Do Republicans believe that Trump should be charged with and tried for all the crimes he has committed over the years

Scout

14 minutes ago, Wallco1 said:

Name one crime 

I will give you LOTS of them:

They’ll have plenty of potential charges to choose from. Both Mueller and the Senate Intelligence Committee — a Republican-led panel — have extensively documented how Trump committed obstruction of justice (18 U.S. Code § 73), lied to investigators (18 U.S. Code § 1001), and conspired with Russian intelligence to commit an offense against the United States (18 U.S. Code § 371). All three crimes carry a maximum sentence of five years in prison — per charge. According to legal experts, federal prosecutors could be ready to indict Trump on one or more of these felonies as early as the first quarter of 2021.

3 minutes ago, Scout said:

They’ll have plenty of potential charges to choose from. Both Mueller and the Senate Intelligence Committee — a Republican-led panel — have extensively documented how Trump committed obstruction of justice (18 U.S. Code § 73), lied to investigators (18 U.S. Code § 1001), and conspired with Russian intelligence to commit an offense against the United States (18 U.S. Code § 371). All three crimes carry a maximum sentence of five years in prison — per charge. According to legal experts, federal prosecutors could be ready to indict Trump on one or more of these felonies as early as the first quarter of 2021.

None of that is a proven crime. It is all made up bullshit by Dems.  

3 minutes ago, Scout said:

Unless you are willing and able to investigate Roman abramovich you will never have evidence of trump colluding with 'Russia'.

But that will never happen. Ronan abramovich has far more power than any politician.

4 minutes ago, Scout said:

FALSE.  This was covered during an earlier discussion in Trump's term and 

you are wrong.  

Then to be consistent you will have to charge anyone who ever used 'Prosecutional discretion' with obstruction. Namely every DA in the usa.

3 minutes ago, PhilipIV said:

Then to be consistent you will have to charge anyone who ever used 'Prosecutional discretion' with obstruction. Namely every DA in the usa.

FALSE.  YOu are not knowledgeable enuf on this subject to discuss it.  

33 minutes ago, Scout said:

Now that Trump can no longer hide behind a title (72 days), 

law and order Republicans believe Trump should be 

punished to the full extent of the law, correct?  

Trump has never committed a crime, or already would have been charged, convicted, and in jail.

Keep dreaming retard ...

Last year, after U.S. Attorneys in the Southern District dropped their investigation into the hush money that Trump had paid Stormy Daniels, Vance took up the case. Suspecting that l’affaire Stormy might prove to be part of a larger pattern of shady dealings, his office started digging into Trump’s finances. What Vance is investigating, according to court filings, is evidence of “extensive and protracted criminal conduct at the Trump Organization,” potentially involving bank fraud, tax fraud, and insurance fraud. The New York Times has detailed how Trump and his family have long falsified records to avoid taxes, and during testimony before Congress in 2019, Trump’s longtime fixer Michael Cohen stated that Trump had inflated the value of his assets to obtain a bank loan.

There are two main charges that Vance is likely to pursue. The first is falsifying business records (N.Y. Penal Law § 175.10). During Cohen’s trial, federal prosecutors filed a sentencing memorandum that explained how the Trump Organization had mischaracterized hush-money payments as “legal expenses” in its bookkeeping. Under New York law, falsifying records by itself is only a misdemeanor, but if it results in the commission of another crime, it becomes a felony. And false business records frequently lead to another offense: tax fraud (N.Y. Tax Law § 1806).

If Trump cooked his books, observes Sheil, that false information would essentially “flow into the tax returns.” The first crime begets the second, making both the bookkeeper and the tax accountant liable. “Since you have several folks involved,” Sheil says, “you could either bring a conspiracy charge, maximum sentence five years, or you could charge each individual with aiding and abetting the preparation of a false tax return, with a max sentence of three years.”

To build a fraud case against Trump, Vance subpoenaed his financial records. But those records alone won’t be enough: To secure a conviction, Vance will need to convince a jury not only that Trump cheated on his taxes but that he intended to do so. “If you just have the documents, the defense will say that defendant didn’t have criminal intent,” Jaroslaw explains. “I call it the ‘I’m an idiot’ defense: ‘I made a mistake. I didn’t mean to do anything.’ ” Unfortunately for Trump, both Cohen and his longtime accountant, Allen Weisselberg, have already signaled their willingness to cooperate with prosecutors. “What’s great about having an accountant in the witness stand is that they can tell you about the conversation they had with the client,” Jaroslaw says.

39 minutes ago, Scout said:

Four years ago, I would have said yes. Now it is evident that there are two sets of rules in this country. At least. Maybe more. 

I can’t hold Trump to a standard higher than anyone else in DC. 

4 minutes ago, Scout said:

The market is VERY happy over Biden's election and Pfizer's news about the vaccine. 

I have no doubt. Virus aid will quit being obstructed in the House, lockdowns will be coming to an end....even before the vaccine. There won’t be pushback against the vaccine. Cities aren’t going to burn....at least because of the election. 

Much to be optimistic about on 11/9. 

1 hour ago, Scout said:

He ain't no Pinochet. Just a washed-up old con man

1 hour ago, neue regel said:

I have no doubt. Virus aid will quit being obstructed in the House, lockdowns will be coming to an end....even before the vaccine. There won’t be pushback against the vaccine. Cities aren’t going to burn....at least because of the election. 

Much to be optimistic about on 11/9. 

Cities burning will depend on how many cops decide to murder unarmed black men. 

I personally am tired of the profligate spending of the Trump Admin. 

1 hour ago, Butthead said:

Sweet.   Let's start putting opposing party officials in prison like 3rd world dictatorships.    That'll turn out well.  

You voted for Trump so we already know that is your way.