Another chimpout: Florida Man, 49, Arrested After Meltdown Over Lack Of Lettuce

Angered that a burger joint “had no more lettuce for their sandwiches,” a Florida Man allegedly caused a disturbance late Wednesday that resulted in his arrest on a pair of criminal charges.

Police say that Henry Arce-Cabellero, 49, was beating on the windows of a Checkers restaurant in Largo, a city in the Tampa Bay area. Arce-Cabelleo was melting down, cops charge, “because he was upset that the store had no more lettuce for their sandwiches.”

According to a criminal complaint, Arce-Cabellero was “yelling and screaming” at Checkers’s employees, causing them to “fear for their safety.”

When police arrived at the eatery around 11:30 PM, Arce-Cabellero, who was in his car, refused to identify himself, prompting an officer to remove him from the vehicle. “The defendant was uncooperative with me and denied the allegations,” a patrolman reported.

Arce-Cabellero was charged with disorderly conduct in an establishment and resisting an officer without violence, both misdemeanors. Arce-Cabelleo was released yesterday from the county jail on his own recognizance.  According to recent news reports, a national lettuce shortage has impacted restaurants across the country. Last month, for example, Chick-fil-A alerted customers that due to “industry wide challenges with lettuce supply, certain menu items, including salads, may be prepared differently or unavailable for the time being.”

37 minutes ago, tunafish said:

@XavierOnassis likes checkers burgers.

I use to drive my friend to work in West Philly sometimes...it was there and than I coined Ghetto Burger.; since they are thru out the Hood.

Checkers are the original Burgers in the Hood...I've jail houses with less security.

Yeah...can eyes get a MOFO ghetto burger with some extra bullet jawns on the side, a order riot fries and a bottle of Champipple ? ........YO !

A portrait of the founders hanging in the main office

40+ Gangland ideas in 2020 | gangster, real gangster, gang culture