Why is the leftist cult so afraid of a legitimate election?

4 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Regardless of the outcome, is not a legitimate election the most important aspect to elections?

For obvious reasons.  

What surprises me more are the conservatives who seem afraid of demanding a REVOTE now.

They insist that recounts and investigations and lower court cases are the way to go ... when it's clear they are not.

10 minutes ago, Dontlooknow said:

It was a legit election. Why does trump government appointees says it was legit but you want to believe the opposite?

Waaaaay to many instances that call the legitimacy into question.

I could care less of the outcome, provided it’s legit. The process is what’s critical, more than the players.

One should not be afraid to look at the question marks.

Just now, LaughinAtLefty said:

Waaaaay to many instances that call the legitimacy into question.

I could care less of the outcome, provided it’s legit. The process is what’s critical, more than the players.

One should not be afraid to look at the question marks.

Why are you claiming voter fraud when you can't prove it is the

4 minutes ago, Dontlooknow said:

Why are you claiming voter fraud when you can't prove it is the

I’m not....MANY are claiming numerous voter irregularities. It’s well documented at this point.

Those need to be resolved to make this election legitimate. We don’t want to be a fucking third world banana republic.

Let’s resolve them legitimately and move on.....

23 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Regardless of the outcome, is not a legitimate election the most important aspect to elections?

I think the writing is pretty much on the wall and President Trump should have bowled out gracefully...even tho it was a crooked election.

zarHO said the REPUBs just want to put a * next to Sleepy Joes name...I had to tell her there already is.

49acf547-0c78-4720-b682-acadde8b410b_zpsv1vvmzfc.png

Small Cracks Emerge in G.O.P. Support for Trump’s Baseless Fraud Claims

President Trump retains a powerful hold on his party. But a growing number of Republican elected officials and party leaders have signaled they will indulge his conspiracy theories for only so long.

merlin_179893011_ed30eedb-70a4-49de-adbb

President Trump has a long memory, a penchant for seeking revenge on those who cross him and overwhelming support among the base of Republican voters.President Trump has a long memory, a penchant for seeking revenge on those who cross him and overwhelming support among the base of Republican voters.Credit...Erin Schaff/The New York Times

• Nov. 12, 2020Updated 9:40 p.m. ET
    •  
    •  

The first small cracks have begun to appear in the Republican wall of support for President Trump and his unfounded claims of voter fraud in the 2020 election, with a growing number of elected officials and party leaders signaling on Thursday that they would indulge Mr. Trump’s conspiracy theories for only so long. A few were willing to openly contradict him.

Gov. Mike DeWine of Ohio said that it was time to call Joseph R. Biden Jr. the “president-elect.” The Republican attorney general of Arizona said that Mr. Trump would not end up winning his state, despite the president’s protestations. And on Capitol Hill, several Republican senators have begun, in measured tones, to say that Mr. Biden should be entitled to classified intelligence briefings as the incoming commander in chief or that it is time to recognize he will soon be certified as president-elect.

Asked when he believed Mr. Trump should accept the result, Senator Charles E. Grassley of Iowa, the chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, even set a deadline for the president to acknowledge reality: Dec. 13 — the day before the Electoral College delegations cast their votes for president.

Influential party financiers and strategists have begun to weigh in, as well.

“The president does a disservice to his more rabid supporters by insisting that he would have won the Nov. 3 election absent voter fraud,” said an editorial in The Las Vegas Review-Journal, a newspaper owned by the family of the Republican megadonor Sheldon Adelson. “That’s simply false.” Mr. Adelson and his wife, Miriam, have given more than $75 million to super PACs supporting Mr. Trump.

Karl Rove, the Republican strategist, published a Wall Street Journal op-ed essay under the headline, “This Election Result Won’t Be Overturned.”

Mr. Trump has a long memory, a penchant for seeking revenge on those who cross him and overwhelming support among the base of Republican voters. The fact that so few prominent Republicans are willing to break publicly with him, even in defeat, is the latest sign of his enduring hold on the Republican Party — now and into the future.

• The election. And its impact on you.
Special offer: Subscribe for $1 a week.

“When you look at the number of votes that he got, you look at the kind of enthusiasm that he engenders, I mean — he’s going to be a very, very significant figure whether he’s in the White House or not,” said Senator Josh Hawley, Republican of Missouri. “I don’t know who else would be considered the leader, if not for him.”

No prominent potential Republican candidate for president in 2024 — including Mr. Hawley — has criticized Mr. Trump for his refusal to acquiesce to the transition of power. Most have stayed silent or given Mr. Trump, who has spoken privately about running again in four years, latitude and support without parroting his most baseless conspiracies. Vice President Mike Pence, who followed Mr. Trump to the lectern on election night, tried to sound as if he was standing firmly with the president without echoing his false claims of victory.

But with Mr. Biden now leading in enough states to deliver him as many as 306 Electoral College votes — the same sum Mr. Trump won in 2016 and declared a “landslide” — and with no credible evidence of electoral malfeasance, Republicans are gingerly beginning to acknowledge the reality of Mr. Biden’s win. The former vice president leads by more than 20,000 votes in Wisconsin, 53,000 in Pennsylvania and 148,000 in Michigan — comparable to or larger than Mr. Trump’s winning margins in those states four years ago. And in the popular vote, Mr. Biden is now ahead by more than five million votes.

“There is an inevitable logic to this,” said Ari Fleischer, the White House press secretary under President George W. Bush, who has congratulated Mr. Biden on his win on Fox News. “None of these recounts and allegations are going to turn this election around.”

Democrats argue that indulging Mr. Trump’s recalcitrance is undercutting faith in the nation’s democratic institutions and undermining the incoming Biden administration’s legitimacy.

Former President Obama called it a “dangerous path” in an interview with CBS’s “60 Minutes,” according to excerpts released Thursday. He said he was troubled that “Republican officials who clearly know better are going along with this.”

On Thursday, the president made new baseless accusations about a voting software company. Groups representing government election and security officials, including in the Trump administration, as well as private sector election vendors, issued a joint statement declaring, “There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised.”

merlin_179116347_1b02cd11-582b-45ff-a194

Senator Charles E. Grassley of Iowa, the chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, said Mr. Trump should stop fighting the election results on Dec. 13, the day before the Electoral College meets.Senator Charles E. Grassley of Iowa, the chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, said Mr. Trump should stop fighting the election results on Dec. 13, the day before the Electoral College meets.Credit...Anna Moneymaker for The New York Times

Mr. Trump’s strategy is a familiar one that he has deployed since the first full day of his administration. Then, he demanded that his press secretary, Sean Spicer, march out to the White House Briefing Room to declare his inauguration crowd was the largest in history, despite clear evidence to the contrary. Now, he wants Republicans to ignore the election results to declare him the 2020 winner anyway.

When Secretary of State Mike Pompeo predicted earlier this week, with a grin, that there would be “a smooth transition to a second Trump administration,” Mr. Trump favorably reposted the video on Twitter.

The political and rhetorical safe space that many Republicans have retreated to is a call to “count every legal vote,” insinuating there was a raft of illegal ballots that no evidence has shown exist. (There are also more extreme Democratic fears of G.O.P. state legislatures appointing rogue electors who might ignore the results in their states, but Mr. Biden’s campaign has been dismissive of such talk.)

For now, Senate Republicans are especially leery of crossing Mr. Trump before the two Georgia runoffs on Jan. 5 that will determine control of the chamber, realizing they must mobilize Mr. Trump’s base without him on the ballot. There are fears that Mr. Trump might attack either Senator Kelly Loeffler or Senator David Perdue for being insufficiently loyal.

1 minute ago, Old Mack said:

I think the writing is pretty much on the wall and President Trump should have bowled out gracefully...even tho it was a crooked election.

zarHO said the REPUBs just want to put a * next to Sleepy Joes name...I had to tell her there already is.

49acf547-0c78-4720-b682-acadde8b410b_zpsv1vvmzfc.png

I don’t know if it’s crooked or not, though I have some strong inklings.

When there’s so many apparent improprieties, do you just lay down and do nothing? Is that what are electoral process, and this country is founded upon?

No, actually the process was founded by some pretty smart people 250 years ago to NOT have a feudal system, to not have rigged elections, but to have fair and honest representation.

What’s happening presently seems to go against what made this country what it is. It needs to be fully resolved, lest we become the very things those that founded this country resolved to abolish.

1 minute ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

When there’s so many apparent improprieties, do you just lay down and do nothing? Is that what are electoral process, and this country is founded upon?

No, actually the process was founded by some pretty smart people 250 years ago to NOT have a feudal system, to not have rigged elections, but to have fair and honest representation.

What’s happening presently seems to go against what made this country what it is. It needs to be fully resolved, lest we become the very things those that founded this country resolved to abolish.

Care to make a bet?

3 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

I do....since I've seen 5 video's of voting impropriety. 

We have what is called a Constitutional mess on out hands and for President Trump to be declared the winner....is going to take a large margin; with lots of buried bodies and finger prints.