1 hour ago, Olivaw said:

I suspect that Gen. Miley sought to reassure the public that the US military will not prop up the candidate who lost the elections. A secondary goal might have been to remind Trump that he should not go down that path. 

I just read the entire interview and the point the General was making clear was how important it is to keep the Military and the Civil leadership separate. So of course the CNN quote is taken out of context to feed the ever hungry TDS listeners.

It was not directed at the President personally.

Your post is a sernio that ultraliberals make up in the TDS minds. President Trump does not have the Constitutional authority to declare a election null.

He does have the authority to command the Military to intervene...if there was civil unrest over the election being overturned by the Supreme Court.

I wish you ultraliberals would read a little bit about this stuff and I'm not talking what CNN says.  We have...what is called Checks & Balances. Congress could remove the President over night if this was the case. (eg) The Delecration of War against Japan.

Not expert BUT the Secret Service or the U.S. Capitol Police would probably be in charge of removing him from the White House (by force if necessary) and he would probably be taken right to the Capital bld.

48 minutes ago, Old Mack said:

It would also be a unlawful order if he command Service Members to wear underwear on the outside of thier pants.

I just read the entire interview and the point the General was making clear was how important it is to keep the Military and the Civil leadership separate. So of course the CNN quote is taken out of context to feed the ever hungry TDS listeners. it was not directed at the President directly.

Your post is a sernio that ultraliberals make up in the TDS minds. President Trump does not have the Constitutional authority to declare a election null.

He does have the authority to command the Military to intervene...if there was civil unrest over the election being overturned by the Supreme Court.

I wish you ultraliberals would read a little bit about this stuff and I'm not talking what CNN says.  We have...what is called Checks & Balances...Congress could remove the President over night if this was the case.

Not expert BUT the Secret Service would probably be in charge of removing him from the White House (by force if necessary) and he would probably be taken right to the Capital bld.

I said might. it was even underlined. 

You can blame CNN but, as @Zaro noted, @BeAChooser has promoted the idea that the military should intervene to give Trump a do-over after he lost the election. Begs the question, would he want Trump to subsequently order multiple do-overs until he got the result he wanted? 

A lot of people on my side were worried about Trump’s authoritarian tendencies. You may consider that TDS but how does one reconcile your faith in the man’s commitment to the constitution with his current effort to replace pentagon officials with unqualified loyalists? If Trump were considering a coup, how would he behave differently? 

FWIW, I doubt Trump would attempt a coup. He’s too cowardly and he knows that the generals would disobey an unconstitutional order. As you said, he’d be marched to the capital by the secret service. I think most people have come to recognize that Trump can do little more than tweet impotently. 

The fantasy of SCOTUS overturning the election is far fetched. Even if Trump were to win his PA challenge, SCOTUS will almost certainly not throw out sufficient votes to win him the state. Even if SCOTUS did somehow overturn PA voters who legally cast ballots under the rules in place on Election Day, it would not get Trump to 270. Biden would still win. 

My entire point in posting is to assert that Joe Biden will be sworn in on January 20th.  Not sure if you’ve noticed but a lot of RWNJs on this site appear unable to accept it.